Finnish expat shows motorists driving through blocked rail crossing in Si Sa Ket

webfact

I started watching thinking something alongside "brainless idiots", but realistically the stupid ones are those planning the rail blocks. There is zero reason for the blocks to be engaged 2-3 minutes prior to the train arrival. If they engaged them closer to the actual arrival there wouldn't be anyone rushing around them.

Also- that the blocks only cover half of the road and make it easy to go around them is stupid - make them across the entire road so cars can't circumvent them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

the barrier on each side blocked off only the lane close to the side of the road, leaving the other lane open.

the next we hear of this Finnish busybody, he'll probably be out standing in the open lane blocking the traffic while demanding the Thais stop. 

Of course, the only one to get onto real trouble with the BiB, is the Finnish driver!

The article descibes him using a dashboard camera, but really was doing a handheld (Phone?) camera video...

so as he is on the road, even though standstill; he'd generally be asumed to be standing with key in ignition, with engine running (idle)

naughty falang, will be the outcoming decision...

and the best part was actually at the point the video ends!

... the gate comes up, and both the Finn, and the somchai both start moving forward.

one guess who'd be forced to give way, eh!

best alternative reality scenario during the period of idiots passing throughto the point of No return; would be to have a set of horns, that mimic that of a locomotive. The brown skid mark on somchais seat will mean a big job for mrs somchai when (if) he makes it home!

• Like 1

No train, no problem. The gates should drop 15-20 seconds before the train arrives or the drivers will do what Thai drivers do and cut between the gates. 

11 hours ago, tifino said:

Of course, the only one to get onto real trouble with the BiB, is the Finnish driver!

The article descibes him using a dashboard camera, but really was doing a handheld (Phone?) camera video...

so as he is on the road, even though standstill; he'd generally be asumed to be standing with key in ignition, with engine running (idle)

naughty falang, will be the outcoming decision...

and the best part was actually at the point the video ends!

... the gate comes up, and both the Finn, and the somchai both start moving forward.

one guess who'd be forced to give way, eh!

best alternative reality scenario during the period of idiots passing throughto the point of No return; would be to have a set of horns, that mimic that of a locomotive. The brown skid mark on somchais seat will mean a big job for mrs somchai when (if) he makes it home!

What a brilliant idea! can download and play through an external speaker. i'm on it.

12 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

the next we hear of this Finnish busybody, he'll probably be out standing in the open lane blocking the traffic while demanding the Thais stop. 

or one could stop on the open side and block all the idiots ????

18 hours ago, 30la said:

Unfortunately, the reality is, road safety education in Thailand is zero, let's not be surprised if the dead on the road are number one in the world, the police are NOT present, the education for the license is non-existent, the arrogance and the rudeness that takes more and more space among the population.

I think i now know why they drive like this, they are made to watch the safety vids but they misunderstand, and think that's how they should drive. :cheesy:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 3:03 PM, bluesofa said:

Yeah, but they need to get to the front of the queue and if possible jump it, for no good reason.

I see the same with motorbikes at traffic lights - they all push their way to the front. As soon as the light turns green - they're off! At a brakeneck s-l-o-w  s-p-e-e-d.

I get to the front on my motorbike in order to be away first and accelerate off, away from the other crawling motorcyclists.

Wouldn't that be about the time the red light runners coming from the other direction are there?   I was warned on arrival in Thailand that the first off at the traffic lights faced the biggest risk.

On 6/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, bluesofa said:

I see the same with motorbikes at traffic lights - they all push their way to the front. As soon as the light turns green - they're off! At a brakeneck s-l-o-w  s-p-e-e-d.

The car and truck drivers are no better, they don't believe in haste when pulling away from traffic lights and there certainly not going to move over for you. :shock1:

21 minutes ago, CGW said:

The car and truck drivers are no better, they don't believe in haste when pulling away from traffic lights and there certainly not going to move over for you. :shock1:

There is good reason to not pull away in haste when the lights turn green and that is the people who try to beat the lights that have changed to red.

Most drivers have seen it happen and have no desire to be the victim of such behaviour. 

31 minutes ago, JamJar said:

There is good reason to not pull away in haste when the lights turn green and that is the people who try to beat the lights that have changed to red.

Most drivers have seen it happen and have no desire to be the victim of such behaviour. 

Yes, I realise that, but what about the person behind them, and the person behind them, are they expecting the same consequence?