Promptpay 1 bank per mobile limitation

Promptpay only allows one bank account per mobile number and IDs are not usable for another promptpay account for foreigners. Is there any option for linking more than one promptpay account to different bank accounts then? Only option I see is buying another phone number.

I linked my PromptPay to 2 banks.

1 Bank is connected with my phone number and 1 bank with my ID.

But actually why need 2 banks, as the poster before write. You can use as many banks as you want to pay. Only for receiving money it's important.. and later on you can transfer the money if you need to to your desired bank.

I only have 2, because my main bank not accept my ID for PromptPay, as I opened my account at that time with passport. That's the whole reason why I have 2 banks connected with PromptPay. If my main would accept ID as well I would connect both with same. So actually my ID only connects with second because of Playing around ????

42 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

You need Promptpay for QR payments.

QR payments are the only option for Deemoney payments from most Thai banks.

OK, thanks for clarification.

But even with this, one PromptPay Account still would be sufficient. 

One option for you (maybe). When you need another bank, can you not only switch the mobile number to the PromptPay account of the other bank? I never tried it, and not know how long you have to wait for the changes take affect. But maybe worth a try.

7 hours ago, Hal65 said:

You need Promptpay for QR payments.

QR payments are the only option for Deemoney payments from most Thai banks.

I'm "not" enrolled in PromptPay with any of my Thai banks, but I make QR payment for my DeeMoney transfers....also make bar code/QR payment of most of my monthly utility bills.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 6:56 PM, Pib said:

I'm "not" enrolled in PromptPay with any of my Thai banks, but I make QR payment for my DeeMoney transfers....also make bar code/QR payment of most of my monthly utility bills.

Same here. As long as you don't want to receive PromptPay payments sent to your phone number, there's no need to enroll.