Submission of TM-30 to CW by post

PS - If Thai Immigration was going to fine the house/residence OWNER for TM30 non-reporting, then I'd be happy to leave the TM30s to the owner.

But since Immigration in BKK instead seems more focused on fining the farang TENANTS when they show up to do their annual extension of stay without having a TM30 report, when it's MY money on the line, I'm going to prefer to make sure myself that it's getting handled properly.

I own my condo, and I am not sure whether a TM.30 was filed when I bought it 15 years ago. Has anyone who is an owner done a 90 day report in the last two weeks had any rejection of (90 day report) from Chaengwattana because there was not a TM.30 on record?

I am going to file my next 90 day report at CW before the end of July, and I want to pre-empt any hassle, if as a homeowner, I should file a TM.30 first.

Grateful to hear of any experiences, in the last 2 weeks or so.

PS - If Thai Immigration was going to fine the house/residence OWNER for TM30 non-reporting, then I'd be happy to leave the TM30s to the owner.

But since Immigration in BKK instead seems more focused on fining the farang TENANTS when they show up to do their annual extension of stay without having a TM30 report, when it's MY money on the line, I'm going to prefer to make sure myself that it's getting handled properly.

Just deduct any fine you have to pay from your rent.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Just deduct any fine you have to pay from your rent.

I have a very nice landlord for a nice home who's never increased my rent 1 baht in the many years I've been living here...  The road you suggest is not one I'm likely to go down....

2 hours ago, david_je said:

By the way, the receipt does indeed have your name on it, correct? I suppose if I had landlady file the TM30, the receipt would have her name and that may complicate things when I bring it for my extension.

The receipt gets returned to the person who filed the report; Line 1 Full Name. A single report can be made for one or more people.

No complications. A valid filing will update your Immigration record, a receipt probably won't hold much value without the requisite DB entries. The online system does not generate a receipt.

Again, I wouldn't overthink this. Self-file, in person or by mail or online, if that gives you comfort. Or have your landlord report you, in person, by mail or by the online system.

Will be interesting to see if the new (Section 38) mobile apps. make this process easier, or more complicated?

The online "Hotel" system seems like overkill for solo condo owners, house/apt renters?

Edited by mtls2005

2 hours ago, samtam said:

Has anyone who is an owner done a 90 day report in the last two weeks had any rejection of (90 day report) from Chaengwattana because there was not a TM.30 on record?

There have been some reports here and on FB, of folks being rejected, both in person and online, for a 90-day report, with the reason given as no valid TM30 on file. But it seems like many can get a 90-day report done without a TM30 on file, or having to complete one first. I know, hard to believe the inconsistency.

I was able to complete a 90-day report online successfully on 15 May 2019; I have no valid TM30 on file.

An extension of stay renewal seems to have a hard-stop without a valid M30 on file. Folks are redirected to the B Counter to sort that out, sometimes with a fine, in some cases no fine. 

Edited by mtls2005

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

There have been some reports here and on FB, of folks being rejected, both in person and online, for a 90-day report, with the reason given as no valid TM30 on file. But it seems like many can get a 90-day report done without a TM30 on file, or having to complete one first. I know, hard to believe the inconsistency.

I was able to complete a 90-day report online successfully on 15 May 2019; I have no valid TM30 on file.

An extension of stay renewal seems to have a hard-stop without a valid M30 on file. Folks are redirected to the B Counter to sort that out, sometimes with a fine, in some cases no fine. 

Thanks. I did my EoS on 24 May 2019 with no issues regarding TM.30, (which may or may not be on record; I simply don't know, as I've owned and lived at my address for 15 years).

My last 90 day report was on 20 December 2018, and I have not needed to do one since then, because I have been out of the country within the 90 day windows. If I'm here when the next one is due, then I will find out whether it is problem for me.