Bride slammed over ‘table cloth’ wedding dress by woman who is accused of ‘plus size shaming’

snoop1130

Bride slammed over ‘table cloth’ wedding dress by woman who is accused of ‘plus size shaming’

By Lauren Clark

Capture.JPG

A bride has been slammed for her "table cloth" wedding dressCredit: Facebook

A BRIDE has been slammed for wearing a wedding dress that resembles a "table cloth" and looks like it has been "made from curtains".

The woman's choice of white frock for her big day sparked a lengthy debate online over whether friends should have told her it was "unflattering" - but others said the comments were "plus size shaming".

Posting in the Facebook group That's It, I'm Wedding Shaming, a woman from Norway shared a photo of the anonymous bride taking a mirror selfie in her chosen dress, and suggested she should have been told not to wear the "nightgown" dress.

The picture divided members of the group, with more than 900 leaving comments.

Full Story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/9203459/bride-table-cloth-wedding-dress-plus-size/

I don’t agree with shaming people, but those that go around saying their bodies are beautiful the way they are as being “normal” or “acceptable” need to be educated that they are unhealthy and at risk of multiple medical issues. 

• Like 1

Fat shaming could be considered as 'bullying', which I would never condone. However... sending out messages that it's alright to be fat is even worse. Ill health should never be supported or encouraged. I was on the Nike homepage today and noticed they are using fat girls to model sportswear, clearly in an attempt to be 'progressive', 'inclusive', 'politically correct', etc.

That's just telling young girls it's ok to be fat!