UK ever more polarised as Brexit Party storms to EU vote win

webfact

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

yes,they are not laffing now are they,malagateddy is predicting 50 within 3 months of a crash out....i would give him odds of 100-1 for that happening.

50 pound to the baht ?

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, bomber said:

yes,they are not laffing now are they,malagateddy is predicting 50 within 3 months of a crash out....i would give him odds of 100-1 for that happening.

I would punt 100 Baht on that....... I imagine Teddy and a few others would jump on board as well......... if you had the balls to back it up.

1 hour ago, bomber said:

your not exactly top heavy with data yourself,as for fuel iam aware its not quite at an all time high but lets say the oil price stays the same a crash out brexit would almost certainly see the pound drop 5-10% and thats would be enough to see all time highs,a rise as like before to $130 a barrell would see £1.55+ at the pumps,far too many do not get it that the UK is donald ducked with a worthless currency,the Turks upset Trump his retaliation was to trash the TL,he did it and send the country into a recession,FA the turks could do,waving flags and singing patriotic songs wont rectify anything.

I try and back up my comments with a little data, unlike yourself who just shoots from the hip.

A barrel costing $130 will affect the price at the pump much more than a supposed drop of 5-10% in currency value.

And what the hell has Turkey got to do with Brexit....You're stark raving...

Worthless currency ? The pound is one of the strongest currencies in the world, ranked at #5 out of 185.

https://www.bookmyforex.com/blog/worlds-top-20-currencies-2018/

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

I would punt 100 Baht on that....... I imagine Teddy and a few others would jump on board as well......... if you had the balls to back it up.

you would get 500/1 at corals,i short changed myself,btw the quid has dropped down another chuck in the last 2 hours,trumps arriving and bulling BJ up,teddy boy boys wallet will be taking another pounding ???? £15k out of pocket and counting ???????????????? 

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Not even mildly amusing.......you keep your eye on your beloved Euro Tebee.... over time, you have more to worry about.

euro kicks the pound to death,we missed our chance to be europes elite 19 years ago,some expats are £100-150k out of pocket due to not joining the euro and counting,never mind the germans/french will gobble up even more UK companies as they are so cheap and take the profits back to the EU,win win win for them,again i tell you Britain will never be great again with a worthless currency,the damage already done is huge,it cannot afford for it to carry on too much longer,just read/listen to business talk its all overseas companies looking to buy UK companies/businesses,if they were 20-30% more expensive they would be thinking twice,you my friend do not understand the financial world and are only hoping everything will turn out fine because you have been brainwashed by BJ,fartage and JRM

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

I try and back up my comments with a little data, unlike yourself who just shoots from the hip.

A barrel costing $130 will affect the price at the pump much more than a supposed drop of 5-10% in currency value.

Worthless currency ? The pound is one of the strongest currencies in the world, ranked at #5 out of 185.

Oil IS PRICED IN DOLLARS THE POUND IS 10-15% DOWN,are you stark raving ????,i stated if the oil price stayed at the present price,in 2 weeks time todays drop in sterling combined with the last 2 weeks falls will add to the price at the pumps albeit only 1-2p a litre but its still an increase,trump clobbered turkey same same the EU and the markets can clobber the UK,they have already as the pounds decline proves or do you still believe its just another one of those coincidences,keep your stiff upper lift it will be an easy target for folks bigger and stronger than you. 5th my backside 

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

got to 15th and saw the Libyan dollar and nearly fell of my chair,its a failed state in a cival war,btw its also a year old and the pound has lost nearly 10% since then,not sure who the kcuf bookmy foreskin.com are or where they gather their info from but the fact the thai baht isnt in the top 20 shows what an absolute pile of pap you have unearthed.you are clutching at straws as you leave voters are these days,btw how are you enjoying 39bt to the quid in thailand,the lowest since 1986 ????  are you prepared for 33-35 ???? i

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

i would for sure,easy money,for starters brexit isnt going to happen so you lose,50 will then have a chance,but you would need brexit to happen,IT WONT,i win ????

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

The financial markets dont like uncertainty and the uncertainty has caused the Pound to fall , had we already been out of the E.U for three years , like we voted for , the Pound be probably around the 60 mark now

Ah, that's why it has been on a slide ever since WWII.

4 hours ago, bomber said:

Oil IS PRICED IN DOLLARS THE POUND IS 10-15% DOWN,are you stark raving ????,i stated if the oil price stayed at the present price,in 2 weeks time todays drop in sterling combined with the last 2 weeks falls will add to the price at the pumps albeit only 1-2p a litre but its still an increase,trump clobbered turkey same same the EU and the markets can clobber the UK,they have already as the pounds decline proves or do you still believe its just another one of those coincidences,keep your stiff upper lift it will be an easy target for folks bigger and stronger than you. 5th my backside 

Read up matey

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/articles/fuelpricesexplainedabreakdownofthecostofpetrolanddiesel/2016-01-22

That reminds me I bet 1000 baht we wouldn't be out of the EU by the end of May - which Brexiteer took me on on this and how can they now pay me my winnings? 

Happy to take bets on the pound as well for any of these 50baht to the pound fools. 

