Video: Putting a new spin on brake failure - or was Benz driver just plain drunk?

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

It's missing the most important thing...the brake pedal.

You don't need that over here.

When I came to live here, the bookkeeper of the company I worked for was about to buy a new car.  A Honda City.

It's a while ago, so it was then still available without ABS & airbags. 

As her brother was a mechanic, he strongly advised her to take the model with the biggest engine, but without ABS & airbags, as you don't  need that anyway, it's just adding to the costs...  Great advice that of course was taken!

Sums it up, no?

• Sad 1

Just another example of a Thai driving as if they are playing a video game. And now a baby has had one of what will surely be many road accidents in Thailand. There cannot be a single person in Thailand who does not know of someone killed, seriously injured or involved in an accident here.

7 hours ago, Chazar said:

Gee I  wonder if they had baby seats it would have helped at all???

No , as you see the baby is maybe 2-3 months old, there is not such a thing for that. IF they get some older then they can sit in such a chair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

No , as you see the baby is maybe 2-3 months old, there is not such a thing for that. IF they get some older then they can sit in such a chair.

Utter rubbish. Car seats are readily available for newborns. 

This excuse is as lame,original and credible as 'the dog ate my homework '. Go Hok !

In the almost default excuse of brake failure tests can be done to establish the verity,as they certainly would be in any honest country. We never see follow up. Is it just accepted? In this case a proper investigation would establish whether the claimed incident was possible by the simple expedient of placing the thermos behind the brake pedal and gauging the amount (if any) of restriction. It takes little brake pedal travel to initiate strong braking effect. I’d wager this excuse would be debunked very easily but guess this reasoning would be beyond  the capability of brain dead Thais....or the only measurement would be the thickness of the envelope....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Absolute balderdash, you can secure bassinets into properly anchored car seat restraints, it is compulsory in many countries.

In fact you cannot leave a hospital with your child in Australia unless you have the car fitted with secure restraints.