May 24, 20197 yr Does anyone know if Thailand has certain brands of gasohol which have more detergent than others? In the U.S. brands like Exxon or Shell have "top-tier" gasoline with extra detergent to remove carbon build up. I think Esson has something like this in Thailand, but does anyone know the best stations to go to?
May 24, 20197 yr call siam international freight lines. I shipped 7 costco totes and a bike from the west coast of the usa delivered to my door in thailand for like $500 Edited May 24, 20197 yr by samuttodd
May 25, 20197 yr 10 hours ago, SanookTeufel said: I think Esson has something like this in Thailand, but does anyone know the best stations to go to? I think you mean Esso garages and all main Thai garages have a range of fuels to suit vehicle makes engine design. PTT, Bangchak, Esso, Shell, Chevron petrol stations all claim to have fuels with additives already for modern day engines.
May 25, 20197 yr I use only 'benzine' in my car. Yes, most expensive but no trouble with fuel line gunk when sitting for a month, as it often does. My experience with alcohol in fuel is not positive as the fuel lines get gunked up and i then need a mechanic to flush them out. Very costly.
May 26, 20197 yr Author 20 hours ago, Kwasaki said: I think you mean Esso garages and all main Thai garages have a range of fuels to suit vehicle makes engine design. PTT, Bangchak, Esso, Shell, Chevron petrol stations all claim to have fuels with additives already for modern day engines. Great answer, thank you.
May 26, 20197 yr Author 15 hours ago, chingmai331 said: I use only 'benzine' in my car. Yes, most expensive but no trouble with fuel line gunk when sitting for a month, as it often does. My experience with alcohol in fuel is not positive as the fuel lines get gunked up and i then need a mechanic to flush them out. Very costly. So your using straight (no ethanol) benzine or is it available with lead for anti-knock protection?
May 26, 20197 yr So your using straight (no ethanol) benzine or is it available with lead for anti-knock protection? Lead was used to protect valves and valve seats not as an anti-knock....the RON or octane rating 91, 95 etc tells you if its suitable for your engine....too low octane can result in pre detonation or "knock"
May 26, 20197 yr 20 hours ago, chingmai331 said: I use only 'benzine' in my car. Yes, most expensive but no trouble with fuel line gunk when sitting for a month, as it often does. My experience with alcohol in fuel is not positive as the fuel lines get gunked up and i then need a mechanic to flush them out. Very costly. Find that strange must be an old car, I have left a car for 3 months using E20 in it, only had to check battery and it fired up straight away.
May 26, 20197 yr 3 hours ago, johng said: Lead was used to protect valves and valve seats not as an anti-knock....the RON or octane rating 91, 95 etc tells you if its suitable for your engine....too low octane can result in pre detonation or "knock" With respect I was taught that lead added to petrol was also added to stop "knock" by raising the octane value.
May 26, 20197 yr Here in Thailand Shell is selling "V-Power" and Esso is selling "Supreme+", but this kind of fuel is just a waste of money
May 26, 20197 yr With respect I was taught that lead added to petrol was also added to stop "knock" by raising the octane value.With respect,after further reading I believe you are correct lead was added to increase the octane rating and thus stop "knock" [emoji106] (it also protected the valves and seats )
May 26, 20197 yr 1 hour ago, johng said: With respect,after further reading I believe you are correct lead was added to increase the octane rating and thus stop "knock" (it also protected the valves and seats ) Yeah you are correct about that I should of confirm you were right about that in my post apologizes. ???? Edited May 26, 20197 yr by Kwasaki
Create an account or sign in to comment