UK PM May's party slumps to fifth place as pressure mounts for her to go

webfact

9 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I don't think that these figures represent anything, The european parliament elections have always been a low priority for the UK public, that Farage has a lot of votes boils down to the fear of brexiteers having to remain in the EU and so they come out in force, the silent majority, whether for or against, will vote when the elections for a UK parliament come around. It is rather like the French elections, two are held, the first round of votes are always protest votes so that the communists or Le Pen come out on top but the second round, which really counts, always gives the mainstream parties the winning votes.  

correct,local and EU elections and polls have always been protest votes and always will be,teddyboy and co getting all excited over a poll of 1000 folks within walking distance of a spoons is rather funny,Ukips catastrophe at the local elections was hugely significant.

8 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Not really. It would still be advisable, but a no-deal push by Farage would see parliament rejecting that, and we're back to square one. I, for one, wouldn't want the UK to leave without a clear plan to make it successful - and the government  - and Farage - is a long way from even having an embryo plan which would benefit the populace of the UK. 

Why?

Several reasons, the critical one of which is because the UK import c.80% of the goods it needs, which includes c.20% parts made elsewhere that are assembled in the UK. To think that it's a piece of cake to destroy our current trade deals in the blue-sky thinking that these can be readily replaced, is nonsensical and for all practical purposes, impossible in a short/medium timeframe of 1-3 years.

The ramifications of that bring about: stockpiling, rationing, loss of jobs, and businesses moving outside the UK. Even Dyson, who is a rabid Brexiteer, is relocating his UK business to Singapore. 

Other major disadvantages which have been aired on here many times have not been addressed by the government, albeit they've had  3 years to come up with a clear way forward. That Farage obviously wants to speed up the process and is getting leavers voters backing, is a result of government and opposition incompetence. 

Finally, it's all very well to leave but what happens then? No-one has any idea how to make it successful. No-one.

making it successful would be a piece of cake,we were told ????   luckily the govt have listened to the big employers,CBI,unions and financial experts and it would be anything but,yes they could of planned for it better in the 3 years but the facts are 80% dont want it to happen and it will be scrapped or a minimal watered down version agreed.Once this is done the electorate will not be up for another 5 years of the same.

48 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Meanwhile Alexander Boris (man of the people) de Pfefl Johnson, the front runner to replace Theresa May, has made it known that ‘he will not be bound by any customs union deal with Labour’.

In running his mouth he’s told Labour not to bother backing any deal.

Time to ditch the Brexit mess he played a part conning the nation into.

Moses received similar acclaim after humping some paving slabs down Mt Sinai quite a while ago & reading out what was on 'em ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Yes, a different animal but so is the whole British political scene right now. If the Brexit Party is successful in the EU vote and if there is a GE, then I would expect the BP to write a manifesto and party policies that will be developed and published, so that people can decide if they want to break the two-party tradition at last.

i think farage might have to get tommy and the boys onboard to help him write the manifesto.

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Moses received similar acclaim after humping some paving slabs down Mt Sinai quite a while ago & reading out what was on 'em ????

That was before humping pacing paving slabs was considered a somewhat sexual deviancy though, was it not ? ????

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, bomber said:

i think farage might have to get tommy and the boys onboard to help him write the manifesto.

- Kipling-esque 'Tommies' are already on board.

- You won't find that word in his repertoire.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I think you need to catch up a bit.

UKIP are dead and buried,tommy will try and worm his way into the brexit party in some capacity,he's a true bulldog patriotic englishman who wants the best for his fellow englishmen and our nige is the guvnor,surely you agree

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bomber said:

UKIP are dead and buried,tommy will try and worm his way into the brexit party in some capacity,he's a true bulldog patriotic englishman who wants the best for his fellow englishmen and our nige is the guvnor,surely you agree

I think you need to catch up a lot.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bomber said:

I know it's MAY but...

Image result for trout may fly

We're (still) not biting ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Tommy is with UKIP. And most likely the reason why no one is voting for them emoji2.png

Batten & Co shouldn't be underestimated, not least because both groups are pulling in the same direction and a coalition of sorts must be a consideration for whatever the future holds in a reformed Parliament.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That would still lead to a Labour government although it would need to form a coalition with other Remain parties. The Tories would be finished emoji1.png

Firstly Labour is not a remain party...

Secondly would Labour be the largest party?

49 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Tommy is with UKIP. And most likely the reason why no one is voting for them emoji2.png

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TR is an independent (one man band) fighting for a seat in the North West, he will need nearly 12.5% of the votes in the region to get elected. :whistling:

He has just wasted £5K ????

• Like 1

Farage is mouthing off that a good / significant result in the EU elections and the government must give him a seat at the negotiating table.

His usual arrogant rubbish! 

He and any of his cronies that are elected must attend the EUP and carry out their duties. He has no representation in the UK parliament, regardless of how his party does in the EU elections, and is no more entitled than any other citizen.

His contempt and / or ignorance of UK constitutional law, parliamentary process and procedure is worse than May's.

He's what used to be called a "spiv or cowboy" in the UK. Someone who does a shoddy job and makes things up as they go along!
Honestly thought that you were having a good old rant of our infamous ex pm..the imo..sociopath and war criminal..a.c.l.blair no less [emoji6][emoji2][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Firstly Labour is not a remain party...
Secondly would Labour be the largest party?

I'm pretty sure Labour will campaign as a Remain or Confirmatory vote party (as per their Conference resolution) at the next election (assuming we're still in the EU!).

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm pretty sure Labour will campaign as a Remain or Confirmatory vote party (as per their Conference resolution) at the next election (assuming we're still in the EU!).

Labour is on the fence, it is trying to work with the Tories to get May's deal through (or that's what they say they are doing), then the say they want a second referendum, or maybe or not, depending to who you listen to.

• Like 1

Barry Gardiner says Labour are leavers, Tom Watson says they are a remain party, it's no wonder Labour voters are confused.
Indeed, it's a mess. But when a General Election is called they will have to have something in the manifesto and it's likely to match their Conference decision.

26 minutes ago, vogie said:

Barry Gardiner says Labour are leavers, Tom Watson says they are a remain party, it's no wonder Labour voters are confused.

They also have more fences than Aintree. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Indeed, it's a mess. But when a General Election is called they will have to have something in the manifesto and it's likely to match their Conference decision.

FineZigzagDrongo-small.gif.7c8c4c98697a72940f398f44943c0d51.gif

By then they would have made most under 21's unemployable by guaranteeing them £10 an hour.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Basil B said:

So... what?

Remember there are more Remainer MP's who could complain about the BBC and other media sources being biased by publishing brexiteers lies...  

None are in his league ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

Batten & Co shouldn't be underestimated, not least because both groups are pulling in the same direction and a coalition of sorts must be a consideration for whatever the future holds in a reformed Parliament.

just like i stated,iam pleased you brexiteers agree with me