IBC water tank fittings and coflex water hoses.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:43 AM, farmerjo said:

Doubt you will find any fitting for the ibc.

I usually just heat up that 2" flexible you show and mould over the ibc valve.

Most ag shops have the flexible hose.

I did not find the good quality flexible hoses, just lookalike types. Heave also, and not useful at all. 

Anyway thanks for your solution by heat and mould. 

Farmer jo is right finding a coupling from these plastic tanks will not be easy, the thread is very course I asked in my local shop he said you will be lucky, these tanks are imported from Japan, he said if you carefully grind down the threads, he said by 50 %? by using a lot of PTF tape you might get a 2inch blue PVC coupling on, different threads it might go on, I have my doubts.

He then said what FJ said to heat the pipe up push it on, and use a jubilee clip.

As for the flexible hose, I have a length of 4 inches we use on the irrigation pump brought it 12 years ago still ok, same with a length of 2 inch we use on the garden sprinkler system, brought 7-8 years ago that is still ok.

Try ร้านกานเกรษ Ran-Garn-Gaset in Thai, agriculture shop, they will have the pipe, I have two in our area, one the end of our Soi,it will do the job .

RIMG1088.JPG

• Like 1

I have got 3 different treads now from fine to the more course in the picture in the post above. So far it have worked out well with normal fittings with fine treads, and silicon. We will see how it goes in the future. 

695AC52D-597B-467B-8D29-C2D5E9B38FF1.jpeg

• Like 2