Video: Brit loses his holiday money to ladyboy in Pattaya

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr O'Malley was drunk, they said, adding that this sort of thing damages Pattaya's image

Bit late on that front .. The bolted horse is in the next county already .. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He had 500 pounds (worth about 20,000) baht lifted from his person. 

Did it fall on him as it was unsecured .? Sorry sorry .. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

collecting the empties I suppose, just like I did when I was a kid to get 3d back on every Corona bottle.

Was Corona invented before decimalisation?

I used to get refunds on Ale bottles in the late 70's, but lager hadn't really taken off

in the UK back then, ladies used to drink half pints of it in the lounge bar.

4 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

I used to get refunds on Ale bottles in the late 70's, but lager hadn't really taken off

I am talking about Corona soft drink bottles that had those fancy clip tops. Decimalisation was only in 1971, I'm talking about the 50s

19 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

In the early 1920s Evans decided to re-brand his soft drinks and chose the name Corona.

source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona_(soft_drink) 

Decimalisation was 15th February 1971.

Never heard of anything like this ever happening before...outrageous...a person actually stealing something belonging to another person. What is happening to the world at all...next we'll be hearing stories about someone actually having the nerve to steal a person's phone?

8 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Hardly.. He was walking in the street and got pick pocketed.. He wasn't in his hotel room with a couple of lady boys and a gram of charlie !!!

He seemed to be doing a lot of standing around heading nowhere. 

These  LB need to be curbed.....

I am sorry.  Did I miss the part where he tried to stop her?

If you spread your wings like a chicken, yes ... your going to get plucked.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Silly bugger O' Malley, carrying 500 quid on your self in walking street is totally braindead.

I've noticed that whenever someone gets robbed in Thailand it almost always will be said to be for an unusually large amount of cash and/or jewelry. Everyone, it seems, walks around with hundreds of dollars in their pocket and has ten times that stashed back in their hotel room.

Edited by suzannegoh
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

As funny as this might seem it's another example of confidential & somewhat embarrassing detail entering public domain that would frankly lead to sackings and litigation just about anywhere else.

But you face defamation is you publish a video of a Thai driver breaking half a dozen laws when it shows a license plate - but publish this for world-wide consumption and all is well.  Just slightly hypocritical, but TIT.

• Like 2

Anthony O'Malley from England should win "the most stupid tourist in Pattaya reward". Walking around drunk as a skunk with 500£ in his pocket @ Walking Street is like asking to be robbed. I bet this is not his first time getting lifted.   And the miscreant must be found and prosecuted. (with 500 bath fine and a slap on the wrist).

14 minutes ago, UASCB500BIKER said:

Old news,,Happens every Night in Pattaya......

Agree, and only the ones who report they're stupidity get laugh at and get to watch themselves in the news as total idiots. 

10 minutes ago, Miss Pickle said:

Who takes 500 pounds out in a wallet when they are going drinking  looks like a very stupid Farang does he not know anything about Pattaya.

Someone who, quite rightly, doesn't trust the safe in his hotel room.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

As funny as this might seem it's another example of confidential & somewhat embarrassing detail entering public domain that would frankly lead to sackings and litigation just about anywhere else.

What are you talking about ? This doesn't make sense.