Change of Reason for EOS back to work?

I will need to renew my extension of stay at the beginning of September 2019, as some members will perhaps recall, my last extension of stay was based on looking after my youngest son, who was tragically killed in a motorbike accident just about the same time that the 30 days evaluation period was up. 

For the 15 years prior to this the EOS was based on work, the original entry was on a SE Non B visa, those stamps are in the passport, as they carry them on to each new passport.

The reason for the change in the reason for the EOS was that it came whilst in between jobs, so my previous employer cancelled the EOS at CW immigration with a 7 day grace period based on the actual end of employment date, on the 7th day I applied to extend based on my son at Jomtien, during the period of cancelling the EOS based on work and applying in Jomtien I found new employment, however the EOS based on this was not an option at that time due to the WP issuing period etc.

One of the staff have jut been to Sriracha IO to ask if I can change the reason for the EOS to based on work in September 2019, they are saying no, it is not possible as it is a non O now??

I was under the impression that it was possible to change the reason for the EOS back to work?

One thing to note is that the WP is under IEAT and therefore 2 year validity, so the EOS would be mid way through, rather than the norm of getting a 2 year EOS based on the WP validity.

Sriracha say that I must extend using my eldest son, who is now over 20 years old, he is still in full time education though (Uni).

If I cannot extend due to work, then am I able to extend for the remaining son even though he is over 20?

There is nothing in the police order stating any age limit for a parent to apply for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai. Some offices though incorrectly state it is the age of 20.

I assume the immigration is aware you son is over 20.

There is no reason you cannot apply for an extension of stay based upon working with a non-o visa entry.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no reason you cannot apply for an extension of stay based upon working with a non-o visa entry.

Thanks Joe, this is what I am telling the staff here, for some reason they get fixated on non b and no other can for work!

Not sure if it is allowed halfway through the WP though, as this is not normal.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually you are still on an non-b visa entry from many years ago. Changing to the extension based upon being the parent to a Thai did not change that.

Yes, this is exactly what I keep telling both immigration and my staff, I will keep pushing this.

OK, two further visits to immigration, Jomtien and Sriracha and both are insisting that it is impossible to make the extension of stay based on work anymore, they say the only two options are extend for my eldest son, or leave the country and return with a non-b visa, madness...........

It is something to do with the writing on the last EOS in Thai, which seems to be why they insist on this, their claim is since my last employer cancelled the EOS based on work and it was changed to taking care of my son, this negates ever going back to an EOS based on work unless I go out and get a non-b visa, no other non imm visa class will be accepted.

Has anybody got a link to any evidence that this is not needed, i.e. a police order or similar?

20190522_134321.jpg

20190522_134110.jpg