Video: Caught in the act! Foreigners stealing Thai jobs on Samui say operators

webfact

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody stops to think why a western guy would be transporting foreigners to/from the pier - does anyone actually believe he is taxiing for a living?

No, (this is happening daily on Koh Phangan as well) these farangs are AirBnb 'hosts' and are most certainly stealing jobs as well as revenue from Thailand, they are also the ones who neglect to inform their 'guests' they must be registered at immigration...

In short they are leaches, blood-suckers who deserve to be stomped on.

Well, lets see. Foreigners probably don't try to rip the customers off by over charging. Probably offer friendlier service, and in English, to English speaking customers, and are more polite and friendly overall. 

5 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Well, lets see. Foreigners probably don't try to rip the customers off by over charging. Probably offer friendlier service, and in English, to English speaking customers, and are more polite and friendly overall. 

They are still foreigners, in a foreign country.

If you don't like the laws then just do as you please?

9 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

They are still foreigners, in a foreign country.

If you don't like the laws then just do as you please?

If you don't like the laws then just do as you please?...You just described the Thai way of thinking.

1 minute ago, Just1Voice said:

No sense in talking to you. You're a "Thai Apologist" who can't see what is right in front of your face. 

And you are trying to excuse foreigners breaking the law - by saying it is okay because the locals do so?

14 minutes ago, Razek said:

Without Foreigners they will have no job and taking a gift from somone we bring anywhere is not against the law

No, but it is against the law to operate an unregistered hotel, or villa and advertise it on AirBnb... It is also illegal to host foreigners and not report it to immigration. Ditto transporting 'customers' for a fee.

Whether or not you agree with the laws is totally irrelevant.

Not surprised why immigration wants 800/400K + 90 reports and a ton of circus jumping through hoops, and they'll still throw us out.  We're taking money away from Thais. Impressive. 

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

….and I thought the story would be about foreigners cleaning up the local beaches.....they don't seem to complain when that happens!

Some folks on TVF certainly complain about that.  And as far as the video is concerned, who can say the foreigner wasn't paying back a loan to the lady.

PROOF?    ????

6 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Not surprised why immigration wants 800/400K + 90 reports and a ton of circus jumping through hoops, and they'll still throw us out.  We're taking money away from Thais. Impressive. 

Perhaps they are tired of cheap foreigners lying, cheating and stealing to fund their dream retirement?

New retirement laws are tough, and I feel sorry for genuine retirees who cannot prove their income but I feel nothing for those bleating that it is so outrageous, because they have been caught out playing the system...

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He is fed up with his members suffering because of the illegal foreigners causing them hardship. 

If foreigners are causing so much hardship maybe they should go somewhere else - problem solved 

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Let us know where those excellent tour guides are on Samui.
Last time i hired an official taxi there they wanted 100 USD for the ride.

Screenshot_20190509_092550.jpg

What a rip off for europeans.

Exchange your euro to usd,

and you are safe.

58 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

And you are trying to excuse foreigners breaking the law - by saying it is okay because the locals do so?

I thought breaking the law was a national past time and I was just being culturally sensitive by following suit? 

1 hour ago, ParadiseLost said:

Nobody stops to think why a western guy would be transporting foreigners to/from the pier - does anyone actually believe he is taxiing for a living?

No, (this is happening daily on Koh Phangan as well) these farangs are AirBnb 'hosts' and are most certainly stealing jobs as well as revenue from Thailand, t

stealing.....revenue from Thailand. 

That has to be one of the weakest, fakest arguments ever presented on TVF.

They live in Thailand so any revenue that may or may not be generated by the alleged job stealing will be spent in Thailand or deposited in a Thai bank. It all ends up in the same pot a.k.a the local Thai economy. Thailand loses nothing. 

Do you think they are collecting money and then transferring it back to their home country?? Really?? 

4 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Perhaps the Thais could improve their services. Offer a better, safer, more efficient customer-satisfaction based service, and put them out of business that way.

????

Whoa whoa whoa,

Now you're asking for wayyyyyy too much 

I have been in Samui since 1995-2017, I worked legally with a work permit and I often saw foreigners (Russians, Germans, Italians, and others) who did a lot of sightseeing as guides and drivers.
No one has ever done anything and I don't think the situation will change.
THE POLICE MUST START TO MAKE THEIR DUTY!

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Are these the same jobs as in pattaya where dozens of taxis just sit there will not turn on the meter, refuse to go a short distances and charge you as they were the only taxi in Pattaya?...

And that needs to be extended to the mbike mafial who now don't move for under 100 baht when in bkok it is a 30 baht ride.

Archived