Help With My Monitor?

davethailand

Can anybody shed some light on this?

I've just gone from a regular monitor to a LCD screen, everything seems OK but the colours have changed and I seem to have lost some colours (like the beige colour on hotmail when you have a new message). The monitor has a driver which is in bloody chinese so i can't use it :o .

Help :D

Can anybody shed some light on this?

I've just gone from a regular monitor to a LCD screen, everything seems OK but the colours have changed and I seem to have lost some colours (like the beige colour on hotmail when you have a new message). The monitor has a driver which is in bloody chinese so i can't use it :o .

Help :D

maybe good idea to let us know the which LCD, brand/model and maybe also graphikcard.

You set the display settings to 32 bit color or?

A little bit change in the colors is possible but not too much.

Or you bought the peoples mainland model without the decadent kapitalist beige colors

Its a plug and play S3 graphics pro savage DDR thingy and it had a NEC multisync V730 monitor with great vision and colours.

It now has a I O Data A175GB LCD screen.

I got the screen with my bars CCTV system so I pinched it to use at home, maybe its a cheap one? :o

Usually it is necessary to calibrate the monitor for proper color matching. If you have a copy of Adobe Photoshop (at least version 5.0) it will come with Adobe Gamma which is a calibration tool. Sometimes the monitor or video card will come with its own calibration software. A tutorial on how to use Adobe Gamma > monitor calibration

An on-line color chart > http://www.drycreekphoto.com/images/Charts...bethCC-sRGB.jpg

Also, a cheap LCD monitor may not have the dynamic range and contrast a CRT monitor will have.

At the top left is a printer test chart you can download but can be used with the monitor to check color accuracies > Digital Dog

You say, now has a I O Data A175GB LCD screen.

I was searching a bit and have found "LCD-A175GB 17inch SXGA Dispaly" (GB is for black and GW for white I think).

I've clicked the "Maker Link" (maybe manufactured by NEC and Co) and have found a data sheet from this display with (Kelvins) 6500K, 7200K, 9300K etc. But the most of course of japanese.

Tray out if it is the same:

http://www.iodata.jp/prod/display/lcd/2006...a175g/index.htm