AUD is 21.84THB lowest ever recorded

2 hours ago, Catoni said:

455 billion dollars in reserve?

Load of rubbish.    There are other figures out there too stating diff amounts  bottom line  nothing is getting sold/exported  rice rubber cars   whatever  because ...let ne guess

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

What are you talking about - you're talking utter nonsense. Thailand has one of the largest cash reserves in the world - Last year it stood at $455,000,000,000 (that's BILLIONS) - and its grown since then.

Stop making it up just because you want it to be the case.

But you do not know this,these figures are nothing but hot air, junta figures.   talk now of another army coup,now that feels about right when the populist elected govt.get control ,see if the figures stand up to scrutiny,and if they did,another coup would wipe the figures overnight

9 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Its becoming a joke, but a reality on how asia may  overtake the west, the currency may have been the whole time undervalued.

nope, lowest ever was 20.951 on wednesday oct 1st, 2008.

AUD THB.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, madmen said:

I think it may end up testing that low within a few years. I have a condo ready to sell in BKK for a big profit on exchange rate alone but now is not the right time.

When it does happen I will head back to oz where the dollar is still worth a dollar and Im guessing many here will do the same thing

and find out that the "dollar now" does not buy what the "dollar then" used to buy. yawnnnn...:coffee1:

18 minutes ago, Naam said:

nope, lowest ever was 20.951 on wednesday oct 1st, 2008.

AUD THB.jpg

It was 19-20 back on the mid 1990s, 16-17 in the early 1990s

Edited by Peterw42

3 hours ago, Farang99 said:

And 39.5 to the £. I think that is the first time it has gone through the 40 floor

but that will change with Brexit when the revived British Empire, free of the EU shackles, will deal with the rest of this world and most probably the alpha and delta quadrant. then one Pound will buy 4 €URos or a fistful of US-Dollars. Captain Picard and the crew of Enterprise are standing by to explore new trading horizons once Downing Street #10 gets its gear together.

:smile:  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Catoni said:
4 hours ago, Benroon said:

and $455,000,000,000 in reserve - as much as I would like to see the baht come unstuck, you're talking nonsense. They've also just RISEN in the world economic rankings

I said a while ago Brits would be dreaming of 40 baht to the pound soon

455 billion dollars in reserve?

Baht.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, oxysong said:

Not showing?  but the country is,its flat broke,no advertising  the giant billboards are empty,exports virtually on its back,house loans under scrutiny again,  Id say Thailand is heading for another coup

büllshite² :smile:

46 minutes ago, oxysong said:

Load of rubbish.    There are other figures out there too stating diff amounts  bottom line  nothing is getting sold/exported  rice rubber cars   whatever  because ...let ne guess

more büll from you!

Total exports from Thailand by value in 2017 amounted to 236.69 billion U.S. Dollars. this was 9.89 % higher than exports in 2016 at 215.33 billion U.S. Dollars.

In 2018 total exports from Thailand were valued at 252.486 billion U.S. dollar, an increase of 6.7 % compared to the previous year.

Below are listed the most important export products by value in U.S Dollar for 2018.
Some comments :

Car exports, including accessories and parts, motorcycles, have are main export products from Thailand. The country was listed as 12th in the list of countries with the highest car (including commercial vehicles) production in 2014.

Computer related products (automatic data processing, electronic integrated circuits), as well as chemical products (when including ethylene and propylene) are major export products. Export of chemical products by value increased by more than 20% in 2017 (compared to 2016), and again by 23 % in 2018 (compared to 2017). Ethylene and propylene products increased exports by 19 % in 2018, indicating the importance of Thailand petrochemical industry.

Rubber and rubber products feature large, Thailand being the prime rubber producer in the world.

Compared to industrial manufactured goods, exports of food products (while a big chunk of the population is still working in the food industry) are more limited in value : fish (tuna, shrimp), tapioca and rice are most prominent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

What are you talking about - you're talking utter nonsense. Thailand has one of the largest cash reserves in the world - Last year it stood at $455,000,000,000 (that's BILLIONS) - and its grown since then.

