Video: Caught in the act! Foreigners stealing Thai jobs on Samui say operators

webfact

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Is that because they don't steal the job from Thais cleaning up the beach?

Thais cleaning the beaches by themselves ? that ll' be the day !!!

With worthwhile tourism on a serious decline, when I say worthwhile I mean the kind that contribute to the local encomomy not the massive tours in their buses. We will see a lot more racist comments coming from local tourist hotshots.

5 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Perhaps the Thais could improve their services. Offer a better, safer, more efficient customer-satisfaction based service, and put them out of business that way.

????

Are you joking? That would mean they would have to work and work is something that Thais are allergic to.

Transportation services and especially the taxi business on Samui arent exactly known for they great law abiding and economical services....

Maybe they should take a deep long look into the mirror...?

yet more anti-foreigner press to fuel the already hatred and support the general xenophobic mentality of almost every thai. Stealing jobs, violence and crime, economy,, welcome to Thailand.

Glad I am gone. Theres much better out their folks, it's a big world. 

Hey, listen up you me! Too many farang steal work from hard working Thai funny man too! Sure, me understand: everybody think next Jackie Gleason, but this serious problem. Have family to feed, OK, mister? Need work permit to tell joke in Thailand, understand? Not forget, OK? Pinky promise? Remember: foreigner make people laugh Thailand, breakup Thai law!  Khob khun, krup. Swastika, krup.

With respect,

Kohtee

P.S. Sorry, I mean swasdee krup.

Image result for kohtee

5 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Perhaps the Thais could improve their services. Offer a better, safer, more efficient customer-satisfaction based service, and put them out of business that way.

????

Well yeh, exactly. Part of the issue is that the Thais have had things too easy for waaaaaay too long in this industry, many of them need a swift kick up the arse, basically.

While there are plenty that offer decent services, there are just as many that really, really don't. If the government actually protects these forms of employment by prohibiting foreigners from engaging in them, then fair enough, any foreigner working in such areas would be breaking the law of the land. I can't believe that there would be many foreign expats offering taxi services and tours though tbh, I'd be astonished if they were really taking away MUCH business from the locals in places like Samui. However, they should be able to!

Such competition in the marketplace and the undoubted increase in standards, bedside manner, regulation and decrease in corruption that it would bring would be just what is needed for tourists and locals alike, in fact. If the local hacks were given a bit of competition they would in most cases have no choice but to raise their standards of service and drop the extortion and generally venal practices or watch their custom die away. That's business! The fact that they don't have sufficient competition (and from people who are less corrupt and more competent) and that the Police are of course in on it all, is a big reason why Thailand's reputation suffers and why it is losing more & more of its foreign tourism to it's neighbours and further afield. Complacency coupled with corruption breeds inefficiency and substandard service - Thailand is proof of that I'm afraid to say.

They never publish anything about the good work that foreigners do without pay such as cleaning dirty beaches , picking up all the rubbish and dumped plastic taking care of abandoned animals the list is never ending but no it’s about cab drivers complaining because they are losing out on business maybe these drivers should consider reducing the extortionate rates they charge go to other parts of Thailand that attracts tourists and you will see the same service being offered for a much cheaper price.

2 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

They never publish anything about the good work that foreigners do without pay such as cleaning dirty beaches , picking up all the rubbish and dumped plastic taking care of abandoned animals the list is never ending but no it’s about cab drivers complaining because they are losing out on business maybe these drivers should consider reducing the extortionate rates they charge go to other parts of Thailand that attracts tourists and you will see the same service being offered for a much cheaper price.

Yup, 

I know a ton of animal clinics that are all voluntarily run by foreigner in the gulf side. 

All for free... No thai would ever do that.

Not posting details as thai would prolly hunt them down.. 

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And do they have proof that the foreigner doesn't have a legitimate business and work permit?

Not all foreigners are illegal, so to throw the open accusation out there is wrong.

Rightfully or wrongfully, foreigners are not allowed to work in tourism or hospitality or transport. He could not have had a work permit or a business to do that work. So, unless the exchange of money was non-commercial, the falang was breaking the law 

5 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Let us know where those excellent tour guides are on Samui.

Last time i hired an official taxi there they wanted 100 USD for the ride.

Screenshot_20190509_092550.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

That's insane!  I had no idea. No wonder the local tour operators are pissed! And as soon as the tourists get educated as to what constitutes realistic taxi faires, they are gong to feel ripped off and feel pissed too!

Geezus, am I ever in the wrong business!  Oh, wait a minute. I'm retired, so I am not in any business.  Oh, well. <deleted> it!

6 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

????

No.

That would be the sensible way.

5 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Let us know where those excellent tour guides are on Samui.

Last time i hired an official taxi there they wanted 100 USD for the ride.

Screenshot_20190509_092550.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

United States of Samui

23 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yup, 

I know a ton of animal clinics that are all voluntarily run by foreigner in the gulf side. 

All for free... No thai would ever do that.

Not posting details as thai would prolly hunt them down.. 

Like this lot on Samui, who are if you look, mostly Thai's?

11916107_1146175525395788_334117983079799990_n.jpg.f04132ca3d9db5f4bf78efcb84409fcd.jpg

2 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Some folks on TVF certainly complain about that.  And as far as the video is concerned, who can say the foreigner wasn't paying back a loan to the lady.

PROOF?    ????

Who can say?  The BiB can say . . . if they choose to.

1 hour ago, AJBangkok said:

The solution is to ban all foreigners from visiting Ko Samui. Then there will be no outrage.

Yeah.  And along those lines, if you run a "clip joint" like those over-priced taxis long enough, sooner or later someone is going to find a way to compete with you, legally or illegally, fairly or unfairly. There is just too much money in it. It hardly matters whether the competition is a greasy foreigner or a greasy Thai. 

Archived