Mueller says he could not charge Trump as Congress weighs impeachment

webfact

1 hour ago, elmrfudd said:

I want it all released, everything they are asking for.

the constitutional crisis began years ago when unverified information was used to start surveillance on american citizens in an opposing political campaign.

Still drinking the Fox News kool-aid.  The investigation into Russian interference and possible involvement of the Trump campaign was based on much more than the Steele dossier, and enough of the dossier was verified by other intelligence for it to be taken somewhat seriously.

The DOJ defying the courts, the DOJ defying congress, the Treasury defying congress, Trump claiming executive privilege for everything, including stuff that happened before he was President; these are constitutional crisis things.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Still drinking the Fox News kool-aid.  The investigation into Russian interference and possible involvement of the Trump campaign was based on much more than the Steele dossier, and enough of the dossier was verified by other intelligence for it to be taken somewhat seriously.

The DOJ defying the courts, the DOJ defying congress, the Treasury defying congress, Trump claiming executive privilege for everything, including stuff that happened before he was President; these are constitutional crisis things.

well bruce, I don't drink kool aid. It is reassuring to know you have personally seen the clear verified sources about the mystical "verified intelligence" used to start the surveillance. What was this magical verification of "enough of the dossier" you are referring to? is it from John Dean?

so taking bogus information "somewhat seriously" is now good enough to open surveillance?

but keep up the outrage 

Edited by elmrfudd

26 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

well bruce, I don't drink kool aid. It is reassuring to know you have personally seen the clear verified sources about the mystical "verified intelligence" used to start the surveillance. What was this magical verification of "enough of the dossier" you are referring to? is it from John Dean?

so taking bogus information "somewhat seriously" is now good enough to open surveillance?

but keep up the outrage 

Right.  Next you'll state that you don't wear blinders.  Once again, the investigation was begun before the Steele dossier came out and for legitimate reasons. 

I can't coherently select three sentences and stay in TV fair use rules, so you'll have to read a little.  Not everything can be reduced to a sound-bite or baseball cap.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/us/politics/crossfire-hurricane-trump-russia-fbi-mueller-investigation.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/01/what-we-know-about-genesis-russia-investigation/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6feddf2e1d9c

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heybruce said:
4 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

but keep up the outrage 

Right.  Next you'll state that you don't wear blinders.  Once again, the investigation was begun before the Steele dossier came out and for legitimate reasons. 

I can't coherently select three sentences and stay in TV fair use rules, so you'll have to read a little.  Not everything can be reduced to a sound-bite or baseball cap.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/us/politics/crossfire-hurricane-trump-russia-fbi-mueller-investigation.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/01/what-we-know-about-genesis-russia-investigation/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6feddf2e1d9c

sorry, a NYtimes article laying out their version of events and the motives behind them is not a verifiable source.

But as more classified information gets released and the IG report comes, if you still think those year old articles have any verified facts showing actual crimes, then you can rest assured impeachment will begin.

if, on the other hand there is information that counters the narrative in the article, will you still be crying for impeachment?

7 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

sorry, a NYtimes article laying out their version of events and the motives behind them is not a verifiable source.

But as more classified information gets released and the IG report comes, if you still think those year old articles have any verified facts showing actual crimes, then you can rest assured impeachment will begin.

if, on the other hand there is information that counters the narrative in the article, will you still be crying for impeachment?

Ok, you don't want to believe a world class newspaper that doesn't support your preferred views.  What is yous source that the investigation was based solely on the Steele dossier, or that the dossier has been totally discredited?

I seriously doubt that new information will discredit either of the two articles, but if credible new information is revealed (not cherry-picked biased information) I will reconsider my conclusions.  Will you?

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

well, to prove that the investigation was based on the Steele Dossier and that the Dossier was convincingly discredited, the information to support those claims would have to be cherry-picked, wouldn't it?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, heybruce said:
14 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

Ok, you don't want to believe a world class newspaper that doesn't support your preferred views.  What is yous source that the investigation was based solely on the Steele dossier, or that the dossier has been totally discredited?

I seriously doubt that new information will discredit either of the two articles, but if credible new information is revealed (not cherry-picked biased information) I will reconsider my conclusions.  Will you?

world class? world class bias yes.

