PM urges Thais to be proud of margin by which country passed recent ICAO inspection

snoop1130

PM urges Thais to be proud of margin by which country passed recent ICAO inspection

By The Nation

83777f7b2d42952e5d215be20d956365.jpeg

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday said Thais should be proud that the country had passed an inspection by the International Civil Aviation Organisation [ICAO] with a higher score than standard.

An ICAO team, which conducted an inspection of Thailand’s civil aviation standard from May 13-22, said the country had achieved an effective implementation of standards score of 65.07 per cent. 

The minimum pass threshold set by the United Nations’ aviation watchdog is 60 per cent. 

“The score is high and should be regarded as an example that we follow the rules and regulations of the ICAO. Everyone should be proud, [along] with me,” the PM said. 

The ICAO had put a red flag on Thailand in 2015, and raised 33 significant safety concerns after checking aviation safety standards. 

The red flag was removed in October 2017.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/business/30370162

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-28
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

“The score is high and should be regarded as an example that we follow the rules and regulations of the ICAO. Everyone should be proud, [along] with me,” the PM said. 

???? ???? ???? Follow the rules!! ???? ???? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

With a min wage of 310 bt/day , highly doubt these thais really GIVE A FLYING F***K

The very point I was about to make. 'Yeah, great and all that, but how do I put food on the table?'

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Scrapped through after being previously being given a red flag and Thais are asked to be proud about it. Just shows how little they have to be proud of, pathetic.

Look at Chiang Mai election, or education system

Extra effort won't get away without appropriate punishment 

• Like 1

This is typical of the Thai Education system! If the pass mark in anything is 60% and someone gets 61%, that is a GREAT success, 62% is FANTASTIC, 63% is an AMAZING achievement, etc, etc! Meanwhile in the real world 65% is seen as scraping through and 90% would be seen as good! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

If this is something for Thais to be proud of, they should be utterly disgusted and ashamed of the electoral system!

But That's  been an "overwhelming"  success!! Just ask the Junta, for God's  sake  don't ask any Thais  though.

Why is the PM proud about it ?  It has been during his time as PM that the safety standard has been way below standard and he done nothing about it ! So who should take the small amount of credit for the change ??  Certainly not the government. 

1 minute ago, jaiyen said:

Why is the PM proud about it ?  It has been during his time as PM that the safety standard has been way below standard and he done nothing about it ! So who should take the small amount of credit for the change ??  Certainly not the government. 

Typical behaviour by every politician anywhere in the world I'd have thought