UK ever more polarised as Brexit Party storms to EU vote win

webfact

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Loiner said:

Same argument that you couldn't debunk yesterday. We've all had three years to make preparations for Brexit and make it a success for the UK. Do we have to repeat it everytime your selective amnesia kicks in?

You're still stuck in the three year old forecasts of "We're all doomed." which were proved wrong right after the referendum result. Have you forgotten those too? 
Sorry Chicken Licken, but the sky is still there and looking good.

It’s worth reminding ourselves of the actual predictions from the remain side in 2016, if we were strong enough to vote leave.

8 hours ago, wilcopops said:

Brexiteers appears to be in total denial.....not only do they think it "isn't gonna happen" they can't see that it IS actually happening....

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/30/uk-car-production-plunges-amid-untold-damage-of-brexit-chaos?fbclid=IwAR0WRwYP9spgA6VoDvtFdIGxt8PEcaFI1UnFo1DS2TEcCveMv4D3w7YNMGM

We should never be slaves to history, but we should never ignore it,if we do not want to make the same mistake again.

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Actually the vote total was about 33,570,000. Next you'll be telling us that 60+ percent of Labour voters went for Brexit.

In England and Wales 60+ of Labour voters did in fact vote Brexit.

Admittedly not so in Scotland and London.  

31 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

In England and Wales 60+ of Labour voters did in fact vote Brexit.

Admittedly not so in Scotland and London.  

London is not in England? Clearly anyone who endorsed your comment can't really be a citizen of the UK.

17 hours ago, sanemax said:

Why would people in in the UK be concerned about the exchange rate of the GBP ?

Holidays a bit more expensive then go to Turkey , where the Pound has gained in value by 30 %

Keep up the good work Brexiteers - a new pound record low post Brexit - we've broken the 40 barrier - how low can we go ? At least for you, Thai Brexiteers Project Fear is all too real. 

1 Pound sterling equals
39.85 Thai Baht
31 May, 11:03 UTC · Disclaimer

8 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Keep up the good work Brexiteers - a new pound record low post Brexit - we've broken the 40 barrier - how low can we go ? At least for you, Thai Brexiteers Project Fear is all too real. 

1 Pound sterling equals
39.85 Thai Baht
31 May, 11:03 UTC · Disclaimer

The financial markets dont like uncertainty and the uncertainty has caused the Pound to fall , had we already been out of the E.U for three years , like we voted for , the Pound be probably around the 60 mark now

44 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The financial markets dont like uncertainty and the uncertainty has caused the Pound to fall , had we already been out of the E.U for three years , like we voted for , the Pound be probably around the 60 mark now

All the more reason to get us through Brexit now. Stop the uncertainty, stop the EU gravy train and get us trading freely with the big wide world. Watch the economy and Pound soar.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

You are selling deluded fact free hope the pound value now is reality - suck it up. 

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

And the level of economic cluelessness displayed here is why Brexit retains so many supporters.

24 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And the level of economic cluelessness displayed here is why Brexit retains so many supporters.

But they believe it egged on by spivs, city boys and hedgies who will be on the right side of the trade when the shot hits the fan which it is already doing. Probably too late now I'm past caring and have more than enough to be happy with what I've got so might as well enjoy the end of the pier spoonies sh**show - bring on Bo Jo for PM and let's jump off the cliff 'for the bants'. The so-called patriot greasers are carving up the pie for their uber-rich paymasters egged on by the idiocracy. If this was Thailand Farage would be floating down the Mekhong long ago. 

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

You have made your silly point over and over again , no need to engage in a silly argument

To engage in any form of "Argument" the other "Side" would have to put forward a point that disagreed with the point made.... 

But thanks for the really sensible (Non-Silly) post... [I'm assuming you're British so get sarcasm).

3 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

To engage in any form of "Argument" the other "Side" would have to put forward a point that disagreed with the point made.... 

But thanks for the really sensible (Non-Silly) post... [I'm assuming you're British so get sarcasm).

I am usually quite content to have silly discussions about nonsensical things , but I just really cannot even try to put an opposing argument against someone who  brings non voters into the equation , thats at the same intellectual level as the "World is flat" brigade    

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am usually quite content to have silly discussions about nonsensical things , but I just really cannot even try to put an opposing argument against someone who  brings non voters into the equation , thats at the same intellectual level as the "World is flat" brigade    

Can you point to any argument I made?... I simply stated a fact & have not brought anybody into anything... 

The original post I responded to said something along the lines of the majority of the British electorate voted for Brexit, I responded that it didn't... 37% did (less than that voted to remain & less still didn't vote at all).

Hey, If it doesn't fit your narrative, why not call it Silly... 

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

give me 10 pints of what you have being supping,out and it will be 32-35 possibly even lower,remember a 10-12% drop is forecast with a crash out,same same as 3 years ago,of all the issues with brexit in or out the prediction of the pounds loss with a leave vote was as near to as spot on as could be possible,the same will happen again,iam afraid your dreaming.

