Thanathorn: “We were robbed of victory!”

webfact

10 hours ago, PatOngo said:

don't think they will. So long as they have rice to eat today, everything will be ok!

Maybe in the country side but definetely not in cities. 

And there is the majority/young, educated.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Your first paragraph cites the availibilty of free speech, is that entirely accurate for this country under the current conditions?......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

No. There are definitely limits. 112 and unfair, antiquated defamation laws prevent total freedom of speech. However, I was referring to other posters being able to share their opinions. Another poster inferred that they should not share their views on politics and the election.

• Like 2

No. There are definitely limits. 112 and unfair, antiquated defamation laws prevent total freedom of speech. However, I was referring to other posters being able to share their opinions. Another poster inferred that they should not share their views on politics and the election.
Thats a fair comment and reply, [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Next time, educate yourself on this country and its politics and elite/amart.

Read the books you cannot buy here, next time you are in your home country.

Not heard much about the sufficiency economy lately.

The great economist John Kenneth Galbraith wrote of one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy i.e. a search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

It always involves internal contradictions and even a few absurdities. The conspicuously wealthy turn up urging the character-building value of privation for the poor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The military stepped in 5 years ago in a coup to take control, or as they say stop the fighting as it seemed to have no end.

As time went by the new "job" seemed to be interesting so they moved in a bit more furniture to make it homely.

The new look suited them nicely, so moved in the relatives, postponed election after election until all the chess pieces were in place then proceeded to have a fair election!

All that's happened is the incumbent leaders exchanged uniforms for suits... the mindset & policies will be the same... watch Thailand stagnate over the next 5 years, the rich/poor divide grow wider & commerce take a dive... these are neither business men not politicians, they are generals in pinstripe who bark orders and expect people to jump!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Sick to death of the crowing of the white privileged crowd on how this country should be run, extrapolating their country's view on 'democracy' as the cure for all that ails Thailand, what bullshit. You renounced your British citizenship? Yea, I have a family here, does that make me a hero to be able to advise all that I see wrong? Couldn't care less what paper hoops you dove through you're still a white man from England and that's all you'll ever be over here. 

This is the equivalent of an old geezer shouting at the TV......sick to death is slightly over-egging the pudding methinks !

On 6/6/2019 at 1:31 PM, sammieuk1 said:

I suspect the next stone faced general is at the advanced planning stage of a military coup now there is a democratically bought elected government ???? 

Could well be true, in fact rather surprising the ruthless and outspoken Army chief is so quiet.

55 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Could well be true, in fact rather surprising the ruthless and outspoken Army chief is so quiet.

Still got the hump over being sacked as boss of the lottery?

Who is it - the Spanish - who say "revenge is a dish best eaten cold"?

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Quiet and maybe for good reason, a quiet short comment from his boss - like behave (or else) works wonders. 

9 hours ago, JAG said:

Yes, except that I would suggest that "stepping in to stop the fighting" was a cover story - after all they were instrumental in creating and sustaining the conditions which allowed the fighting.

I would also suggest that this was long in the planning, at least since it became obvious that Abhisit was going to lose to Yingluck in the 2011 election. Very likely, the germ of the idea, for what is effectively a rather close copy of the Myanmar/Burma style regime goes back a lot further.

Reasonable comment with maybe a lot of truth to it, but rest assured the whole truth will never be forthcoming. 

37 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Quiet and maybe for good reason, a quiet short comment from his boss - like behave (or else) works wonders. 

Could be true but the Army chief is from a different and hard nosed faction (Army officer school class) which I've read before would love to challenge P's faction.

18 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Could be true but the Army chief is from a different and hard nosed faction (Army officer school class) which I've read before would love to challenge P's faction.

Only if and when the word is ever passed down, which we can only assume has always been the case. 

Edited by Artisi