Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Video: Crafty old farang steals a Thai's money at supermarket checkout

webfact

1 minute ago, JamJar said:

You've been watching too much fictional TV if you believe such nonsense.

How many 'lawyers' do you know personally? Have any of them advised you that they could put up a reasoned defence of his actions? 

Hell yeah..Even a very average lawyer could do that.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Destiny1990 said:

Oh I could not see clearly what amount the banknote has.

again your accusations of criminal and thief  lack proof.

you can say he say if fall but he can say he say it lay on the floor.

how you know what he saw?

You are joking, aren't you? Up to the fourteen second mark, he is looking at the cashier. As soon as she drops the note, he sees it. His head moves to the right and follows the note to the floor. Not just his eyes, but his whole head. That, together with all the rest of his actions, makes it all very clear to all....apart from yourself and Bazle.

9 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Oh I could not see clearly what amount the banknote has.

again your accusations of criminal and thief  lack proof.

you can say he saw it fall but he can say he saw it lay on the floor.

how you know what he saw?

You are 1 of the only people trying to defend him, can i ask is that a photo of you?

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You are 1 of the only people trying to defend him, can i ask is that a photo of you?

Probably not. Destiny1990 comes from a James Belushi film and he uses the term lawyer. So unless the man in the video is from North America, I doubt that it is he.

There are plenty of stories published of honest people returning what is not theirs, and those that steal from others. Where a person is from has no bearing as to their honesty or lack thereof. The same goes for those who judge and pass sentence from the keyboard.

22 hours ago, mstevens said:

If you saw someone drop money in a situation like that and didn't mention it to them and rather surreptitiously picked it up and kept it for yourself, that in my mind is the same as stealing it. Shameful, that man!

Agreed but:

What's more shameful is the supermarket still using plastic bags... !!!!!

8 minutes ago, Benmart said:

There are plenty of stories published of honest people returning what is not theirs, and those that steal from others. Where a person is from has no bearing as to their honesty or lack thereof. The same goes for those who judge and pass sentence from the keyboard.

Does anyone know what this is all about?

At a keyboard is the perfect place to judge in this case, as one can study the video. 

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Calling him a criminal and a thief is way over the top.

Where is your  proof that he knows the 100 bht banknote on the floor is belonging to the Thai lady infront of him??

If i am in a supermarket and there is a banknote on the floor then maybe if my back allows then i will pick it up too and put it in my pocket.

That would be theft. It belongs to the supermarket like everything else on store property.

You're the dishonest type that can be easily set up for a sting and/or caught with CCTV like the dishonest subject of this thread. You don't shoplift as a hobby do you?

I am wondering if some of the replies on here are from people who have never seen a Thai bank note before !

Either that or they have not watched the video!

A 100 baht note is red and the one that falls to the floor clearly is not red. 

The note that falls is the one below

1000back.jpg

11 hours ago, I am More Thai Than You said:

Well I guess we can count him out as a Canadian then. Those pasty legs, ample girth and choice of no frills brand of loo roll lead this sleuth to conclude our man is British!

I think the pasty legs give away his DNA as originating somewhere in the "Archipelago", although he may well also be a Canadian national!?

Subspecies: Expaticus Decrepitus

Foraging nocturnally for insects????????????

11 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I expect we will soon hear from the British Ambassador to Thailand ...

"Impossible, no Brit would ever do such a thing".

...or maybe a broken Aussie, just noticed that the A$$ is continuing it's spiral towards sub 20/A$? Or Egbert from Tilberg after pondering the Bureau rates still falling towards 34/Euro.????

14 hours ago, Odisan said:

Totally different situation. With yours you have no idea who it belongs to. Here, he's deliberately stealing from that woman.

Yes agreed, like many TV'ers I've done the right thing many times here, in 7/11 usually.

3 hours ago, marquis22 said:

Let's run a poll

I say a 20

The lady that dropped the note has already confirmed that it was a 1000 baht note. She says it was 2 notes stuck together and was a total of 2000 baht she lost.

However if you want to start a poll then please do 555

Hopefully this slob will be quickly identified and his fat ugly picture posted on TV and at shops. Placing a foot on coins and notes is an offence and should be investigated by the police . Please Thailand, deport this walking dog vomit soonest.

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Quite right... You are more Thai than him... You didn't get the sarcasm... 

Haha that is funny. It is in fact you Richard who missed the sarcasm. Next time I will add a two paragraph disclaimer at the bottom stating my intended use of sarcasm. That way we cover all levels of intellect.

He did seem as excited about that stunt as he's ever likely to get.

Oldies got game!

Look at that fancy foot move.

Look at the bend maneuver and then the pickup.

Look at the eye scanning after the fact.

Obviously unplanned. OK, I wouldn't have done that but you're kidding yourselves if you don't think lots of people foreign and Thai would!

On 6/11/2019 at 7:44 AM, mstevens said:

If you saw someone drop money in a situation like that and didn't mention it to them and rather surreptitiously picked it up and kept it for yourself, that in my mind is the same as stealing it. Shameful, that man!

Quite agree. At his age and he land up with a shameful  situations which can't be excused .of wasn't that he must found it he could see that the lady had accidentally dropped it.

11 hours ago, SunsetT said:

How low can you get!!!

When I first came to Thailand on a teaching course they said never ever step on a banknote, say to stop it blowing away, because, as there is a picture of a king on it, it is an insult to the monarchy and u could be prosecuted and jailed for it. Well I hope this slime ball gets the full force of the law thrown at him for such a small-minded despicable theft as this which gives us all a bad name.

Yes... that old chestnut.

Sometimes when I want to ride the ragged edge of Thai cultural impropriety, in the privacy of my own home, I will KNOWINGLY stand on a 1 baht coin just for the vicarious thrill of it all. Sometimes, if I feel really wild, I will do it to a 20 baht note.

Repeatedly!

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

He did seem as excited about that stunt as he's ever likely to get.

Oldies got game!

Look at that fancy foot move.

Look at the bend maneuver and then the pickup.

Look at the eye scanning after the fact.

Obviously unplanned. OK, I wouldn't have done that but you're kidding yourselves if you don't think lots of people foreign and Thai would!

Yes, he could hardly contain himself. I bet he grabbed the first motorcycle taxi he could, shot up to Le Telephone and bought a couple of lady drinks.

I know I would have.

17 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Now that his face is on social media, for stepping onto the face of the king showing disrespect, maybe he be fined 2000tb. 

What on earth are you talking about? He is a thief, should be punished as a thief and no more. As for what you suggest. Drivel!!!

4 minutes ago, Peterhua said:
17 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Now that his face is on social media, for stepping onto the face of the king showing disrespect, maybe he be fined 2000tb. 

What on earth are you talking about? He is a thief, should be punished as a thief and no more. As for what you suggest. Drivel!!!

Indeed... some just like to feign greater offense at an action of impropriety that some 'pished up self confessed encyclopaedia of all things Thai' told them on their first night here...  Or because they were once in a room with a hookers who feigned shock and outrage at such things and then they themselves have learnt to show how 'Thai' they have become...  

What a wonderful understanding and at 'one-ness' with Thailand such foreigners have..... they know to be outraged that someone has had the despicable gall to step on a note...   those awful foreigners should be deported, they don't even go around eating insects or wai-ing everyone from school kids to waiters....  Oh the outrage !!!!....  

[Yes for the benefit of those who don't identify it - sarcasm involved]

Archived