Update bank book on the same day

I have the 800,000 in a 6-month time deposit account. Interest is booked every 6 months from the day of deposit. 
To extend my residence permit, I will bring a certificate from my bank from the same day. Immigration, however, also requires the bank book with an entry from that day.
However, an update of the bank book prints older interest credits to me at most, but not from the day of the update.
I cannot withdraw small amounts from this account via ATM to force a current booking nor can I deposit small amounts.
How do I get a booking for the deadline?

Hello,

It's simple.
The day you have the letter drawn up at the bank, you deposit, at the counter, to the person who writes this proof, the sum of 100 B which will be reported on your booklet.
The sum of the booklet and the bank letter will be identical.
I did it last year, for Hua Hin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sirocco said:

Hello,

It's simple.
The day you have the letter drawn up at the bank, you deposit, at the counter, to the person who writes this proof, the sum of 100 B which will be reported on your booklet.

Can you explain this in another way. I also decided to open fixed term account. I cannot deposit into this account. Same situation as op. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you explain this in another way. I also decided to open fixed term account. I cannot deposit into this account. Same situation as op. 

With Bangkok bank you can just update the passbook on the day.

With other banks you have to make a small deposit to the account at the counter, which then updates the passbook to current date.

9 minutes ago, sirocco said:

Hello,

It's simple.

They told me I can deposit 10,000 Baht but not 100.

• Like 1

Go to the bank on the morning and explain what you need. Maybe leaving yourself wiggle room with your current visa if all goes wrong. 

You say in your post that you can’t make small withdrawals or deposits .. in my experience with kasikorn, this was not necessary. You didn’t mention what bank.

I called the customer helpline the day prior and made sure everything was possible and that if i had an issue I knew I could let the helpline handle my request. They have experience in these matters.

Next day, was in the queue at opening time, I explained what I needed, it took one attempt to get the letter right and a couple of hours later I had what I needed.

Which was a letter, a statement and a bank book with the same figure and date on.

Edited by recom273

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

With Bangkok bank you can just update the passbook on the day.

With other banks you have to make a small deposit to the account at the counter, which then updates the passbook to current date.

Sorry KrungThai, I will move to Bangkok Bank.

I believe it was @Sheryl who had this issue with her FD account at a certain bank. 

If the bank issues a letter saying that same account has that balance on the day perhaps that will satisfy them! 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Next day, was in the queue at opening time, I explained what I needed, it took one attempt to get the letter right and a couple of hours later I had what I needed.

It took a special call to Customer Service and two hours wait for Kasikorn bank to print a letter and update your bank Book?

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, recom273 said:

You got the letter - but what about the bank book? how was it updated to the exact day?

4 minutes ago, thpitsch said:

They told me I can deposit 10,000 Baht but not 100.

This does not sound like a 'Fixed Term' account.

Tell me, can you withdraw money instantly, or do you have to give notice to make a withdrawal.

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If the bank issues a letter saying that same account has that balance on the day perhaps that will satisfy them! 

Jomtien always ask for the letter AND the bank book with an entry on the same day

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I believe it was Sheryl who had this issue with her FD account at a certain bank. 

In the past like many others I just had 800+ in savings a/c. Went to CW for the extension...bank same building.....200 for the letter and 100 deposit for update. The bank provides letter and photocopy of updated bankbook last page.

Now I have 800 in 12 month fixed term. Same situation as OP

Just now, thpitsch said:

Jomtien always ask for the letter AND the bank book with an entry on the same day

I understand that, and personally do not have that problem. I use Bangkok Bank, their machine puts a line in with the same date on my FD account book. Nevertheless I think Jomtiem might accept this. 

Just now, sfokevin said:

It took two hours for Kasikorn bank to print a letter and update your bank Book?

Yeah, lol .. they had never done it before, so it took a bit of explaining.

You’d think there would be a standard letter on a server somewhere. 

They presented the first letter after I explained that it needed to say “had in excess of .. for a period greater than .. months” Which they left out.

They tried to find the number of immigration and failed, in the end they did as I asked and even still they got the date wrong. When we got to finally present out paperwork at 3.00 pm it was refused. 

Just saying, the OP should go, talk - there are people who can help.

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

This does not sound like a 'Fixed Term' account.

Tell me, can you withdraw money instantly, or do you have to give notice to make a withdrawal.

It is a 6 month fixed deposit account with KrungThai and is accepted by immigration. I may have the money at my disposal at any time (losing interest), but I don't have an ATM card.

11 minutes ago, thpitsch said:

Sorry KrungThai, I will move to Bangkok Bank.

Be careful with moving bank, you need to leave 400,000 in all the time, if you take 800,000 out and move it to another bank you will for a time have nothing in your account.

2 minutes ago, sirocco said:

10,000 b ?????
When you open an account, 1000 b are enough.
Now everything depends on the banks.
I am at the SCB, and 100 b were enough (one hundred b).

As stated, this is a Fixed Term Deposit account and likely has different restrictions. For EG a FD account at Bangkok Bank has a minimum deposit of 2000 baht

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

As stated, this is a Fixed Term Deposit account and likely has different restrictions. For EG a FD account at Bangkok Bank has a minimum deposit of 2000 baht

True Jack. My "new" K-bank required minimum  because it is a FIXED term ac. OP is asking, as I am, can you deposit into a fixed term a/c on the day. Say 100baht

Edited by DrJack54

8 minutes ago, thpitsch said:

It is a 6 month fixed deposit account with KrungThai and is accepted by immigration. I may have the money at my disposal at any time (losing interest), but I don't have an ATM card.

Thanks.

Just spoken to the SIL who is an assistant branch manager at Krungthai.

The minimum deposit to open a fixed term account is 10,000 baht.

There's been a complete misunderstanding with what you required.

Ha....my tgf who thinks I'm chatting just asked who I typing to. When I explained her reply..."jack why you so stupid. You can put money in that account but if take out interest go. You ting tong". I will go to bank later and ask 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, berybert said:

Be careful with moving bank, you need to leave 400,000 in all the time, if you take 800,000 out and move it to another bank you will for a time have nothing in your account.

Open the account with a minimum deposit at BKK first, then transfer the funds.

That way the money is in an account at all times.

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

True Jack. My "new" K-bank required minimum  because it is a FIXED term ac. OP is asking, as I am, can you deposit into a fixed term a/c on the day. Say 100baht

That would make for a rather messy FD interest to calculate. A single large deposit and a few 100 baht ones with different dates. I recall I was able to move a lump sum from my savings account to my FD account via Internet Banking and the FD account then showed as multiple blocks of money, different maturing dates. I would expect the 2000 baht limit to apply.

Anyhow, I am with Bangkok Bank and no issues when updating a FD passbook. 

Edited by jacko45k

Never had an issue with Bangkok bank in 7 years.

I updated my Fixed term passbook and obtained the relevant letter for Immigration in just 10 minutes earlier this week. No messing around with deposits or withdrawals to update.

100 BHT for the letter.

Can one put a Bangkok Bank 12 month fixed deposit bank book in any update machine (yourself) and get it updated or do you need to go to a branch and have them do the update?

Edited by sfokevin

5 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Can one put a Bangkok Bank 12 month fixed deposit bank book in any update machine (yourself) and get it updated or do you need to go to a branch and have them do the update?

You can use the machines just fine.