The FBI went to a FISA court in late October 2016, dossier in hand, to justify surveillance. Of their source Christopher Steele, the FBI says in the warrant application that “Source #1 [Steele] has been compensated [REDACTED] by the FBI and the FBI is unaware of any derogatory information pertaining to Source #1.” The warrant was granted on October 21st. We know from an interview conducted just ten days prior it was a lie that the FBI was “unaware” of any “derogatory information” pertaining to Steele. In fact, they had no shortage of reasons to find him uncredible. 

If there is actual verifiable evidence of wrong doing, then it should be acted upon, regardless of who it is. 

This also applies to govt agencies and the people who were in charge of them.

The FBI went to a FISA court in late October 2016, dossier in hand, to justify surveillance. Of their source Christopher Steele, the FBI says in the warrant application that “Source #1 [steele] has been compensated [REDACTED] by the FBI and the FBI is unaware of any derogatory information pertaining to Source #1.” The warrant was granted on October 21st. We know from an interview conducted just ten days prior it was a lie that the FBI was “unaware” of any “derogatory information” pertaining to Steele. In fact, they had no shortage of reasons to find him uncredible. 

If there is actual verifiable evidence of wrong doing, then it should be acted upon, regardless of who it is. 

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

Source #1 [Steele] has been compensated [REDACTED] by the FBI and the FBI is unaware of any derogatory information pertaining to Source #1.

What are the other sources? I mean, if there is a #1, there must be at least a #2, and possibly even #3, #4.....

1 hour ago, candide said:

Source #1 [Steele] has been compensated [REDACTED] by the FBI and the FBI is unaware of any derogatory information pertaining to Source #1.

What are the other sources? I mean, if there is a #1, there must be at least a #2, and possibly even #3, #4.....

yes, circular references to "news" articles...

there was plenty of reference to number 2 though

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

The FBI went to a FISA court in late October 2016, dossier in hand, to justify surveillance. Of their source Christopher Steele, the FBI says in the warrant application that “Source #1 [Steele] has been compensated [REDACTED] by the FBI and the FBI is unaware of any derogatory information pertaining to Source #1.” The warrant was granted on October 21st. We know from an interview conducted just ten days prior it was a lie that the FBI was “unaware” of any “derogatory information” pertaining to Steele. In fact, they had no shortage of reasons to find him uncredible. 

The Russia investigation was based on much more than just the Steele dossier.  That has been explained.  You keep coming back to the Steele dossier because, by using selective blindness, you can claim it has no merit.  Even if that were true, the investigation was justified and necessary. 

Yes, the Steele dossier was part of the justification of the FISA warrant, but only part. 

"The so-called dossier formed only a smart part of the evidence used to meet the legal burden of establishing "probable cause" that Page was an agent of Russia."

"The released documents contain dozens of pages that are entirely blacked out. People who have read them, including Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, say they contain secret evidence establishing ties between Page and Russians — evidence that goes beyond what was included in the dossier compiled by Christopher Steele."   https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/why-team-trump-wrong-about-carter-page-dossier-secret-warrant-n893666

yeah, adam schiff says it, so that must be true.

but yet years of investigation did not find this "secret evidence"

and Page has never been charged of ANYTHING, ever.

but you will still keep on with the nonsensical theory regardless.

THAT is selective blindness bruce.

and then you keep parroting "the investigation was justified and necessary"

all from the people who were behind it of course, what else would they say.

17 hours ago, candide said:

What about a Republican memo?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nunes_memo

Not just the Nunes memo. There's also the report of the House Intelligence Committee. The report was released when the Republicans still controlled the committee. They also found that the investigation began with Papadapoulos.

https://static01.nyt.com/files/2018/us/politics/20180427 Intelligence Committee Report.pdf#page=57

You'll find that you won't get an answer. I have repeatedly brought up the fact that Peter Strzok who right wingers allege conspired to destroy Trump's candidacy, never leaked anything about the investigation before the election. Never gotten a response yet.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The Soviet Union/Russia has been interfering in US affairs for as long as anyone can remember.  However the 2016 election reached a whole new level of interference that can be proven and presents a real threat to democracy.  Trump shows no interest in changing that.  In fact, he has stated he believes Putin's denials over his own intelligence services.

The Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore. The US and Russia have no significant geopolitical differences anymore and in fact are natural allies. And it is laughable that you think $100,000 in Facebook ads (whose purpose is still very much in question given a large portion of them ran either after the election or during the primaries) constitutes "a whole new level of interference". The serious interference in our election seems to have come from the UK via Operation Crossfire Hurricane and the shady work of former British Spy Christopher Steele and friends. And I'd agree that Trump has in fact been quite slow in getting to the bottom of that, though the appointment of Attorney General seems to have changed the game a bit. 

Hopefully we will have all this sorted out and serious sanctions imposed against the UK by the end of the year. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, usviphotography said:

The Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore. The US and Russia have no significant geopolitical differences anymore and in fact are natural allies. And it is laughable that you think $100,000 in Facebook ads (whose purpose is still very much in question given a large portion of them ran either after the election or during the primaries) constitutes "a whole new level of interference". The serious interference in our election seems to have come from the UK via Operation Crossfire Hurricane and the shady work of former British Spy Christopher Steele and friends. And I'd agree that Trump has in fact been quite slow in getting to the bottom of that, though the appointment of Attorney General seems to have changed the game a bit. 

Hopefully we will have all this sorted out and serious sanctions imposed against the UK by the end of the year. 

"Facts first: While there is evidence that the Obama administration struggled with how to deal with Russia's election meddling, it did make attempts to get Russia to stop, and also to tell the American public about what the Russians were up to. Those attempts appear to have had little to no impact on Russia's behavior, and the public did not fully grasp the extent of the meddling until well after the election".

"Republicans and some Democrats have criticized the Obama administration for not doing enough to thwart Russian election interference, but is it accurate to claim they did "nothing"?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/02/politics/fact-check-trump-claims-obama-did-nothing-russia/index.html

It fits the MSM and dems narrative to put the blame on the current POTUS. The MSM got the liberals and left believing  that Mr. Trump is Vlads water boy!When all the while it was  his predecessors responsibility.  

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, usviphotography said:

Everyone knows the Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore.  Government interference in other countries affairs have continued from the Soviet Union into Russia.  Wasn't that clear?

I'm tired of spoon-feeding the deniers about the extent of Russian interference in the election.  I know you won't read the whole report, so just skip to page 26 of the Mueller report.  https://games-cdn.washingtonpost.com/notes/prod/default/documents/f5fe536c-81bb-45be-86e5-a9fee9794664/note/a8d336ef-e98d-4a08-987d-b4c154b22700.pdf

Now why don't you give us factual information, using credible sources, about the degree of election interference done by Crossfire Hurricane?

As a troll you are far to obvious; you are blatantly pro-Russian.  Wishing for sanctions on the UK is way over the top.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Not just the Nunes memo. There's also the report of the House Intelligence Committee. The report was released when the Republicans still controlled the committee. They also found that the investigation began with Papadapoulos.

https://static01.nyt.com/files/2018/us/politics/20180427 Intelligence Committee Report.pdf#page=57

You'll find that you won't get an answer. I have repeatedly brought up the fact that Peter Strzok who right wingers allege conspired to destroy Trump's candidacy, never leaked anything about the investigation before the election. Never gotten a response yet.

i did give an answer, but it got deleted....

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/12/george-papadopoulos-says-mueller-report-shows-i-wa/

Edited by elmrfudd
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

Papadopoulos claims he did nothing wrong and the Mueller report completely vindicates him.  What a surprise.  I couldn't make out what part of the report it is that he thinks vindicates him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

while we are at it, give us factual information about the degree and effect "Russia" had on the "stealing" the election. not theories

as to how it have may changed votes, actual facts. 

Do you want to rerun the election without Russian interference to see what changes?  That is the only way to "prove" how much or how little impact Russia had.

According to Facebook, Russia, through the IRA, made 80,000 posts that reached 29 million people.  I can't prove that this changed the election outcome, and you can't prove it didn't. 

I maintain that this kind of Russian interference needs to be prevented in future elections.  What do you think?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1