TM30 Reporting on Return to Thailand, - Again !

I know that this has been done to death, but I am still confused and I bet I am not the only one. When I first moved into my new house, 2 years ago, I filled out a TM30.  The slip is stapled into my passport. I have been out of the country 4 times since then, for up to 10 days at a time, and I have not filled in another TM30.  I have had two Extensions of Stay in that time and a few 90 day reports and no IO has challenged that I only have only made the initial TM30 report and have never renewed it. I report to the Jomtien Office.

Anyone else followed this path, or been advised differently by Immigration, or been challenged and fined in similar circumstances?   Just the Jomtien Office please, as it does seem to vary between different offices.  

I am in pretty much the same situation. Except I have never ever done a TM30 for myself. I live in my own place, for 10 years now. 

I have no intention of doing one until challenged during some other procedure at immigration. Although I will do 90 day reports on-line to minimize that.

Chill out and wallow in the ease of Chonburi Immigration. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Chill out and wallow in the ease of Chonburi Immigration.

As they did at CW, until they started enforcing the law and then until they complied other services were refused as well as being fined.

NongKhai

EVERY time one comes back into the country (non-o re-entry related) one needs to appear @ immigration office (same day if possible) to acknowledge that upon return one stay's at the same address, then i.o prints out a new notification of reporting an address date and off you go, in case one DOESN'T leaves the country the address date turns out to be the 90 day reporting day......as i was told last week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hgma said:

NongKhai

EVERY time one comes back into the country (non-o re-entry related) one needs to appear @ immigration office (same day if possible) to acknowledge that upon return one stay's at the same address, then i.o prints out a new notification of reporting an address date and off you go, in case one DOESN'T leaves the country the address date turns out to be the 90 day reporting day......as i was told last week.

Say what....appear at immigration office. 

• Haha 1

It seems a lot of people forgot the 1979 Immigation act, this TM30 reporting is about 40 year old :

Section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.
The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:

• In person at the respective office, or
  • Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
  • By registered mail, or
  • Via internet.

On 6/8/2019 at 6:09 PM, ubonjoe said:

Jomtien has not been wanting a TM30 report for those on long stay extensions. That seems to be how it has been for you.

I agree Jomtien have not wanted TM30 reports for people on long stay extensions but there have been one or two recent reports of people being fined for not doing one.........and at Si Racha, who are part of the same Chonburi Immigration department, it  certainly has been a requirement.

When I had to visit the UK last year I checked with Si Racha to ask about the TM30 requirements on my return. They told me it was necessary and, when I went there with my TM30, the TM30 office at the rear of the building was packed out, both with people returning to Thailand and people being fined for not doing/doing a late TM30 report.

And, when my daughter and her family came to stay on holiday with us in April, Si Racha again said filing a TM30 for them was a necessity.

With both Jomtien and Si Racha both being part of the same Chonburi Immigration department I guess it can go one of two ways in the future, either Si Racha will relax their requirements OR Jomtien will tighten up on theirs in the future. And I know where my money would be. 

3 hours ago, egypte said:

It seems a lot of people forgot the 1979 Immigation act, this TM30 reporting is about 40 year old :

Section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.
The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:

• In person at the respective office, or
  • Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
  • By registered mail, or
  • Via internet.

Can you explain why post this rubbish. Most are aware of requirements. Its more now about specific imm office local enforcement. For example I and many others have lived los MANY years and never done tm30. CW best example. Your post nonsense. Cut and paste something else.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you explain why post this rubbish. Most are aware of requirements. Its more now about specific imm office local enforcement. For example I and many others have lived los MANY years and never done tm30. CW best example. Your post nonsense. Cut and paste something else.

Many foreigners are not aware of the requirements, because they were never enforced for many years when staying in a private residence and for sure even fewer have read the Immigration Act.

When I first entered Thailand and filed a TM30 at Amnat, the IO's thought it rather amusing and stated I was the only foreigner that had ever followed the law. The following year when doing my extension they were fining every Tom, Dick and Harry for not filing a TM30.

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Many foreigners are not aware of the requirements, because they were never enforced for many years when staying in a private residence and for sure even fewer have read the Immigration Act.

When I first entered Thailand and filed a TM30 at Amnat, the IO's thought it rather amusing and stated I was the only foreigner that had ever followed the law. The following year when doing my extension they were fining every Tom, Dick and Harry for not filing a TM30.

I suppose that you should be proud of making things difficult for everybody except that it was not you. People have insisted in this forum on reporting on a TM 30 for a long time and now it seems Immigration has taken it up as a nice little earner. If you read the Immigration Act you will see that if you can not stay where you have told Immigration you are staying then you must inform Immigration within twenty four hours of arriving at the new address.  Immigration take your address from the landing card. 

5 hours ago, tgeezer said:

I suppose that you should be proud of making things difficult for everybody except that it was not you. People have insisted in this forum on reporting on a TM 30 for a long time and now it seems Immigration has taken it up as a nice little earner.

They started enforcing it 6 years ago in Isaan.

If you read the Immigration Act you will see that if you can not stay where you have told Immigration you are staying then you must inform Immigration within twenty four hours of arriving at the new address. 

That's section 37, not section 38 and the TM30.

Immigration take your address from the landing card. 

Then they want confirmation when you arrive at that address.

Quite often you state your registered residential address, then stay overnight or longer at a hotel, before arriving at the place stated on your arrival card, when you should then file the TM30.

18 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Quite often you state your registered residential address, then stay overnight or longer at a hotel, before arriving at the place stated on your arrival card, when you should then file the TM30.

Also, with the limited space available on the arrival card, the full address isn't always written down properly.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

They started enforcing it 6 years ago in Isaan.

That's section 37, not section 38 and the TM30.

I am afraid whether in English or Thai it is section 38 of 1979 Immigration act.

Thai Immigration Act - Engl.pdf Thai Immigration Act - Thai.pdf

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Say what....appear at immigration office. 

I have left the country a few times and never reported back to immigration, i.e. because I wasn't aware that I had too, however upon my last extension they pickup that I had been out of the country a few times and said very sturnly that when I leave the country, even though I get a re-entry permit, I MUST return to the immigration office as soon as I arrive home.

The above said, I am in the north-east and always enter via Phuket where I have a weeks holiday and then make my way home, so I said oh, ok, so a week later then, no, you MUST go to the police station and advise them you have returned and they will provide you with a letter to give to us when you return.

So that' the plan in October for me, don't want to piiissss the IO's off, doing a good job with me, always polite and quick.

Edited by 4MyEgo

On 6/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, hgma said:

NongKhai

In all honesty, I have never filled in a TM30 or don't even know how one looks like or even been an immigration office in over 5 years as I just do my Non O in Savhanakhet, leaving the country every 90 day cycle year after year without any problems or questions ever asked. Maybe one day my days will be numbered and Il get stopped by immigration, but living in a small village 30 minutes north of Kalasin with a very small minority of expats compare to other big issan city's like Udon, Khoen Kean, etc I cant see it happening any time soon, that's even with the new Kalasin immigration office that just recently opened..Why fix something if it don't broke