23 hours ago, tebee said:

quite a lot of useful things like raw materials, food and petrol are imported - they will all cost more  

Assuming that the UK adopts a 0% WTO rate as was the Governments plan in March then food will get cheaper.

For example, we are paying over 20% on cooked shrimp from Thailand, 7% on chicken and 21% on Ice-cream from outside the EU. In fact the savings will be bigger as we pay duty on the transport costs too. That's assuming the retailers pass on the savings to their customers.

What MAY have an impact on the savings is how strong the dollar is against the pound as a lot of food globally is traded in dollars.

12 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Actually the vote total was about 33,570,000. Next you'll be telling us that 60+ percent of Labour voters went for Brexit.

According to Wiki, valid votes came in at 17.2m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_European_Parliament_election_in_the_United_Kingdom

How did you get 33,570,000 ?

Edit : Were you referring to the EU Referundum ?

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

Assuming that the UK adopts a 0% WTO rate as was the Governments plan in March then food will get cheaper.

For example, we are paying over 20% on cooked shrimp from Thailand, 7% on chicken and 21% on Ice-cream from outside the EU. In fact the savings will be bigger as we pay duty on the transport costs too. That's assuming the retailers pass on the savings to their customers.

What MAY have an impact on the savings is how strong the dollar is against the pound as a lot of food globally is traded in dollars.

sorry but trivial things like shrimps should not even get a mention,and i doubt there is any icecream imported to the UK,you can rant all you want about trivial things that nobody cares about,the majority of everyday things will cost more,the knackered pound alone will see to that,fuel alone will soar as it is already even before the pound falls further with a no deal,this is not project fear its stone wall facts,

42 minutes ago, bomber said:

sorry but trivial things like shrimps should not even get a mention,and i doubt there is any icecream imported to the UK,you can rant all you want about trivial things that nobody cares about,the majority of everyday things will cost more,the knackered pound alone will see to that,fuel alone will soar as it is already even before the pound falls further with a no deal,this is not project fear its stone wall facts,

I was just using those foodstuffs as an example because I said..."For Example"

It would apply to all tarrif'd food coming into the UK from outside the EU

And don't ever trivialise shrimps, they don't trivalise you!

Again like most of what you say, you no data to back up your "facts"

Fuel is made up of many components and the pricing is determined by politics, demand and production capacity amongst other things. A liter in 2012 was £1.41 at the pump - much more expensive than it is now.

https://www.racfoundation.org/data/uk-pump-prices-over-time

22 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

I was just using those foodstuffs as an example because I said..."For Example"

It would apply to all tarrif'd food coming into the UK from outside the EU

And don't ever trivialise shrimps, they don't trivalise you!

Fuel is made up of many components and the pricing is determined by politics, demand and production capacity amongst other things. A liter in 2012 was £1.41 at the pump - much more expensive than it is now.

https://www.racfoundation.org/data/uk-pump-prices-over-time

your not exactly top heavy with data yourself,as for fuel iam aware its not quite at an all time high but lets say the oil price stays the same a crash out brexit would almost certainly see the pound drop 5-10% and thats would be enough to see all time highs,a rise as like before to $130 a barrell would see £1.55+ at the pumps,far too many do not get it that the UK is donald ducked with a worthless currency,the Turks upset Trump his retaliation was to trash the TL,he did it and send the country into a recession,FA the turks could do,waving flags and singing patriotic songs wont rectify anything.

3 hours ago, bomber said:

give me 10 pints of what you have being supping,out and it will be 32-35 possibly even lower,remember a 10-12% drop is forecast with a crash out,same same as 3 years ago,of all the issues with brexit in or out the prediction of the pounds loss with a leave vote was as near to as spot on as could be possible,the same will happen again,iam afraid your dreaming.

A google search will bring up some interesting comments from ex pats at the time of Brexit. Comments that 44 baht was the lowest it was likely to go etc.

How a few savings would have to be made.

3 years later we can't even get over the first jump and are no closer to firing the starting gun.

Many years of negotiations lie ahead of us even when we have passed go.

Yes, the thai baht is strong against many currencies, but watch this space, sterling is going to get slaughtered.

Glad i can tailor the length of my trips to budget for the drop.

Would hate to be in Thailand full time with a limited, deminishing sterling income coming in.

1 minute ago, WillyPlatt said:

A google search will bring up some interesting comments from ex pats at the time of Brexit. Comments that 44 baht was the lowest it was likely to go etc.

3 years later we can't even get over the first jump and are no closer to firing the starting gun.

Yes, the thai baht is strong against many currencies, but watch this space, sterling is going to get slaughtered.

Would hate to be in Thailand full time with a limited, deminishing sterling income coming in.

yes,they are not laffing now are they,malagateddy is predicting 50 within 3 months of a crash out....i would give him odds of 100-1 for that happening.

5 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

I think those exchange rate predictions were based on our inept government achieving the job they were tasked to do. 

The Thai Baht strength certainly hasn’t helped - and I would not have forecast that happening.

Archived