Looking for a Thai Friend

Hi there.

My dad is looking for his long lost friend who stays in Thailand. From what I understand, they spend several years working together overseas and were good buddies. My dad often speaks of him fondly, and wants to reconnect with his friend but lost his thai phone number when my dad's phone was stolen. I do want to help my dad find his friend. 

My dad's friend actually can be found Google easily. (he's a scientist so that were a few old articles on his research work) But I was unable to find a email address contact nor phone number that I can reach out to online. He is an elderly man too so he doesnt have any social media. 

What should i do to find him? Should I post his name here? My dad can even remember the names of his wife and children, so I'm not sure if that's helpful. With those names, I tried looking on facebook and other social media sites and found nothing too. 

If anyone has any suggestions, I’d really appreciate the help!

2 hours ago, lookingforfriend1 said:

My dad's friend actually can be found Google easily. (he's a scientist so that were a few old articles on his research work)

Research papers will list authors' affiliations. Call/email those places up. Even if he's retired senior persons may know him.

• Like 2

As you know, things change - people move, people pass away... if not in violation of the rules there are alot of people on this forum and someone will probably know of him if he has been here a while and you are allowed to post the name... give it a try. 

your headline says looking for a Thai friend - but your post implies not Thai... you might want to clarify this though the name should do that. I have found it difficult to locate Thai people I knew long ago. 

Edited by kenk24
  • Like 1

Please don't post any identifying data.   The rule on missing persons is pretty clear.   If someone has some assistance that doesn't belong on the open forum, use the PM function.  

Here's the rule:  

19) You will not post missing or looking for person or information about any person, except with the explicit approval of admin by contacting support https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/contact 

All the rules can be found here:   https://forum.thaivisa.com/terms/

• Like 1

Some really good advice out there, really try to look in offline places for something like that. How do you really go about that ? Some science journals should have some links to that things in reality. They could really help in something like that.