New PM to be nominated on Wednesday

snoop1130

New PM to be nominated on Wednesday

By Kas Chanwanpen 
The Nation

7b8a095abf2500ff05459cdf73e35979.jpeg

Chuan Leekpai//Prasert Thepsri

Newly-endorsed House speaker Chuan Leekpai has revealed that the nomination of the prime minister will take place on Wednesday.

The schedule was set on Friday as soon as the Royal Gazette published the royal endorsement of Chuan as the house speaker and Suchart Tancharoen and Supachai Phosu as his deputies.

The Constitution does not set the deadline for the election of the head of the government but states that parliamentarians should be notified of the vote at least three days in advance, unless there is an emergency.

Both the Senate and the House of Representatives will vote together to determine the next PM. 

Chuan said the notification letters would be sent to the parliamentarians on Saturday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370336

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-31

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

A disgrace to the intelligence of the human race. Prayuth also.

I believe Khun Prayut Chan O Cha is the best choice for the role and to his credit continue to develop Thailand with more projects, more infrustructure and more exports which will help boost the Thai economy.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do but hey .... look on the bright side .... you can go to the Philippines or Laos or Cambodia if you fancy them. Why stay here and moan and groan.  lol

The girl on the right .. Is she a usurper looking for a handout .. 

And a couple of 'em have missed the Nero hair dye shower to match the black arm bands .. 

Who'll be named as victor .? 

My money's on someone totally unsuited to the post .. 

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I believe Khun Prayut Chan O Cha is the best choice for the role and to his credit continue to develop Thailand with more projects, more infrustructure and more exports which will help boost the Thai economy.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do but hey .... look on the bright side .... you can go to the Philippines or Laos or Cambodia if you fancy them. Why stay here and moan and groan.  lol

I have always never understood any foreigner or expat with a Western education who can support the Amart, the Elite, the Junta or the Yellow Shirt movement and all it represents and stands for.

I just can't fathom it.

As for your "more projects, more infrastructure, more weapons" - have you ever thought of the word accountability and any Thai academic, politician, anybody asked to see the books and invoices?

And no, i don't want to move, but i have every right to moan about these scumbag parasites.

3 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

I have always never understood any foreigner or expat with a Western education who can support the Amart, the Elite, the Junta or the Yellow Shirt movement and all it represents and stands for.

I just can't fathom it.

As for your "more projects, more infrastructure, more weapons" - have you ever thought of the word accountability and any Thai academic, politician, anybody asked to see the books and invoices?

And no, i don't want to move, but i have every right to moan about these scumbag parasites.

Ask to see the books, that's a very short trip to attitude adjustment.... 

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

I just can't fathom it.

Weak minded people like strongmen. Also, foreigners here who like it crave for the same in their own country. That craving to feel like they’re in a special club. It’s a childish mentality. 

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

youve  told  us  all you need  to about yourself

I think most of us here profoundly disagree with Steven100 - but to be fair, he is entitled to his viewpoint, and he is (unlike some) always polite and reasonable in his responses to us who oppose him, and he did use to brighten up our day with lots of fabulous photos of Prayut (ha ha!).

I wish more junta supporters were as civil as Steven100 invariably is (even though I stand at the other end of the political spectrum from Steven).

1 hour ago, Bipolar said:

Gawd, anyone as long as its not some old stupid and illiterate, bad tempered and ill-mannered dinosaur who likes to compose and sing old stupid songs and cannot speak English!

I love the quote (above). Bipolar - you have really made me laugh. Superb post.

I cannot for the life of me think whom you might be referring to!

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

I just can't fathom it.

Even the Western educational system leaves some behind. Or, some just do not have the intelligence or common sense to benefit from the education.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

The caretaker PM has been encouraging Thais to read Animal Farm. 

Here is a quote from Squealer the pig ...

"Comrades," he said, "I trust that every animal here appreciates the sacrifice that Comrade Napoleon has made in taking this extra labour upon himself. Do not imagine, comrades, that leadership is a pleasure! On the contrary, it is a deep and heavy responsibility. No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be? Suppose you had decided to follow Snowball, with his moonshine of windmills– Snowball, who, as we now know, was no better than a criminal?"

Remind you of anyone?

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Also more tanks,guns,and other military hardware ,i just wish they

would put off buying more and get the utilities fixed,its now the

rainy season,and every time it rains or is a bit windy off goes the

electric, and it's been this way for years.

regards worgeordie

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

What you believe and what is factual based on an educated opinion appears to be at opposite ends of the spectrum. How any person can support someone like Prayuth is beyond belief as not only is he delusional but he has limited ability and intelligence.

I'm sure he is supported by many like minded simpletons.

No need to be sorry for me, I wouldn't live there if you paid me. I travel there once a month through necessity.

Again, your assumptions prove as incorrect as your judgement but I think it's great that you find solice in a third world country going backwards and support someone to do the thinking for you and your likeminded.

Archived