Labor Minister opens Thailand Kitchen of the World event

webfact

Labor Minister opens Thailand Kitchen of the World event

bedcb2b90fd390b1338df5b13dd1c81c0961151d.jpg

BANGKOK, 9 May 2019 (NNT) - Thailand Kitchen of the World policy is another important policy of the government which will make Thailand become the world’s food hub and food expert. The Ministry of Labor (MOL) has continually implemented the project to promote Thai cooks and standardize Thai cooks’ skills.

Labor Minister Pol. Gen. Adul Saengsingkaew said there are currently more than 20,000 Thai restaurants worldwide, while there are 168 embassies and consulates and more than 55 cruise ships that hire Thai cooks with a monthly income of 40,000-90,000 baht, generating more than two billion baht in revenue for the country per year and it is growing every year. The MOL has, therefore, cooperated with government and private agencies to accelerate the development of Thai cooks and train them to support and enhance their skills and push Thailand to become the world’s food hub.

The MOL has recently conducted the Thailand Kitchen of the World project for promoting Thai cooks at Central Westgate Shopping Center to develop skills for Thai cooks and allow them to prepare dishes that have a unique taste, maintain Thai identity and have the same standard. The popular Thai dishes are such as spicy Muslim curry, Pad Thai, Green Curry, spicy shrimp soup and papaya salad. Popular Thai desserts are mango sticky rice and water chestnut in coconut milk. The training has been attended by hundreds of participants. Restaurants, hotels and cruise ship operators also set up booths to accept applications for cook positions.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-05-09

4 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Muslim curry .! Is that spicey or shia ..

My mate Dave fell in a vat of curry once where he works .. He was in a Korma for weeks .. 

Oh, excellent comment there!

When finally he surfaced, he must have come out looking very Sunni.

• Haha 2

I am fairly sure this was one of Taksin Shinawatras initiatives about 15years ago. Could it be that the anti-Taksin Junta is now copying his policies? As the old saying goes 'copying is the highest form of flattery'. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jonclark said:

I am fairly sure this was one of Taksin Shinawatras initiatives about 15years ago. Could it be that the anti-Taksin Junta is now copying his policies? As the old saying goes 'copying is the highest form of flattery'. 

I think you could be right there, I'm sure it was.

Reminds me of another old saying about stamp collecting being a waste of time: Philately will get you nowhere.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand Kitchen of the World policy is another important policy of the government which will make Thailand become the world’s food hub and food expert.

Maybe Thailand is already the world's Thai food hub but I think the world's food hub in general terms is just a little over-ambitious!

6 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

My mate Dave fell in a vat of curry once where he works .. He was in a Korma for weeks .. 

I bet after that he didn't know whether he was cumin or goin'

7 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

I suppose he was lucky to survive because he had a strong Tikka' to start with. 

• Haha 1

Hope they don't forget to show staff, both cooks and service staff, picking their noses - so appetizing! 

I had the pleasure of that show just a few days ago down around Sala Daeng while I ate my lunch. Yummy! No tip for that waitress.