Samsung Lcd Tv Ps42 C7s For 39900 Baht?

gettingno

I saw that Home-Pro and Lotus sell the Samsung PS42 C7S for 49900 Baht. Today I was at Globel house and saw the same TV for 39900 Baht and it didnt look like it was a demo because there were more.

I didnt had much time to ask about it and I cant read thai, the only thing I saw written in english was Grade D..............does anybody know what that mean? Could it mean its a lower quality??

I'll be honest theres not really too much difference between all the brand names, I'd stay away from cheapo chinese brands but LG, Sony, Philips, Samsung are all very good.

Most screens are made in two or three factories anyhow, this applies for LCD and Plasma.

Samsung have th ebest support out of the ither Tv manufactrers in Thailand.

That's a very interesting reply Ben. Thanks. Perhaps there is more than a little politics to the AV magazines since without stating differences there would be no reviews and thus no magazines.

I am pretty sure now I will get a 42 ED Plasma TV but I might but the 50 inch Samsung. Not 100% sure.

Isn't there a fair difference between the processing of the LG and Samsung models, the Farajouda processing of the LG gives a hel_l of a name of it. Whilst the Dnie of the Samsung has not been received so well.

In regards of support what do you mean exactly? Also how easy is it to say "this set has a problem, change to it to another one thanks" in Thailand.

Cheers again Ben

Went shopping at Carrefour yesterday and now understand the prices, they have every TV marked as ‘Pixels’ so people like me could not work out why say a 42” LCD cost 39,999 – 89,999 baht… so now it is clear 39,999 = .8 million pixels, where as the 59,999 has 1 million pixels, the expensive one has 1.1 million..

So would this be the ones in Home Pro for 250,000 baht have 2+ million pixels ?

some specs of the tv.

try to translate from german to english

screen size: 107 cm, picture format: 16:9

549 billions colors, 8192 Graustufen ??

resolution : 852 x 480

Helligkeitswert: 1.500 cd/m² ( not sure but i think this has something to do with the viewing angle (i dont have any problems seeing the screen even if i stand almost horizontal with the screen.

Dynamische Kontrasteinstellung: 10.000:1

Digitaler Bildeingang (HDMIT mit HDCP)

ZUBEHÖR accesories

Tischfuß (im Lieferumfang) a stand

Fernbedienung TM87B (im Lieferumfang) it comes with a remote.....what a surprise!!!

ABMESSUNGEN (B x H x T in cm) measurements

105,5 x 71,3 x 10,3 - 33,8 kg (ohne Tischfuß) the weight without stand

105,5 x 76,3 x 34,0 - 39,5 kg (mit Tischfuß) the weight with stand

The resolution is fine for viewing tv in thailand since they dont have TrueHd content.

If you have a ps3 you wont get the full advantage from a tv like this. You will need 1080p true hd.

But this tv still has a recent resolution.

For the price this is a bargain for a tv this size and it looks smooth in the design.

Still has a very clear picture when you plug in the right source.

I recommend it. :o

Hope its helpful information

some specs of the tv.

Helligkeitswert: 1.500 cd/m² ( not sure but i think this has something to do with the viewing angle (i dont have any problems seeing the screen even if i stand almost horizontal with the screen.

ZUBEHÖR accesories

Fernbedienung TM87B (im Lieferumfang) it comes with a remote.....what a surprise!!!

The resolution is fine for viewing tv in thailand since they dont have TrueHd content.

If you have a ps3 you wont get the full advantage from a tv like this. You will need 1080p true hd.

For the price this is a bargain for a tv this size and it looks smooth in the design.

AVR Review states that anything below 720 lines is basically rubbish as far as HD is concerned. It's just bog standard resolution > Am no expert but AVR Review is . Please read the following report from the experts

http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps/UAN/765/v/1/sp/

Just to confirm this is a standard definition TV.

In regards to 720p and 1080p there really aren't that many differences, don't get caught up in the "True HD" marketing hype, Its very difficult to distingush between 720p and 1080p till you start getting into 70"+ sizes.

Several additional things one should consider, when compairing Plasma vs. LCD are:

Lifespan (the number of viewing hours a television provides before dimming to half brightness) for Plasma is considerably less than for LCD, especially in lower priced Plasma units.

Plasma's also suffers "Burn-In" problems, wherein, if an image (news crawl, stock ticker-tape, still image, etc.) is displayed for an extended period, a ghost of that image is burned into the display. Watching standard size (4x3) TV on a widescreen (16x9) set or using the TV as a computer display, may also cause burn-in problems. LCD's do not suffer these burn-in problems.

While Plasma systems are currently less expensive than similar LCD units, production of large LCD's will double next year, when the new joint Sony-Samsung factory in Korea comes online. Prices for large LCD systems should drop dramatically.

waldwolf

Edited by waldwolf

Not so sure about those points. Samsung claims you can watch that model for 27 years at six hours a day. Are they lying? If not, thats long enough life for sure! Also, the prices for LCDs have already dropped dramatically in the US. By logic, they should have also dropped dramatically in Thailand. They haven't, so I wouldn't be so sure they are going to next year either.

Edited by Jingthing

In regards to 720p and 1080p there really aren't that many differences, don't get caught up in the "True HD" marketing hype, Its very difficult to distingush between 720p and 1080p till you start getting into 70"+ sizes.

OK ..Ignore the experts say its all hype and every single tv shop in the UK is fooling you !!

You cannot watch HD quality tv on a tv which has the same standard as what you are watching now !

If you are not interested in HD tv fair enough....there are some superb standard defintion CRT tvs of up to

32 inches for as lilttle as Baht 14000 at Big C. Why pay more ?

If you've ever watched HD tv you would never go back to the old standard. The difference is breath taking and its available in Thailand now by satellite.

OK ..Ignore the experts say its all hype and every single tv shop in the UK is fooling you !!

You cannot watch HD quality tv on a tv which has the same standard as what you are watching now !

If you are not interested in HD tv fair enough....there are some superb standard defintion CRT tvs of up to

If you've ever watched HD tv you would never go back to the old standard. The difference is breath taking and its available in Thailand now by satellite.

Yep! HD is working. And I only bought a cheap 32 inch LCD HAIER brand at Teso Lotus for Baht 19900.- At first I was sceptic but once I hooked up the Soundsystems, DVD players and all other available options it works GREAT!

I did have a problem with the Volume and Channel buttons not working. However after calling the service centre they explained me in 2 minutes how to fix that.....child lock! :o

So all in all, great LCD TV, great service! For just a fraction of the price.

P.s. The Haier logo is a sticker which is easy to remove....hahahahahaha

Well im happy that I bought this TV and go take a look at homepro and watch the tv with a right source playing. It does really have a clear and smooth picture.

If you want a 1080p then you go and spend 100.000 baht at least if that's what you want.

some specs of the tv.

ZUBEHÖR accesories

AVR Review states that anything below 720 lines is basically rubbish as far as HD is concerned. It's just bog standard resolution > Am no expert but AVR Review is . Please read the following report from the experts

http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps/UAN/765/v/1/sp/

Several additional things one should consider, when compairing Plasma vs. LCD are:

Lifespan (the number of viewing hours a television provides before dimming to half brightness) for Plasma is considerably less than for LCD, especially in lower priced Plasma units.

Plasma's also suffers "Burn-In" problems, wherein, if an image (news crawl, stock ticker-tape, still image, etc.) is displayed for an extended period, a ghost of that image is burned into the display. Watching standard size (4x3) TV on a widescreen (16x9) set or using the TV as a computer display, may also cause burn-in problems. LCD's do not suffer these burn-in problems.

While Plasma systems are currently less expensive than similar LCD units, production of large LCD's will double next year, when the new joint Sony-Samsung factory in Korea comes online. Prices for large LCD systems should drop dramatically.

waldwolf

Almost any new plasma tv sold today has antiburn which prevents burn in to the screen. something like pixelshifting which moves the pixels a tiny bit every 2 minutes or so. I did buy this tv in the believe it was a 1078x700 (cant remember the exact numbers) I called homepro and asked for the model name and they said it was samsung c7 and thats was all. I looked it up and it had this resolution, just one little thing they forgot to mention was that this tv is called samsung c7s

and it has the low resolution. They even told me at two homepro's that the tv had 1078x700 resolution. Never trust an employee from homepro. The reason why I went to two homepros was because the first homepro was really pushy and tried to sell me a LG tv with the exact same specs (which wasnt true, they both had lower reslotion) they kept telling me how rubbish the samsung was and how great the LG was. I started to think why they would even have such a TV if it was that crappy. In the end I found out that they would get a good commission if they sold the LG. I left the shop, they didnt sell a tv and went to another homepro and told them just to sell me that Samsung.

:o

Don't really understand what the rant is about, If you want I can set up a blind test to see if you can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a TV, I have installed a lot of 768, 720 and 1080 systems and even with a 1080p source (I have many) there is no perceptable difference to my eyes from 720p to 1080p until you go above 60 inches. This is all of course measured at the suggested viewing distance from the TV.

TrueHD was a phrase coined by Sony to try and distinguish the PS3 from the (at the time) 720p xbox 360, when the PS3 games came out at 1920x1080 not a single one to date looks as good as Gears of War on the xbox 360 (which is a 720p game).

I have HD-DVD and a library of HD-DVD's but if you are suggesting that someone gets a Tv that is twice the price simply to watch a Dutch/Belgium or whatever news channel then that is absurd.

Buy the SD Plasma now, Two years time when UBC do HD buy a HD TV at the same price as the SD Plasma is now, you will have two TV's for the price of buying a single HD TV now and won't have missed anything.

Don't really understand what the rant is about, If you want I can set up a blind test to see if you can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a TV, I have installed a lot of 768, 720 and 1080 systems and even with a 1080p source (I have many) there is no perceptable difference to my eyes from 720p to 1080p until you go above 60 inches. This is all of course measured at the suggested viewing distance from the TV.

TrueHD was a phrase coined by Sony to try and distinguish the PS3 from the (at the time) 720p xbox 360, when the PS3 games came out at 1920x1080 not a single one to date looks as good as Gears of War on the xbox 360 (which is a 720p game).

I have HD-DVD and a library of HD-DVD's but if you are suggesting that someone gets a Tv that is twice the price simply to watch a Dutch/Belgium or whatever news channel then that is absurd.

Buy the SD Plasma now, Two years time when UBC do HD buy a HD TV at the same price as the SD Plasma is now, you will have two TV's for the price of buying a single HD TV now and won't have missed anything.

Agree with you on all counts Ben. Unfortunately too many posts meant you missed my question of how easy it is to get a television set changed if you feel it is substandard, but anyway!

Unless you have a HD DVD player (not just an upscaling one) and the discs to go with it (and even then no one knows the future of HD DVD) then just stick with an SD one!

Jookster it is very difficult to get a set changed if you don't like it, although we have changed a set before - seems that if you buy a more expensive model than the one you already purchased you have a bit more leaway.

Are they difficult to get a set changed if there is a fault of some kind?

Thanks