Outstanding fines to block car registration renewal

snoop1130

22 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

As a side note, ever since our local post office became overwhelmed by online shopping a few years ago, they simply decided to stop delivering ordinary mail (envelopes). Not even registered mail gets through. So how am I supposed to get my fines?

My postman cant find my house, nor delivery trucks they have to phone the wife.????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

This has huge potential to be a total fiasco and a nice revenue earner for folks renewing registrations. I'm not sure that the new computer software will run entirely problem free if I look at what is happening in immigration where after many years one can still not do one's 90 day registration on-line. Indeed my local IO started using computers a few years back, then went back to paper for renewal of extension.

Absolutely after filling in all the Questions on line computer says no it  go immigration office.to your

On 5/29/2019 at 11:51 PM, mania said:

This might end up being a problem for vehicles sold during the year.

Know Thailand you could be liable for others fines when you go to renew the registration ????

so if any outstanding fine THEN do not buy the vehicle....as simple as that

13 hours ago, MickeyR said:

What happens with my situation; 5 times I have been issued with a speeding tickets. The car was mine over 18 months ago, I part exchanged for my new car,  still I get these fines through the post.   I've notified the police. I've filled a form in. I have notified some members of my wife's family who are police. I have also notified the garage I bought the car. but still I keep receiving these tickets the only person who doesn't realize he has committed an offence is the guy who has my old car. Every one keeps telling me not to worry . Apparently here in Thailand When you sell your car on the ownership doesn't change . What if this guy kills someone "Oh I'm not worried but I could be". "I wait in anticipation" .

Ownership definitely changes.  But are you sure the ownership actually changed?  Did you go to the Dept of Land Transportation and sign documents during the buying of your new car and transferring ownership of your old car?    Have you went to the Dept of Land Transportation to confirm who is now the registered owner....you may find out it's still in your name.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

I know in aust they have had the same for a few years.it works because the police are more pro checking and the citizen in general follow the rules.not sure if that will work in LOS thou.with unlicensed  drivers and students,no helmets etc will always exist

On 5/30/2019 at 3:31 AM, AlQaholic said:

Round sticker? What is that? I get a square paper as in the picture, which I have to fit behind a plastic sheet slightly larger and then try to stick onto the windshield. After a day or two it falls off and I have to repeat the whole process again. Then I take some alcohol to clean the damned spot where it goes and drink the rest naturally. After a month of this, it finally sticks for another year.

After a month With drinking while trying to fit the square sticker assume the sticker look a bit round and fitted upside down … :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2019 at 9:49 AM, Pedrogaz said:

This has huge potential to be a total fiasco and a nice revenue earner for folks renewing registrations. I'm not sure that the new computer software will run entirely problem free if I look at what is happening in immigration where after many years one can still not do one's 90 day registration on-line. Indeed my local IO started using computers a few years back, then went back to paper for renewal of extension.

Many years that I use their online system for 90-Days reports, for myself and a few friends, and it works without problem at all :smile:. It's just 3 minutes every 75-80 days.

The only guy I know who can't use it is a guy who entered in Thailand about 20 years ago and never left since that. His entrance must not be in the database they use now. :ermm:

On 5/30/2019 at 6:29 PM, MickeyR said:

What happens with my situation; 5 times I have been issued with a speeding tickets. The car was mine over 18 months ago, I part exchanged for my new car,  still I get these fines through the post.   I've notified the police. I've filled a form in. I have notified some members of my wife's family who are police. I have also notified the garage I bought the car. but still I keep receiving these tickets the only person who doesn't realize he has committed an offence is the guy who has my old car. Every one keeps telling me not to worry . Apparently here in Thailand When you sell your car on the ownership doesn't change . What if this guy kills someone "Oh I'm not worried but I could be". "I wait in anticipation" .

Its all about to make Things right the very first time .. :thumbsup:

Your situation is caused by you as you as a seller have not ensured that the name transfer actually was performed on the day you handed the car over to the New owner something Your continously speedtickets related to the car you sold confirms.

Its actually 2 possibilities only:

(1) You must go together with the byer, or a person that represent him (through Power of autorney) to the License -/registration Office. If you dont find the buyer or he dont want to make the name transfer there is another possibility.

(2) Since the car is still registered on you - you can together With the police (which should be easy for you since you have one in the Family) knock on the byers door and tell him to go together With you to the reg Office to perform the name transfer as if not you will take the car back as it still is in Your name - this may speed up the process  - Good Luck … :thumbsup: 

Edited by ttrd
  • Like 1

What happens with my situation; 5 times I have been issued with a speeding tickets. The car was mine over 18 months ago, I part exchanged for my new car,  still I get these fines through the post.

You have done everything you can do..I suppose the new owner just hasn't bothered to actually transfer the car to their name...so address and owner details are still recorded as yours.