Gasoline additives in Thailand

Does anyone know if Thailand has certain brands of gasohol which have more detergent than others?

In the U.S. brands like Exxon or Shell have "top-tier" gasoline with extra detergent to remove carbon build up.

I think Esson has something like this in Thailand, but does anyone know the best stations to go to?

10 hours ago, SanookTeufel said:

I think Esson has something like this in Thailand, but does anyone know the best stations to go to?

I think you mean Esso garages and all main Thai garages have a range of fuels to suit vehicle makes engine design.

PTT, Bangchak, Esso, Shell, Chevron petrol stations all claim to have fuels with additives already for modern day engines.

I use only 'benzine' in my car.  Yes, most expensive but no trouble with fuel line gunk when sitting for a month, as it often does.

My experience with alcohol in fuel is not positive as the fuel lines get gunked up and i then need a mechanic to flush them out.  Very costly.

20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I think you mean Esso garages and all main Thai garages have a range of fuels to suit vehicle makes engine design.

PTT, Bangchak, Esso, Shell, Chevron petrol stations all claim to have fuels with additives already for modern day engines.

Great answer, thank you.

15 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

I use only 'benzine' in my car.  Yes, most expensive but no trouble with fuel line gunk when sitting for a month, as it often does.

My experience with alcohol in fuel is not positive as the fuel lines get gunked up and i then need a mechanic to flush them out.  Very costly.

So your using straight (no ethanol) benzine or is it available with lead for anti-knock protection?

So your using straight (no ethanol) benzine or is it available with lead for anti-knock protection?

Lead was used to protect valves and valve seats not as an anti-knock....the RON or octane rating 91, 95 etc tells you if its suitable for your engine....too low octane can result in pre detonation or "knock"

20 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

Find that strange must be an old car, I have left a car for 3 months using E20 in it, only had to check battery and it fired up straight away. 

3 hours ago, johng said:

Lead was used to protect valves and valve seats not as an anti-knock....the RON or octane rating 91, 95 etc tells you if its suitable for your engine....too low octane can result in pre detonation or "knock"

With respect I was taught that lead added to petrol was also added to stop "knock" by raising the octane value.

With respect I was taught that lead added to petrol was also added to stop "knock" by raising the octane value.

With respect,after further reading I believe you are correct lead was added to increase the octane rating and thus stop "knock" [emoji106]

(it also protected the valves and seats )

1 hour ago, johng said:

With respect,after further reading I believe you are correct lead was added to increase the octane rating and thus stop "knock" emoji106.png

(it also protected the valves and seats )

Yeah you are correct about that I should of confirm you were right about that in my post apologizes. ????

Archived