Stop making it up just because you want it to be the case.

there... there... :smile:

Foreign Exchange Reserves in Thailand increased to 211000 USD Million in April from 209700 USD Million in March of 2019.

Edited by Naam

6 minutes ago, Naam said:

yes, but that was a different century and a different millenium. :smile:

I recall backpacking mid 80s and a 100 baht was exactly $5 AU. Made everything easy. 100 Baht did go a little further back then, lol

I can let you in on a little secret, the exchange rate is directly linked to when I need to bring in large amounts. 400K for marrige extension middle of this month, so it will bounce back a couple of days after that. A new bike towards the end of the year so expect another drop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Farang99 said:

And 39.5 to the £. I think that is the first time it has gone through the 40 

Nope.  And if you were here pre 1880 the rate was only 8 baht to one £

134174922_ScreenShot2019-06-01at21_01_30.png.da385de38d1f8cb657d7f881188a0c15.png

Edited by yodsak

5 hours ago, Benroon said:

and $455,000,000,000 in reserve - as much as I would like to see the baht come unstuck, you're talking nonsense. They've also just RISEN in the world economic rankings

I said a while ago Brits would be dreaming of 40 baht to the pound soon

12 23px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png Thailand 212,183 Mar 2019    Id day sumfink like454787817 OTT   
Edited by oxysong

3 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Good time to liquidate Thai assets or cash in order to buy depressed Aust real estate at a great exchange rate. I am sure some people will thrive in the current economic environment.

I did the calculations the other day, I originally brought over $45,000 to buy a condo, presuming I could sell for around what I bought it for, I would take home $70,000.

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I recall backpacking mid 80s and a 100 baht was exactly $5 AU. Made everything easy. 100 Baht did go a little further back then, lol

I can let you in on a little secret, the exchange rate is directly linked to when I need to bring in large amounts. 400K for marrige extension middle of this month, so it will bounce back a couple of days after that. A new bike towards the end of the year so expect another drop.

Can you give us more precise dates so we can get our timing right.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Can you give us more precise dates so we can get our timing right.

I should do the right thing and move back to Australia and help everyone out, lol

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I did the calculations the other day, I originally brought over $45,000 to buy a condo, presuming I could sell for around what I bought it for, I would take home $70,000.

Yeah plenty of people who thought they couldnt afford to go home might be suprised at what 30% extra on the exchange rate gets them. 

Australia will keep its dollar low as it is hunting for exports.

It is not bothered by the situation with the Thai baht-nor is it overly concerned (understatement) with the fate of its expats in Thailand.

It would probably say (if they thought about it).."If you can't hack it,come home!"

Australia-and Australians-are totally over Thailand.

4 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Australia will keep its dollar low as it is hunting for exports.

It is not bothered by the situation with the Thai baht-nor is it overly concerned (understatement) with the fate of its expats in Thailand.

It would probably say (if they thought about it).."If you can't hack it,come home!"

Australia-and Australians-are totally over Thailand.

You mean Australia is a currency manipulator like China?  I didn't know they could do that.  I thought the market controlled the price of Aussie dollars.  Nice to know that really you Aussies are in control of your own destruction.  I was feeling sorry for you. 

• Like 1

It's the Thai Baht that is strengthening against most currencies like Aussie, British Pound, Chinese Yuan, Canadian dollar.

Thailand is not cheap anymore so there might be an exodus of 'farang' in the future.

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes .... it's still better than australia. imo

I’m American and I’ve seen a lot of great places in OZ...

Sydney and Melbourne both are awesome been out in

the countryside.... beautiful 

as well in Thailand has great areas...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I like you.

You are honest.

Can you pass on-from me- to your other mates who are flogging condo's, that they are honest too?