What Makes A Good Burger?

If the burger meat is too lean I add a tablespoon of vegetable oil, a teaspoon of worstrechire sauce and a well beaten egg to the patty mixture (often adding a minced clove of garlic, a minced chile some salt and pepper and a few sprinkles of japanese breadcrumbs).

I know it sounds kooky but it keeps those lean burgers from drying out and adds a little zing to them.

Gourmet additions to my sammich are some carmelized shallots, ripe roma tomatos and pinch of parboiled shredded cabbage instead of lettuce.

Sharp cheddar cheese melted on the patty is very nice too.

many years ago in Berkeley, CA there was a place offa Telegraph Avenue on Dwight Way called Bongo Burger runned by iranians...loads ob stuff on de walls that foretold ob de impending islamic republic...they used a kofta recipie; ground beef or lamb, parsley, garlic, etc...an' flattened into a burger shape, grilled an' served inna small baguette...no need fer condiments as the aromatic veges made it just right, maybe wid just a dribble ob tahina sauce...they called it the 'persian burger'. Back in dem days I was broke alla time an' dem burgers was expensive but always bought one when I was flush. Never did know it was kofta that they were usin' until many years later when I had an appreciation fer middle eastern food...

google on kofta an' you'll cum up widda million recipies...

many years ago in Berkeley, CA there was a place offa Telegraph Avenue on Dwight Way called Bongo Burger runned by iranians...loads ob stuff on de walls that foretold ob de impending islamic republic...

We were one of the first ships into Bandar Shaphur (now Bandar Khomeini) after the Ayatollah returned. All the locals wanted to know was whether we had any beer on board that they could buy :o

It sounds like you all need to take a trip up here to Chiang Mai where burgers are one of the most important issues up for debate.

Work your way through this thread to witness one of the most recent discussions.

JxP :D

That's the boondocks burger thread? :o Guess these folks don't know about the food forum?

We prefer 'exclusive' to 'boondocks'. :D

JxP