Pro-Europe vote fragments but limits nationalist gains in EU election

webfact

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Haha, of course the usual suspects would show up who some days ago told us this would be a proxy for a second referendum with their messiah Nigel Farage winning it, and now as he’s also failing to deliver a majority for leave it’s just “EU elections”. You can’t make this stuff up. 

Agreed and already they are in denial as we can read.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do opologise...................I didnt realise that Le Pen , Salvini and Orban participated in the U.K E.U elections , I must pay more attention to the UK EU elections in future

It would be enough to pay more attention to what you are replying to. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

I disagree. I did erroneously miss out ChangeUK and SNP and the figures are indeed closer if you include those.

However, it is impossible to say that everyone who votes Green wants Brexit since they are primarily a party focused on the environment, the European issue is a side show for them even though their policy would be to Remain. Similarly, over 20% voted Conservative or Labour and we don't know if they are Remain or Leave. Are they the Rees-Mogg types or Yvette Cooper types? It's an unknown, although we do know that the vast majority of Conservative members are Leavers. Similarly, around 75% of constituencies that were won by the Conservatives in the 2017 general election voted to Leave, while around 61% of Labour constituencies voted to Leave.

It is also abundantly clear that everyone who votes UKIP and Brexit want Brexit. If everyone had changed their minds as Remainers suggest, you wouldn't get over 35% voting for these two.

So nothing suggests a major swing to Remain. With a Leaver almost certain to be the next PM it looks like Democracy will prevail and Brexit will happen this year as per the 2016 referendum win for Leave. Your only chance is a General Election, which given The Brexit Party results at 31.7% compared to the next highest the LibDems at 18.6%, probably wouldn't end for Remainers. 

One issue your analysis ignores, though, is the question of turnout. Much lower for this election than for UK parliamentary elections. 

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do opologise...................I didnt realise that Le Pen , Salvini and Orban participated in the U.K E.U elections , I must pay more attention to the UK EU elections in future

You don't have to apologize, OP was about all EU. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Has he ever been anything but confused? Just check his reactions

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I find many of the Brexit posts, while replete with emotion confusing.

The constant repeats of statement proven many times to be falsehoods and the lack of understanding of the relationship of the UK with the EU, or indeed of UK Parliamentary democracy and how it operates.

So yes, I find many  Brexiteer posts utterly confusing, often laughably so.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2