Falang tv,does your wife watch it?

A long time ago i was in a relationship with a Thai girl who only ever watched Thai soaps, but my Thai wife hates it,except the news,she much prefers to read,if she ever watched tv its stuff i download,can you believe she loves Doc Martin and Frazier ,i know hard to believe ,what about your other half.?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes. While Mrs BM watches the usual Thai soaps, she watches a lot of English/American programmes with me. She likes action programmes particularly those with strong female characters so her favourites include Nikita, Queen of the South, The Blacklist, Blindspot, Hawaii Five-0 but number one is GoT. Recent likes include Into the Badlands and Warrior, also historical dramas like The White Queen and The White Princess, Vikings and The Last Kingdom.

I sometimes have to explain some of the more complex plot twists (if I can) but she certainly enjoys all of the aforementioned. 

My gf ignores the TV, but is addicted to her phone and social media.

At bedtime I make my 8yo son turn off the TV and my 30yo gf turn off her phone.

Otherwise I'd never get any sleep.

They both complain and whine at bedtime, but I'm firm.

My wife enjoyed Doc Martin too, loved it even more when I took her to Port Wenn !! (Port Isaac)

She saw and could relate to everything and was soooooo pleased with her trip there to see it all for "real"  ???? got me major brownie points !!!

My wife watches the news  and the morning current affair shows. She also likes Doc Martin a great deal The kids are always on their phones watching that slapstick humour or cartoons suitable only for four year old's usually at full volume . Drives me crazy the sound effects  .I try to steer them to documentary's but they are not interested .

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Well some may say being firm at bedtime is a good thing.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Well some may say being firm at bedtime is a good thing.

Thankfully in nearly 8 years together (6 years here and 2 in England) I can only recall one time where she watched a Thai program. It was some famous Thai horror movie.

Everything we watch is in English. 

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Yes. While Mrs BM watches the usual Thai soaps, she watches a lot of English/American programmes with me. She likes action programmes particularly those with strong female characters so her favourites include Nikita, Queen of the South, The Blacklist, Blindspot, Hawaii Five-0 but number one is GoT. Recent likes include Into the Badlands and Warrior, also historical dramas like The White Queen and The White Princess, Vikings and The Last Kingdom.

I sometimes have to explain some of the more complex plot twists (if I can) but she certainly enjoys all of the aforementioned. 

My wife speaks very little English but loves Thai soaps and any action movies. Only Western series she was addicted to was GoT. Watched every episode. Her nickname is Gom (midget) so had a particular affinity with the dwarf - handsome man!

my wife watches soaps but she also enjoys movies with subtitles. she does not speak English. 

I like reading.. doc martin and Frazier too... it sounds like you have a nice wife. 

Thank you,actually she is very nice and intelligent,also a marathon trail runner.

She got into British tv when we lived in the UK for 8 years.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, kenk24 said:

my wife watches soaps but she also enjoys movies with subtitles. she does not speak English. 

I like reading.. doc martin and Frazier too... it sounds like you have a nice wife. 

If anyone is watching Doc Martin on Netflix, be aware that they miss out the last season, just like

many other TV series that they screen, another example is When Calls the Heart, that is why I chucked it.

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I don't watch it never mind my wife.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If anyone is watching Doc Martin on Netflix, be aware that they miss out the last season, just like

many other TV series that they screen, another example is When Calls the Heart, that is why I chucked it.

How would you know if you don't watch it? 555

1 hour ago, xen said:

My wife watches the news  and the morning current affair shows. She also likes Doc Martin a great deal The kids are always on their phones watching that slapstick humour or cartoons suitable only for four year old's usually at full volume . Drives me crazy the sound effects  .I try to steer them to documentary's but they are not interested .

Luckily there are quiet areas I can find in and around the house, otherwise child exclusion zones would have to be put in place to counteract the noise from multiple family children watching TV and you tube clips as they arrive for free access to our wifi!! Luckily they can use from outside the house!!

I occasionally watch netflix, Wife tends to fall asleep to Thai soaps in the evening and might catch up an hour over lunch the following day, everybody enjoys Mr Bean of course.

17 minutes ago, petemoss said:

How would you know if you don't watch it? 555

What do you mean "if I don't watch it"? I used to have Netflix and watched the shows I mentioned, and also others, Netflix may be OK for movies, but they are taking money under false pretences by not completing the shows what you are paying for.

We´re watching everythin from foreign movies ans series to thai slapstick, soaps, japanese game shows and news in all kind of languages. Mostly in bed, which makes whatever is on secondary anyway. Great to only have TV in the bedroom. I really recommend all to try it. ????????

My Mrs watches the usual Thai soaps which I have discussed with her as being pretty banal and based on too much sex & violence, the sex is fairly subtle in as much as they just gaze into each others eyes and maybe the occasional Thai sniff that passes for a kiss ???? The violence however is a different kettle of fish, and to be honest I think it sends completely the wrong message to the viewing public that this is acceptable behaviour and is unfortunately witnessed on a daily basis by the reports that we see on here.

The other stuff she watches are English speaking movies with Thai subtitles, and she also watches a lot of Western cookery programmes which explains my ever increasing waistline as she then has to experiment and I'm the Guinea Pig for her creations ???? Happy days.

Archived