Extension of Stay, Jomtien Office, Today 10 May

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Letter to the IO from my wife, confirming my address ( her name is on all the bills).  This was drawn up by a local lawyer and notarised.  Cost was 1,000 Bhat.  It was dated today 10th May.

So you're applying for an extension based on marriage or on retirement?

Just now, ThaiBunny said:

Sorry, should have said that it was based upon retirement. I will edit the post 

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

The OP's first line/sentence should give a clue.

went for my first extension of stay, based upon retirement

Edited by Vacuum
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I was given my ticket to collect my passport on Monday, plus a sheet giving information of what was required at the first 90 day report after the extension is granted, basically, just an updated bank book showing that the 800K had remained in the account for a further 3 months. No bank letter required for that report.

Excuse me for belabouring a point but may I ask when is your 90 day reporting is actually due? I ask because previously Jomtiem were issuing a paper saying you should return after 3 months to show your money is still in the bank, not really anything to do with the 'other' 90 day address reporting. Are Jomtiem now changing their approach, trying to get these two independent items done at the same time?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Excuse me for belabouring a point but may I ask when is your 90 day reporting is actually due? I ask because previously Jomtiem were issuing a paper saying you should return after 3 months to show your money is still in the bank, not really anything to do with the 'other' 90 day address reporting. Are Jomtiem now changing their approach, trying to get these two independent items done at the same time?

It's a good and important point and it's not too clear from the leaflet. The IO told me that I must provide that evidence of 800K+ at my next 90 day report, but as we all know, the extension date and 90 day report dates are separate and do not run together.  My next 90 day report is actually due 2.5 months after the extension date, not the full 3 months. The leaflet just says that the money must remain for 3 months, but does not specify how that is to be checked. I am taking the IO advice and presenting my bank book at my next 90 day report, in 2.5 months time, but I will keep the money in the bank in any event past that reporting date, at least for the required full 3 months.  I would guess that we all now need to produce the bank book at each and every 90 day report to prove that we are following the rules. 

How this all works with online reporting I have no idea. In addition, how does this work if after an extension, you leave the Country and do not return for say 3 months, does this mean that you reset the 3 months that the money has to be in the bank, or you just have to prove that the money did indeed remain in a Thai bank for the required 3 months, even though you were out of the country over 90 days.  I take it that it is the later?    

Perhaps Ubonjoe has a view on this?  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, yodsak said:

This is what i got in march. come back in 3 mths. not related to 90 days.

did my 90 day on wed.

377952982_ScreenShot2019-03-06at11_25_57.png.5857bfc7bd67c1bb27b7d591c768356c.pngT

Yes same for me in March. Dated 3 months from application date - not renewal date and not linked at all to 90 days.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The leaflet just says that the money must remain for 3 months, but does not specify how that is to be checked.

Look at the bottom of the leaflet and you may see that it gives you date to go back and show your bank book. That is what they have given to others.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Look at the bottom of the leaflet and you may see that it gives you date to go back and show your bank book. That is what they have given to others.

Thanks, I had missed that. 

10 minutes ago, topt said:

Yes same for me in March. Dated 3 months from application date - not renewal date and not linked at all to 90 days.

For planning, which desk do you present it too, the 90 day desk?

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

For planning, which desk do you present it too, the 90 day desk?

I was told to bring it back to the extension desk who issued it.......but we will see

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kinyara said:

Did mine about 1 hour after Pilotman yesterday, I wish they would stop anyone who is not actually submitting any form of application from entering the front door. The amount of partners/families walking around like headless chickens contributing nothing to the process really clogs the place up and adds to the general chaos in there. Yesterday was the worst Id experienced in 3 years. I was expecting it to be quiet but contrary to the Thai Visa doom merchants predicting a mass exodus due to new income rules they were still queuing in their droves to stay in Thailand.

Incredibly patronising to call TVF members "doom merchants" when you have no idea of their unique circumstances. I can't belive some of the people we get on here.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gmac said:

They wouldn't need bigger premises if they would only cut out some of the needless reporting.  "90 day report", "3 month show your bank book report", "I've come back from a trip TM30 report". I'm sure there are others but these just the ones that bring me to their door far too often!  

True enough, but we seem quite lucky with the Jomtien office, others seem to have real nightmares with their local office. CM comes to mind. What with the air pollution issues and immigration problems, it makes me wonder why anyone would choose to live in CM. 

• Like 2

OP, I am still a little confused. Did they give you a separate date to come and show your bank book (on the leaflet) or the same date on the leaflet as when your next 90 day is due?

Edited by Peterw42

Interesting about the bank book update, the letter from the bank which shows your balance (800 000+) would no longer match the current balance would it ?

Just saying 'cos I have always updated just before the letter is issued - before proceeding to Jomptien, same day.

The letter at the Kbank has cost me 100 baht for 15 years now.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 11:40 PM, Pilotman said:

You must have just missed a 'relatively' quiet time, but two Russian guys tried to push into the extension desk without any forms filled in or a ticket, they were unceremoniously told to get to the front desk and get a ticket by the two lady IOs. A lot of guys seemed to need their ladies with them whenever they go near Immigration,  for support I guess, which doesn't help the capacity issue.  They need a new bigger building very soon. It must be hell to actually work there as an IO, no wonder they are sometimes crabby, I would be too. I really felt sorry for the heavily pregnant IO lady on the extension desk. 

Absolutely, that IO lady you mention was doing an excellent job on her own in difficult circumstances with other applicants butting in asking questions as she was trying to process applications. She could most definately have done with some assistance.

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

Absolutely, that IO lady you mention was doing an excellent job on her own in difficult circumstances with other applicants butting in asking questions as she was trying to process applications. She could most definately have done with some assistance.

I've seen her before, she is always smiling, or nearly so, and keeps her temper so well.  She also knows the new rules, which is a big positive for us. I wish her and her new baby well. 

• Like 1