Visa extension 21 May

long term extension (income method) at CM immigration 21 May - 1st visit to renovated immigration, arrived 8:30AM went into wrong bldg, waited in line 10 minutes and was advised that I was in the wrong bldg.  Went next door, waited in the info line for 5 minutes.  They checked my paperwork and didn't like the bank statement.  Bank dated it 16 May and advised me that the document was good for 7 days.  The info aide gave the bank statements (2) to the official there who then took the docs to the official handling retirement visa extensions.  He okayed the docs but noticed that they differed in the dates but I had receipts dated for the same day so they said they would accept it today only.  He then gave me queue#7.  My wife had gone to Big C MaeHia to update the bank book and I figured at almost 9:00 with ticket 7 there should be no problem.  As I sat down to wait I heard them announce Retirement ticket #6 so called the wife and told her she should probably hurry if possible.  5 minutes later they called my number.  I went to the official, he looked at the docs and made some changes to the TM7 (taking the picture off and putting it on another copy of page 2)  I then was asked to fill in that page 2 and sign it.  Then he checked the bank statement (actually a copy of the last 6 months of deposits with banking info indicating it was foreign transfer.  He highlighted those, got out the calculator and summed up the figures.  He then asked about the bank book.  I explained that since it had to be updated TODAY, my wife was running that errand while I filed the paperwork.  He said oh, okay 1900 baht please, took it and finished filling in all the info, stamps etc in the passport.  He said to sit and wait for my wife and then bring the updated bankbook to him.  10 minutes later the wife arrived, I gave the bankbook to the official and he made copies of same and then gave it back to me and said wait for the boss's signature.  10 minutes later we were out of there.  Less than half an hour with all the wait.

A pleasant experience  (I have been retired here 14 years doing these extensions).  All in all it was better than paying $50.00 for the embassy letter.  Now that I am sure what is necessary here in Chiang Mai, I will definitely be more relaxed next year.

I will be going to CM immigration for the first time since it was re built near the airport. I notice you went to the wrong building initially. Could you please give me a clue which is the correct building for retirement extension, please.