MPs ‘offered millions’ to vote for Prayut

webfact

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

Do you live here? Do you know anything about how politics works here? Have you not read about the billions of baht going missing in every government since the constitution began?

I suggest you have some carrot juice. Maybe it will open your eyes wide enough, so you can see past those rose tinted spectacles you are wearing.

You do know that there is no word for logic in the Thai Language, don't you???? ????

Yes, yes and yes. ตรรกะ is the Thai word for logic.

Now why don't you stop asking irrelevant questions and try answering mine?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

If there is sufficient evidence to convict someone on a bribery and corruption charge, any libel threat becomes irrelevant.

No it doesn't under Thai law. Defamation, whether true or not, is also a criminal as well as civil offence. 

This ain't Kansas Toto!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thequietman said:

Don't be naive for christ's sake!   These are the 13 that we know about!

Do you think those others that accepted are going to step forward?

Think before you type.

Do you see the irony in this response to a poster?

• Confused 1

From my impressions (and I could be wrong), most Thais would think there is nothing wrong with this kind of thing.... it seems morally acceptable to offer and take bribes here... just like a purchases of goods from a shop.

You are correct.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I will stand by and say that my postings a few years back were hopeful to say the least. They have since been proven to be misled and faintly optimistic

All bets are off now with the future of this nation.......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Are the people bribing MPs going to be held responsible for being caught bribing officials? When MPs speak, people should listen, including police and other officials. Is this a chance for Thailand to turn this election around and get an honest person in?

• Like 1

On the bottom line in the streets money was paid to vote for Pryut, I know because the Thai people in Our Area Samut prakan , where given baht 500 each to vote for him , all took the money and then voted for the other guy.

Edited by Thongkorn
  • Like 1

He, the untouchable dictator, won the vote months, possibly years  ago.

Army personel hold key positions in government as appointed  by an unelected, untoutable dictator, under marshall law,  who is now PM, which comes as no surprise, so in essance the country is still ruled by the army, marshall law, dictatorship, as it has been since the 1930s, except for those very rare and short periods of democracy, or so called, but really othing has changed in decades except the b...!

Offering sums of money for votes is not uncommon and sadly those imdiviuals who have and are trying  to legally oppose the dictator and make change are probably pulled to one side and advised to rethink their agenda or else...

Consider getting  your finances, investments, belongimgs and so on sorted for a possible speedy departure.

• Like 1

My opinion? Great bullshit:
1. It was already clear before the elections that the General would remain prime minister!
2. Show me a person in this world who would reject such a figure, especially if rich!
3. Why are the complainants unable to produce evidence?
4. Who should have paid all those millions?
It's just another way to advertise, nobody believes it.