House first meeting marred by protests and boos

rooster59

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The people are making their displeasure known. The junta, the army and Prayuth are universally despised within Thailand. Especially, by the youth. They have done nothing for this nation, or it's people, in the past five years. 

"Universally despised within Thailand"

Sure, got quite a lot of votes though.

"They have done nothing for this nation, or it's people, in the past five years."

Selective memory? They have paid the famers who were not paid for over a year and some committed suicide caused by the previous government.

4 hours ago, Lenny Jones said:

The generals may have won the battle but, certainly, not the war - - - - - The most successful warfare in history in guerrilla warfare - where invisible soldiers hide among the people.

That is the "Pro-democracy" idea? When you don't get your way, you will riot again.

5 hours ago, Eligius said:

While I have immense sympathy with what you write, Spidermike007, the sad truth is that the sense of contempt you express is NOT 'universal' within Thailand: there are STILL quite a number of reactionary and fascist Thais who revel in what the powers you mention (and others) are doing and what they represent. I am surrounded by many of these dinosaurs at my work.

The saddest thing is that it is NOT the well qualified, 'educated' Thais who are generally standing up and fighting against rabid nationalism, faux-militarism and authoritarianism: the best educated, with Master's Degrees and Ph.D.s, are OFTEN the most disgraceful, unprincipled and gutless supporters of the Establishment. It is left to the poor and (as yet) unqualified students to voice their sense of injustice.

Why do the truly 'qualified' Ph.D.s and the like not protest, rise up and rebel?

Because they have printed in the very DNA of their selfishly 'educated' being: 'I'm all right, Jack. Kick the ladder away - and don't let other, rival, people climb up to the benefits I enjoy.'

It is galling to witness. The fascists (of whom there are still many in Thailand) have not left Thailand yet - not by a long way ...

You have a pretty foul mouth about people who you don't agree with. Should look in the mirror a bit more.

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

You have a pretty foul mouth about people who you don't agree with. Should look in the mirror a bit more.

The same could be said from the junta. And in this case it is way worse. Not sure how it is still possible that there are people still gullible enough to support this criminal Bunch  !

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

"Universally despised within Thailand"

Sure, got quite a lot of votes though.

"They have done nothing for this nation, or it's people, in the past five years."

Selective memory? They have paid the famers who were not paid for over a year and some committed suicide caused by the previous government.

Yea, they also murdered their own citizens for having opposing views. Sure, they're lovely. 

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

House first meeting marred by protests and boos

Expect the rest of Parliamentary sessions to be marred by protests and boos and lots of walk-outs, filibusters and angry exchanges. The government don’t command a majority in the lower house and just the ingredients for a shaky government. Expect an early election. 

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

You have a pretty foul mouth about people who you on't agree with. Should look in the mirror a bit more.

I'd take a look at myself if I were you.   Anyone that thinks Thailand just got a new government is sadly under-educated.   We got a "new" government in America a couple of years ago but the old guard is still at work busily trying to overthrow the vote of the people two years on.   (Please, those of you who don't know what you're talking about, shut up about the vote count.  The Electoral College did it's job and Trump is in fact the actually duly elected President).  My wife, a college graduate didn't even bother to vote.  Why?  Because she realizes the futility of going against the powers that be in Thailand.  I doubt in my time or hers anything will change here.  She was a part of the students uprising many years ago......nothing has changed, probably nothing will.   I wish I were as stone-willed as she is.  Just put it up on a shelf and forget about it!  Can't do it myself and suffer the intestinal unrest from it constantly.  Good Luck Thailand, you will need it.

4 hours ago, TGIR said:

We got a "new" government in America a couple of years ago but the old guard is still at work busily trying to overthrow the vote of the people two years on.

Trump is also part of the old guard.  That's why his themes are all about going backward.  Back to mining more coal, back to clotheshanger abortions, back to legalalized descrimination, back to the greatness of a gilded age when blue collar workers worshiped the investor class.  If Trump's ideas seem fresh and new to you then you're just as old guard as he is.

6 hours ago, TGIR said:

I'd take a look at myself if I were you.   Anyone that thinks Thailand just got a new government is sadly under-educated.   We got a "new" government in America a couple of years ago but the old guard is still at work busily trying to overthrow the vote of the people two years on.   (Please, those of you who don't know what you're talking about, shut up about the vote count.  The Electoral College did it's job and Trump is in fact the actually duly elected President).  My wife, a college graduate didn't even bother to vote.  Why?  Because she realizes the futility of going against the powers that be in Thailand.  I doubt in my time or hers anything will change here.  She was a part of the students uprising many years ago......nothing has changed, probably nothing will.   I wish I were as stone-willed as she is.  Just put it up on a shelf and forget about it!  Can't do it myself and suffer the intestinal unrest from it constantly.  Good Luck Thailand, you will need it.

You voted for a racist, women grab them by the pussy, not paying people for there work guy. Get a grip

18 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

No police force, what are you on about?

Thailand has a mafia of men-in-brown who studiously ignore their motto of 'To Serve and Protect' and the law in favour of self-interest/self-enrichment - check out Pattaya taximeters.  That's not a police force in my opinion.

Rather than being "marred" by protests and boos, I would say that it showed a healthy opposition to the previous "rubber stamp" military junta government! Obviously the writer has never watched the UK House of Commons debates or PMs Questions. I think that there will be some lively debates ahead :-)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

20 hours ago, cmsally said:

Chiang Mai constituency 8 had a new by-election yesterday. From what I heard many were voting for Future Forward.

Future Forward won contituency 8. Pheua Thai was not allowed to field another candidate and original one was disqualified.

Future Forward won contituency 8. Pheua Thai was not allowed to field another candidate and original one was disqualified.
Good, the original winner got disqualified under dubious circumstances, good to see the seat went to ffp.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Good, the original winner got disqualified under dubious circumstances, good to see the seat went to ffp.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Weren't the dubious circumstances , a clock and a couple of thousand baht given to the local temple ?!

Without PT representation the junta parties seem to have acquired a couple of party list seats .

Just now, cmsally said:

Weren't the dubious circumstances , a clock and a couple of thousand baht given to the local temple ?!

Without PT representation the junta parties seem to have acquired a couple of party list seats .

Yes that was the reason. The party list seat counting is dishonest to the extreme. It boggles the mind how PTP gained zero party list seats (in the 114 constituencies it didn't win). Not mathematically possible. 

This is how it is, will it change if at all?

The rest of the world, to a greater extent, is no longer in the dark ages where people are indoctrinated by certain over powering ideals. Move on, give the majority the chance for democracy.

Archived