Video: Crafty old farang steals a Thai's money at supermarket checkout

webfact

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, I am More Thai Than You said:
1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Why on earth did the supermarket let that old tramp into the shop?

Need to employ door staff..... ????

Why not? Thai people have a right to shop in supermarkets as well.

Quite right... You are more Thai than him... You didn't get the sarcasm... 

1 hour ago, Pasuwan said:

Name and Shame. Then deport. Thai people don't earn much money and having this old Farang steal the lady money is disgusting. 

Yup,

Name, shame and deport, hang, draw and quarter, firing squad, the electric chair is OK,  and do anything you feel you need to do EXCEPT reveal his nationality if he is BRITISH or we will never hear the bloody end of it.

How low can you get!!!

When I first came to Thailand on a teaching course they said never ever step on a banknote, say to stop it blowing away, because, as there is a picture of a king on it, it is an insult to the monarchy and u could be prosecuted and jailed for it. Well I hope this slime ball gets the full force of the law thrown at him for such a small-minded despicable theft as this which gives us all a bad name.

12 minutes ago, Bazle said:

(There appear to be two threads running on this. I have already posted this on the other one.)

I feel really sorry for the guy because he is innocent!

Look at the video ON A BIG SCREEN from the 10 second mark. He drops a note, which blows forward to where the woman was standing. Rather than chase after it, he waited for the woman to move away, then put his foot on it, and later picked it up.

So from which hand of his did it drop? The one that is holding the basket? ????  It's certainly not from the other. Just stop it. It's clear that it comes from her.

16 minutes ago, Bazle said:

(There appear to be two threads running on this. I have already posted this on the other one.)

I feel really sorry for the guy because he is innocent!

Look at the video ON A BIG SCREEN from the 10 second mark. He drops a note, which blows forward to where the woman was standing. Rather than chase after it, he waited for the woman to move away, then put his foot on it, and later picked it up.

The only reason we are seeing this video is because the Thai Lady went back to Friendship looking for her money.

16 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The guy started to get nervous/excited when he saw the money drop and quickly moved in to cover the note when he had chance.
Looks like he knew exactly what he was doing and probably done similar before !

Most of us would simply point out to the lady she had dropped something irrespective of country/gender/religion etc , it’s the right thing to do !!

I have no sympathy for this guy when the BIB comes a knockin’ on his door.

Yeah, you could literally sense his excitement as he moved closer and closer to the lady hoping she would move on before she noticed. 

We're at all times with a klepto nearby. My son is one with a history. He wanted me to pick up a 1 baht coin in a 7/11. I had to remind him that it was property of the 7/11 and would have to be paid for like any other item in the store. I shouldn't have had to remind him.

Assuming this guy is yet to be caught / has not yet been identified, he really ought to seize the moment and surrender himself. Odds are he is a Pattaya local and odds are he will be identified.

Probably the best thing he could do would be to go to the police station, surrender himself, say that it was a big mistake and that he is terribly sorry, wishes to return the money to the lady and ask for forgiveness. If he does that before he is identified and the cops come looking for him then there's a good chance he will be able to work it out. Thais are forgiving in situations like this if they believe the perpetrator is genuinely contrite.

13 minutes ago, mstevens said:

Assuming this guy is yet to be caught / has not yet been identified, he really ought to seize the moment and surrender himself. Odds are he is a Pattaya local and odds are he will be identified.

Probably the best thing he could do would be to go to the police station, surrender himself, say that it was a big mistake and that he is terribly sorry and ask for forgiveness. If he does that before he is identified and the cops come looking for him then there's a good chance he will be able to work it out. Thais are forgiving in situations like this if they believe the perpetrator is genuinely contrite.

He'd be better off calling the girl and giving her her money back., together with an apology. Going to the police station might cost him even more.

If he cannot find her himself, he can drop me a PM and I'll give him a few pointers, without revealing here who he is.

Whatever is in a PM, stays private.

Let this be a warning to all criminal cheapskates living in Pattaya.

There are cameras everywhere and you will not get away with stealing , even if it's only 100 baht.

This old man is now on Youtube and Facebook , probably for the rest of his life. And he should relocate asap, I doubt his friends will have anything to do with him after this, unless theire all crooks.

1.jpg.828316dfb074ea30f69000c322c85082.j

11 minutes ago, balo said:

Let this be a warning to all criminal cheapskates living in Pattaya.

There are cameras everywhere and you will not get away with stealing , even if it's only 100 baht.

This old man is now on Youtube and Facebook , probably for the rest of his life. And he should relocate asap, I doubt his friends will have anything to do with him after this, unless theire all crooks.

1.jpg.828316dfb074ea30f69000c322c85082.j

Calling him a criminal and a thief is way over the top.

Where is your  proof that he knows the 100 bht banknote on the floor is belonging to the Thai lady infront of him??

If i am in a supermarket and there is a banknote on the floor then maybe if my back allows then i will pick it up too and put it in my pocket.

12 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Calling him a criminal and a thief is way over the top.

Where is your  proof that he knows the 100 bht banknote on the floor is belonging to the Thai lady infront of him??

If i am in a supermarket and there is a banknote on the floor then maybe if my back allows then i will pick it up too and put it in my pocket.

It's clear on the video that he saw it fall. Not only that, it is clear that he waited for her to leave and also checked to see if she saw him pick it up. You would see that if you viewed the video.

You clearly viewed the video if you are asserting that it was a 100 baht note.

What's your agenda here? A friend of yours?

39 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Do you know the man personally ? As already pointed out, the evidence is in the video. And it was 1000 baht.

33 minutes ago, JamJar said:

It's clear on the video that he saw it fall. Not only that, it is clear that he waited for her to leave and also checked to see if she saw him pick it up. You would see that if you viewed the video.

You clearly viewed the video if you are asserting that it was a 100 baht note.

What's your agenda here? A friend of yours?

Never seen that fat farang.

But in court any lawyer would destroy the case that you try to build.

17 minutes ago, balo said:

Do you know the man personally ? As already pointed out, the evidence is in the video. And it was 1000 baht.

Oh I could not see clearly what amount the banknote has.

again your accusations of criminal and thief  lack proof.

you can say he saw it fall but he can say he saw it lay on the floor.

how you know what he saw?

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Never seen that fat farang.

But in court any lawyer would destroy the case that you try to build.

You've been watching too much fictional TV if you believe such nonsense.

How many 'lawyers' do you know personally? Have any of them advised you that they could put up a reasoned defence of his actions? 

Archived