I've been a wally and got my dates mixed up causing me to overstay 1 day. I should have left yesterday (May 14). Can I do a border run to Mae Sai and pay the fine there or do I need to fly out and pay the fine at the airport?

Cheers

Yes you could go to Mae Sai, as long as you qualify for visa exempt entry or have a ME visa.

You could get an extension of stay from immigration if you qualify for one and pay the overstay fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Yes you could go to Mae Sai, as long as you qualify for visa exempt entry or have a ME visa.

You could get an extension of stay from immigration if you qualify for one and pay the overstay fine.

I would ideally like to get an extension of stay but I made another mistake by forgetting to get my TM30 taken care of when I entered Thailand - d'oh!

I don't mind paying the 1,600 baht fee but my condo has a policy of fining its residents an additional 10,000 baht if you make this mistake (I know...). Is there a way I can pay immigration without the condo manager finding out? ^^

4 hours ago, Chesterpot said:

my condo has a policy of fining its residents an additional 10,000 baht if you make this mistake 

Learn something new every day.

Your condo gets involved in your immigration status beyond just reporting your TM30?

17 hours ago, Chesterpot said:

I would ideally like to get an extension of stay but I made another mistake by forgetting to get my TM30 taken care of when I entered Thailand - d'oh!

I don't mind paying the 1,600 baht fee but my condo has a policy of fining its residents an additional 10,000 baht if you make this mistake (I know...). Is there a way I can pay immigration without the condo manager finding out? ^^

Excuse me? What on earth does your condo management have to do with an Immigration issue? 10,000 baht has scam written all over it. So what is your condo manager going to do if you tell him/her to get stuffed?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Excuse me? What on earth does your condo management have to do with an Immigration issue? 10,000 baht has scam written all over it. So what is your condo manager going to do if you tell him/her to get stuffed?

10K is the amount hotels/guesthouses get fined for not reporting guests. That’s probably where the number comes from.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is the maximum fine with a minimum fine of 2000 baht.

Fair enough then. For some reason I believed it was a straight 1,600 baht fine.

Reporting back, I went to Mae Sai and all was well. Immigration were very friendly and didn't think it was a big deal.

Edited by Chesterpot

3 hours ago, Chesterpot said:

Fair enough then. For some reason I believed it was a straight 1,600 baht fine.

For an individual the max fine is 2000 baht. It can be a fine from 800 to 1600 baht dependent upon the office you go to to.