Floods devastate Pattaya and surrounding areas after late night storms

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Singapore gets just as much rain as LOS, and they manage to avoid floods. Perhaps it's because they actually have a government that does its job and doesn't look at a government job as an opportunity to make money.

No problem. It just needs a government that will spend the money where it is intended for.

Let's face it, we know why Pattaya is a disaster area, and the only question is will it ever change?

Yup, no floods in Singapore.:whistling:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floods_in_Singapore

10 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Yup, no floods in Singapore.:whistling:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floods_in_Singapore

I lived there and don't remember any severe flooding in the downtown area. There was some in the north once, and the idiot driver went too fast and stalled it in the water. Not that it was over the floor boards or anything like that. I do not recall anything as severe as Pattaya is regularly experiencing.

Interesting that they only give instances in the Wiki from 2010, decades after I lived there.

The kid that drowned didn't die in a flood, but in the drain.

Notice that when they discovered why the flood occurred in Orchard Rd area they actually did something about it. Fat chance of Pattaya city council being so proactive.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I lived there and don't remember any severe flooding in the downtown area. There was some in the north once, and the idiot driver went too fast and stalled it in the water. Not that it was over the floor boards or anything like that. I do not recall anything as severe as Pattaya is regularly experiencing.

really, I remember it happening many times in recent years. I have a video somewhere on my computer, taken over 15 years ago, showing central Pattaya under inches of water at this time of the year, flowing through bars and shops on 3rd road.  

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

really, I remember it happening many times in recent years. I have a video somewhere on my computer, taken over 15 years ago, showing central Pattaya under inches of water at this time of the year, flowing through bars and shops on 3rd road.  

I was referring to Singapore. Pattaya has flooded regularly, but more so than I remember before they widened beach Rd. I think they must have destroyed the existing  big drains under Beach Rd, or filled them with debris.

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was referring to Singapore. Pattaya has flooded regularly, but more so than I remember before they widened beach Rd. I think they must have destroyed the existing  big drains under Beach Rd, or filled them with debris.

Okay, sorry, miss read your post.  In Singapore's case, you are absolutely right. 

It's become such a wasteland.

Left in 2008, 3-4 years too late. Never looked back.

I can't think of one good reason to live in Pattaya. Oh yeah it's supposed to be cheap.

Seems it's value relative to the broken city and it's amenities. Really has just appeared as a total dump these last ten years, especially the last five.

A city under it's own weight of corruption, incompetence and lack of education. Can't run a city of one million like a city of 100k.

But still they will holiday and even live there. Happy enjoy

On 5/30/2019 at 12:54 PM, PatOngo said:

I first visited Pattaya in 1979, they had flooding problems then, now, 40 years later they still have no clue as to how to resolve the problem. I could give them some direction within a few hours, but hey, I don't live there so it doesn't bother me!

Evidently a start would be...

Thai not using the street as a garbage tip

City services bothering to do routine maintenance in season most prone to flooding.

The experience is mostly that of building personal wealth not town and city planning. Not much immediaate money to be made in building concrete trenches, until it becomes lucrative it will not happen. White water rafting anyone? 

On 5/30/2019 at 1:13 PM, jacko45k said:

It is irritating me... just had to pump some out of my pool and next week all of it will have to go down the drain as I am having work done. Bet it is dry and sunny when I come to refill it and I will have to pay to get water trucked in!

:violin:

On 6/1/2019 at 9:22 AM, jacko45k said:

The experience is mostly that of building personal wealth not town and city planning. Not much immediaate money to be made in building concrete trenches, until it becomes lucrative it will not happen. White water rafting anyone? 

I think you mean brown water rafting.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:54 AM, PatOngo said:

I first visited Pattaya in 1979, they had flooding problems then, now, 40 years later they still have no clue as to how to resolve the problem. I could give them some direction within a few hours, but hey, I don't live there so it doesn't bother me!

Why don't you go to UK and Germany first and teach them. The experts from 2007 were surely in need of your skills.  Or maybe other European town that is close to the sea or rivers and that has flooding.  Teach us master how are you going to do when 3 months worth of precipitations are suddenly pouring in a matter of 24 hours.

Don't talk shit , please.

13 hours ago, anon7854 said:

Why don't you go to UK and Germany first and teach them. The experts from 2007 were surely in need of your skills.

2007... small potatoes. Pattaya floods every week in the rainy season. 

21 hours ago, anon7854 said:

Why don't you go to UK and Germany first and teach them. The experts from 2007 were surely in need of your skills.  Or maybe other European town that is close to the sea or rivers and that has flooding.  Teach us master how are you going to do when 3 months worth of precipitations are suddenly pouring in a matter of 24 hours.

Don't talk shit , please.

LOL. Pattaya floods from a normal rainfall. No need for a storm.

Archived