Female MP under fire for wearing black and white jacket

snoop1130

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

MPs and senators attending the meeting to select the next prime minister wore black, while Pannika wore black and a white blazer.

In the village, mourners wear anything from black, to black and white, to blue jeans, to khaki shorts.  

Much ado over nothing.  Khun "VanDegraaff Generator Hairstyle" is just taking a piss.

MP Kannika's outfit is respectful if not rather attractive on this young lady.  I'm thinking some walking cadaver is jealous.  

6 hours ago, BobbyL said:

The land of uniforms and colours that people should wear. Sad. 

We consistantly hear about how evil foreigners disrespect Buddhism and Thai culture by wearing 'inappropriate clothing."

Live here long enough, live in rural Thailand, and you'll understand that it's all BS and trite nonsense. 

The wife and I went to a annual gathering of villagers at the local Buddhist Chedi to pay homage and 'throw water' (Song Naam) on the Chedi.  
Clothing styles ranged from what the Mrs and I worn (white), as well as many conservatively dress villagers (most old to elderly) to villagers wearing sports shorts and T-shirts, short-skirts and skimpy tops.  Quite a few of the latter where drunk - at a Buddhist ceremony, but this is not unusual.  Immerse yourself in the Thai culture and you'll see the xenophobia and dual-standards, and hypocrisy.  But to be honest, a lot of that is emanating from urban Thais. The "my poop doesn't stink" crowd that wears the patina of respectability and status, but under that thin vale are corrupt the the core - but they are the first to point the finger as well.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, londonthai said:

nobody is listening to the junta, nobody wears black or any other colour by order. I have observed it since 5.12.2017. By chance I put yellow tshirt and was looked upon as an alien

Not sure where you live, but last month I saw the majority of Thais wearing yellow.

I think in Bangkok most office workers are under peer pressure to follow the government "rules" about wearing certain colours at certain times.

5 minutes ago, petedk said:

Not sure where you live, but last month I saw the majority of Thais wearing yellow.

I think in Bangkok most office workers are under peer pressure to follow the government "rules" about wearing certain colours at certain times.

Yes because they fear not doing so. Government workers have to or... bye bye to promotions, raises or even your job.

They have to keep you 'orderly' wearing what they say, standing up when they say, singing when they say and on the floor grovelling when they say. Will take decades to change all that brainwashing.

29 minutes ago, petedk said:

one thing Ive noticed of late is that not many people bother to stand up in the local "talad nad" when the national anthem is played anymore and this is young and old.. In days gone by, the whole place would come to a standstill. This is in Bangkok. 

Thais like the Japanese stuck in the past and not at all relevant to the 21st C.

Thais for wearing a different colour every day and the Japs for insisting women wear hi-heels.

The mentality is disturbing to say the least.

1 hour ago, nikmar said:

one thing Ive noticed of late is that not many people bother to stand up in the local "talad nad" when the national anthem is played anymore and this is young and old.. In days gone by, the whole place would come to a standstill. This is in Bangkok. 

Bet the same folk would stop foreigners for not respecting the national anthem even if it meant beating the crap out of them.

1 hour ago, nikmar said:

not too much yellow for the coronation amongst those who could choose.

very little yellow and purple for the birthday.

- a passive pushback against control?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, petedk said:

Not sure where you live.But in Bangkok the suggestion Thais should wear yellow was ignored by most.Civil servants tended to obey.Office workers contrary to your statement were mostly indifferent.

This woman with the funny hair was the one that stood by the army on the phoney bomb detectors. As a scientist she declared that everything cannot be explained by science. That was after the detector failed tests and the army general blamed the failed tests on the soldier not feeling well. Atleast she got ample reward for her lies. The sad part is that there are still people in jail because this phoney detector "showed" they handled drugs or guns or explosives. Karma is howevet a bitch.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

41 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Not sure where you live.But in Bangkok the suggestion Thais should wear yellow was ignored by most.Civil servants tended to obey.Office workers contrary to your statement were mostly indifferent.

You must live in a different area of Bangkok to me, yellow was everywhere where I live. 

• Like 1