Flying from KL to BKK

Later this year i will be flying to Bkk from Sydney via Kl with Air Asia,i am on a retirement extension and will have a re entry permit,i am sure i have read here about problems with Air Asia in Kl not letting people board without a return ticket or a ticket out of Thailand,can anyone enlighten me,thanks

3 hours ago, arithai12 said:

You will fly to DMK not BKK.

If you have a valid visa/extension and a re-entry permit, you will be fine at check-in without a return/outbound ticket.

Unless you're black.  Last month I came back from Vietnam & black passengers were being singled out by officers who were checking passengers' papers before they reached Immigration.

Unless you're black.  Last month I came back from Vietnam & black passengers were being singled out by officers who were checking passengers' papers before they reached Immigration.

.... but did you actually see an different >enforcementof the rules for those that were allegedly singled out for examination? It doesn’t sound like there was any real action taken against those that were “black” per se- only that perhaps they were checked more closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

Unfair I agree, but the OP was asking about possible questions at the Air Asia check-in and that's what I answered. What happens with immigration officers is another department.

15 hours ago, bendejo said:

I have taken AA flights all over SE Asia and they never asked about return/onward tickets.  The immigration authorities at arrival, well, that is another matter.

As per OP I am also on permission of stay based on retirement with reentry permit. Firstly OP you will have zero issues at KL.

I disagree with above post. I fly to Saigon every 3 weeks. Almost entirely with AA. When obtaining boarding pass they look to see if I have a visa. I have paperclip on my reentry page so I can locate it quickly to show check in staff. I even asked (for benefit of TV readers) what happens if no visa. Answer.. "We need see plane ticket"

Meaning onward ticket. 

Of course there will be people that have been able to fly without one.

It would IMO be doubtful without a visa or reentry permit.

If you are travelling Syd to DM you have transit only in KL.. Your luggage from Syd is booked straight through to DM.. In KL you change gates to your flight to DM as a transit passenger.. No problems at all.. 

Are you transit or leaving KL for a flight a day or so later?? 

But the fact is you do have a Retirement extension of stay with re-entry permit so no issues to consider.. Unless DM IO has an issue after arrival.. 

I have flown that sector several times with Air Asia in recent years usually overnighting in KL and never had a problems the issue never being raised.

The only problem ever experienced was with Jet Star leaving Sydney when the female check in person wanted to argue that I needed a return ticket.

After explaining to her several times that she was wrong I insisted she bring the Duty Manager, who after a quick look at the passport handed it to me with the boarding card, wished me a good flight, gave her a look that would kill and walked away

3 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I have flown that sector several times with Air Asia in recent years usually overnighting in KL and never had a problems the issue never being raised.

The only problem ever experienced was with Jet Star leaving Sydney when the female check in person wanted to argue that I needed a return ticket.

After explaining to her several times that she was wrong I insisted she bring the Duty Manager, who after a quick look at the passport handed it to me with the boarding card, wished me a good flight, gave her a look that would kill and walked away

After explaining to her several times that she was wrong I insisted she bring the Duty Manager, who after a quick look at the passport handed it to me with the boarding card, wished me a good flight, gave her a look that would kill and walked away......Ha ! Ha ! I Had EXACTLY the same in Manchester Airport flying on a O/W Ticket to BKK On Air France,I Was fed up TELLING the Check In Person that I LIVED Here !!

22 hours ago, new2here said:

.... but did you actually see an different >enforcementof the rules for those that were allegedly singled out for examination? It doesn’t sound like there was any real action taken against those that were “black” per se- only that perhaps they were checked more closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why would I 'allege' anything?  That is what I saw.  I've no idea what extra enforcement took place.  I just made an observation about colour prejudice/racism in Thailand.