#winning - pound reaching a new low today 

1 Pound sterling equals
39.75 Thai Baht
1 Jun, 08:24 UTC · Disclaimer

5 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

oil is priced in dollars if the pound drops the UK pays more,end of story,taxes,duty etc are the bulk of the cost and heavily out weight the minor currency fluctuations,but to deny this just shows you for what you are,anyway how are you enjoying 39bt to your mighty quid these days

8 hours ago, wilcopops said:

yes but they wont run and will "fight them on the beaches" ????

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

Ah, that's why it has been on a slide ever since WWII.

No, the Pound hasnt been on the slide since 1945 , that is a spoony bomber "fact" .

The Pound has risen and fallen in the last 70 years

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

No, the Pound hasnt been on the slide since 1945 , that is a spoony bomber "fact" .

spoons is for brexiteers and my nearest is 6 miles away, THANK GOD

Posted April 10 · Report reply

On 4/10/2019 at 10:04 AM, malagateddy said:

Please word exactly your bet before I ask the mod dsd if he will accomodate us

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That the UK will not have left the EU by the end of May 2019. ????

Found it malagateddy was the one to take the bet now how can you get the 1000 baht winnings to me ?

13 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I was just using those foodstuffs as an example because I said..."For Example"

It would apply to all tarrif'd food coming into the UK from outside the EU

And don't ever trivialise shrimps, they don't trivalise you!

Again like most of what you say, you no data to back up your "facts"

Fuel is made up of many components and the pricing is determined by politics, demand and production capacity amongst other things. A liter in 2012 was £1.41 at the pump - much more expensive than it is now.

https://www.racfoundation.org/data/uk-pump-prices-over-time

Again like most of what you say, you no data to back up your "facts"

so are you still denying something priced at $80.00 and and ex rate of £1.00=$1.33 costs the same as £1.00=$1.26 jesus christ man you are unbelievable.

Good with 0% WTO tariffs we will be able to buy cheaper fish from abroad and screw the British fishermen.....doh ! Oh and the farmers will be screwed and the pound shops may become the 80p shops  - it's all good. Bring on a Hard Brexit I say. Plus with the pound shredded more Brits will stay at home and spend their pounds here helping the British economy - Blackpool will do well. And it should help to stop capital leaving the country to help pay for Isaan development. Plus JRM and his other hedgie friends (first having got their money out - clever fellows - hat doffed to them) will be ever richer and we can bow ever lower to our lord and masters from our 'sovereign' nation-state. 

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Good with 0% WTO tariffs we will be able to buy cheaper fish from abroad and screw the British fishermen.....doh ! Oh and the farmers will be screwed and the pound shops may become the 80p shops  - it's all good. Bring on a Hard Brexit I say. Plus with the pound shredded more Brits will stay at home and spend their pounds here helping the British economy - Blackpool will do well. And it should help to stop capital leaving the country to help pay for Isaan development. Plus JRM and his other hedgie friends (first having got their money out - clever fellows - hat doffed to them) will be ever richer and we can bow ever lower to our lord and masters from our 'sovereign' nation-state. 

Yes Yes, bring it on. Your post sounds as contorted as your profile photo. It's not all about the pound as you harp on about.

Nonetheless, a weak pound does not seem to have done the UK any great harm over the past three years. It will no doubt improve when Remainers stop your nonsense and a new PM eventually gets us out of the EU. Whatever the pound value is, it does not last forever, nor will whatever tariffs are imposed after Brexit. Gains made by fund managers will be enjoyed even more by their investors - you know, the UK public, people with pensions and what not. 

13 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

update,after a bit of searching that pile of pap bookmyforeskin.com supposed fact is actually only referring to currencies v the indian rupee and nothing to do with an overall perspective,the indian rupee did have a bad year and for some strange reason a few oddball currencies like the Libyan dinar,jordanian dinar,bulgarian lev,UK pound did quite well against it.Barely anything to shout about imo,i suggest you go back to shouting "no surrender" in true blue fashion.

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Sorry, you're wrong. Compared to benchmarks as us, d-mark, guilder  etc it is now worth about 1/3.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Yes Yes, bring it on. Your post sounds as contorted as your profile photo. It's not all about the pound as you harp on about.

Nonetheless, a weak pound does not seem to have done the UK any great harm over the past three years. It will no doubt improve when Remainers stop your nonsense and a new PM eventually gets us out of the EU. Whatever the pound value is, it does not last forever, nor will whatever tariffs are imposed after Brexit. Gains made by fund managers will be enjoyed even more by their investors - you know, the UK public, people with pensions and what not. 

you say no harm,families probably spending £150-250 possibly even more on a 2 week spanish/EU/usa holiday this is now the 4th summer of this,add to that all the singles/hen/stag do's weekends/UK business travelers and its £100s of millions that would of gone back into the UK economy,i know your going to say well they will stay at home but they dont,the working man and even benefit scrounging Brits will always go abroad,on another forum only yesterday a bulldog brexiteer was moaning about 2 weeks in pattaya now costing him £5k,not LAFFING now is he ????

Posted April 10 · Report reply

On 4/10/2019 at 10:04 AM, malagateddy said: Please word exactly your bet before I ask the mod dsd if he will accomodate us

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That the UK will not have left the EU by the end of May 2019. [emoji6]
    Found it malagateddy was the one to take the bet now how can you get the 1000 baht winnings to me ? Pm me

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived