Bring Money In Los!

Hi Guys!

I'm going in Thailand as a Tourist and try to find a way to bring safely about 10000$cad(canada)!

What's the best way? :o

Can I use Western Union by having somebody in Canada to transfer monthly or weekly some money?

If I use Western Union, do I need an adress in Thailand with proofs or just with a Passport it can be ok?

American Express! Is it a better choice? Can we change it easily in Thailand for money?

I wanna say that I'm trying to find a way to proove that my money come from Canada to don't see the Immigration Department suspect that I'm working illegaly in Thailand!

Also, Is there someone who knows if I can buy an Airplane ticket at Hong Kong airport to Thai Airways with cash? No credit card!

I'm gonna be at this airport for only 1:30 to wait my flight to land in Thailand!

Do I have to go out from the airport to buy a ticket? :D

Froggy

Believe you are getting married and will want that money for extension of your stay so it should be in the form of wire transfers to the new account you open here in your name or a joint account in both your names. Before you travel set up a wire transfer agreement with your bank that will allow you to phone or fax a transfer request.

I would highly advise having a ticket if you expect to board and aircraft with less than 1 1/2 hours unless you receive positive information that you can obtain ticket in transit status in CDN $ at time you arrive.

Thanks lopburi3!

For the Airplane ticket I've forgot to mentioned that I already have to my ticket to rech Thailand from Hong Kong!

The ticket I was wishing to mention was the one that Thai Airways can require to get in board because I have just a one way ticket!

So the question is if I can buy a return or onward ticket in Hong Kong Airport and pay by cash in 1:30?

For the money transfer, can I open a bank account during the time I'm on a Tourist Visa?

Wich Bank is suggested?

Thanks!

Froggy

Talk to the airline in Canada and organize that air ticket before you leave there. An hour and half is cutting it fine and what if the inbound aircraft is late? Take your fiance with you when you go bank hunting. They are not always fond of opening accounts for tourists, but you'll get an account at one of the banks. Maybe the lady or her family know a bank manager.

Also they might be more happy to open account if it a joint type with you on a tourist visa so that is an option. If you have doubts about safety the account can require both parties to sign for any withdrawals. Account will be a passbook savings type and you can obtain cards to withdraw money with at a small yearly cost.