Surin Immigration

taichiplanet

just a reminder for anyone doing renewals at Surin Kap Choeng Immigration to make sure you get your Fixed (Term Deposit) Account book updated. A couple of people were caught out and had to go to Prasat to update it. You would logically think that you cannot do an update until the finish date of the fixed deposit, which is correct, but by opening a new deposit into the current fixed account book it then updates the balance for the whole book. Of course, make sure the total amount is the same in the bank letter. It is worthwhile checking the details of the bank letter, as 2 times i have found that the account number has not been typed incorrectly (one number short).

As usual, everyone was very friendly there (except one guy bordering on antagonistic, which my gf said he was probably having his period!). The head officer explained that they are now being very careful with documents as HQ is checking everything; basically they are running scared.

BTW the road through Kap Choeng is being upgraded, besides being muddy the road sign for immi has been removed so i overshot it.

Edited by taichiplanet
  • Like 2

Yes, I overshot it as well. The IO's at Kap Choeng are generally very friendly and helpful. I do my extensions with a German embassy letter, the process takes all of 15 minutes. Can't say I saw any problems with the road, I go on the country roads, not the main road from Prasat.

Edited by soalbundy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Bangkok Bank does an update anytime even without any transactions at the counter (same amount, date as of today).

For other banks you would have to deposit a small amount to the account to get an update.

Can you ADD a small deposit to a FIXED Deposit Account?

Edited by wgdanson
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

one guy bordering on antagonistic

I know who you are talking about. This guy is a bit hot and cold. 

If you take a cute thai lady friend his mood changes. Im not kidding. 1st time I went alone to that office and he was unfriendly. 2nd time I took a cute teacher friend. He was so different after that. 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...