Interesting New Ookla (speedtest) Page

sniffdog

Loxley is the fastest, TOT is the slowest (so far).

That's one way of reading it l suppose.

It all depends on who is testing their speed. If a lot of users with a Loxley dedicated broadband business connection are using that test, then the figures will be skewed. I can see it says on that page about the minimum number of unique IP addresses required for results to be listed but l couldn't see anywhere where you can find out how many tests overall contributed to the results so while it looks nice l don't know that it really means very much in the real world apart from checking your own speed.

Loxley is the fastest, TOT is the slowest (so far).

That's one way of reading it l suppose.

It all depends on who is testing their speed. If a lot of users with a Loxley dedicated broadband business connection are using that test, then the figures will be skewed. I can see it says on that page about the minimum number of unique IP addresses required for results to be listed but l couldn't see anywhere where you can find out how many tests overall contributed to the results so while it looks nice l don't know that it really means very much in the real world apart from checking your own speed.

Totally agreed here... loxley only sells to corporate customers. KSC keeps their ADSL pricing at a premium (4900 baht / month for 2mbps) so it's quite obvious that their service should be better. KSC is owned by True (yes it is now) but they are very clever with their marketing making KSC address the niche market. TOT sells mostly adsl services to the mass market for cheaper prices.

What confuses me though is the result for Pacific Internet. As far as i'm aware they only sell to the corporate market and 'clean net' net cafe's. I have used their colocation and was (and still am) very happy with their international bandwidth and speeds.

Pavee

Edited by paveet