Video: Crafty old farang steals a Thai's money at supermarket checkout

webfact

5 hours ago, mlkik said:

The lady that dropped the note has already confirmed that it was a 1000 baht note. She says it was 2 notes stuck together and was a total of 2000 baht she lost.

However if you want to start a poll then please do 555

So let's get silly here - from "maybe a 20 baht note" to "it was a 20 baht note" to "looks more like a 1000 baht note to me" to the lady herself "confirming that it was a 1000 baht note" that suddenly became 2 notes stuck together so it was 2000 baht! If there was a 5000 baht denomination note - the mind boggles!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

That would be theft. It belongs to the supermarket like everything else on store property.

You're the dishonest type that can be easily set up for a sting and/or caught with CCTV like the dishonest subject of this thread. You don't shoplift as a hobby do you?

Last year i found  on my way out a 1000 bht bank note on the floor of an elevator of the Hilton hotel Pattaya. We just been there for their lunch buffet.

There wasn’t anyone else in the elevator besides my friend and my self.

I picked it up and kept it and already spend it but I forgot what i bought with it.

So now i am a criminal and a shop lifter for you?

Last year i found  on my way out a 1000 bht bank note on the floor of an elevator of the Hilton hotel Pattaya. We just been there for their lunch buffet.
There wasn’t anyone else in the elevator besides my friend and my self.
I picked it up and kept it and already spend it but I forgot what i bought with it.
So now i am a criminal and a shop lifter for you?
Of course not! Not the same thing at all. Cash found that is unidentifiable. Now if had been in a wallet with ID that would be different.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

Damn, I wish that I had been there and seen it happen. I would have loved to slap the old fart silly. We farang sometimes get a bad rap in Thailand and sometime we deserve it. We need to be proactive and police our kind and, I use the term "our kind' in a very broad way.

a broad way would be quite apt here

On 6/11/2019 at 7:45 AM, worgeordie said:

Things are really getting desperate for some older expats,

what was it 20 thb !,

regards worgeordie

399,000 more times and he will 800,000 baht, enough to renew visa

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

Thank you Mr Elderly Thief. Thanks to people like you, all the elderly farangs now will be considered thieves. You should be ashamed of yourself.

vivid imagination award to u

Just now, observer90210 said:

Thank you Mr Elderly Thief. Thanks to people like you, all the elderly farangs now will be considered thieves. You should be ashamed of yourself.

You don't think all Thai's are stupid because you met one stupid Thai, right?

You don't think all Thai girls are hookers because you talked to a Thai hooker in a bar, right?

Then there is no need to assume Thai's will tar all westerners with the same brush and associate us with this thief.

It is quite fortunate that in general Westerners are still judged by Thai's based on our own individual merits rather than the behavior of a negative minority. I find Thai's to be extremely forgiving in their generalizations, particularly when dealing with people face to face. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

You don't think all Thai's are stupid because you met one stupid Thai, right?

You don't think all Thai girls are hookers because you talked to a Thai hooker in a bar, right?

Then there is no need to assume Thai's will tar all westerners with the same brush and associate us with this thief.

It is quite fortunate that in general Westerners are still judged by Thai's based on our own individual merits rather than the behavior of a negative minority. I find Thai's to be extremely forgiving in their generalizations, particularly when dealing with people face to face. 

Obviously not.

But many people are not as wise as you dear fellow....starting with the farangs here in Thailand....

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

with full humility, may I say that vivid imagination has led the world to many fine (and horrible) things in our daily lives and beyond. have a nice evening.

regarding thais now thinkingvall elderlyvfarang arevthieves

It's clear on the video that he saw it fall. Not only that, it is clear that he waited for her to leave and also checked to see if she saw him pick it up. You would see that if you viewed the video.
You clearly viewed the video if you are asserting that it was a 100 baht note.
What's your agenda here? A friend of yours?

It looks very bad, he even moves closer to invade her space so she moves away. A thief and an predatory animal, probably stealing his whole life and other anti-social behaviors and crimes.
Hope he is caught soon experiences some Thai Jail fun. Let the courts punish him then and deport. Blacklist for life.

1 minute ago, I am More Thai Than You said:

After witnessing all this outrage and vitriol spewing from our TV members I am left feeling troubled. Just imagine the pure carnage on here if our plump, pale and unfashionable subject commited a real crime!

Sure I get what you're saying. It's an over the top reaction. But it was a real crime. He saw who dropped the money and intentionally stole the money. 

On 6/10/2019 at 7:48 PM, colinneil said:

Silly old bugger, it is on social media, so everybody who knows him might see it, and then he will get some stick.:cheesy:????️‍♀️

comment removed, it has been beaten to death about him stepping on it.  Mea Culpa.

above post says they will meet over it...........I hope something good comes out of it for a change......................I know someone (farang) that bought a load of lumber from a large company, they scanned the item and he was only charged for one sheet, should he have gone back to the company and asked to be charged for the other 24 sheets of plywood??   Thats a tough one......................

4 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I know someone (farang) that bought a load of lumber from a large company, they scanned the item and he was only charged for one sheet, should he have gone back to the company and asked to be charged for the other 24 sheets of plywood? 

Yep.

12 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

It looks very bad, he even moves closer to invade her space so she moves away. A thief and an predatory animal, probably stealing his whole life and other anti-social behaviors and crimes.
Hope he is caught soon experiences some Thai Jail fun. Let the courts punish him then and deport. Blacklist for life.

Probably one of the Great Train Robbers in retirement mode! 

Aren't we blowing this out of all proportion yet?

On 6/12/2019 at 11:09 AM, mlkik said:

The lady that dropped the note has already confirmed that it was a 1000 baht note. She says it was 2 notes stuck together and was a total of 2000 baht she lost.

However if you want to start a poll then please do 555

You say "ee-ther" and I say "eye-ther",
You say "nee-ther" and I say "ny-ther";
Ee-ther, eye-ther, nee-ther, ny-ther!
Let's call the whole thing off!

????

Well he escaped without even a penalty, just had to pay back the money to the girl And I believe no police was involved. 
So he can return to his happy life in Pattaya. His mates, if he got any will probably have some funny discussions over this for the next months, 

Archived