Why is #DeleteFacebook trending on Twitter? Calls to boycott social media site grow

snoop1130

Why is #DeleteFacebook trending on Twitter? Calls to boycott social media site grow

by Joe Craven

Delete-Facebook-Twitter-Trending.jpg

CON KARAMPELAS: UNSPLASH

One major issue many have had with the social networking site is the spread of fake news, as people fabricate stories and spread them like wildfire.

Many people have accused Facebook of failing to regulate and limit the amount of fake news on the site.

The problem has got so bad that the British Government promotes dedicated adverts on social media relating to the spread of fake news, and how difficult it can be to combat.

It seems people are simply becoming tired of the amount of misinformation on the site. 

Full Story: https://www.dexerto.com/general/why-is-delete-facebook-trending-on-twitter-boycott-social-media-site-grow-659108

Well, for a sociopath like me not having Facebook is mostly not a problem; it is annoying, however, when access to stuff is only available through Facebook, which sometimes happens with videos on this forum, for example. I have been forced onto Line and WhatsApp though, just to maintain contact with one or two individuals who are important to me, as bog standard e-mail seems to be going the way of the Dodo.

Yes, I hate FB with perhaps an irrational passion.  (I have been deactivated, since you can't actually delete yourself as far as I know, for several years.) 

What I hate is the incessant triviality of the medium and (what drove me off) the question that greeted you as you signed in: What's on your mind, sucker...., which would lead me to rant on about my pet peeve of the day.  An utterly useless waste of energy (though surprising how many would agree with me!!)

HOWEVER:  I am hoping that the young people of Thailand will use FB to connect with each other and do something about this shameful traitor Prayut who is holding the country to ransom and doing his best to imprison the Future Forward leader.

One thing I would suggest to all the university students of Bangkok and area is: why not copy the Yellow Shirts and go and sit in Suvarnaphumi and SHUT DOWN  the whole bleeding country, peacefully and (as with the Yellow Shirts in 2008) no action taken by army or police.

Archived