Hunt on for taxi driver charging 1,500 baht from Don Mueang airport to downtown Bangkok

webfact

4 hours ago, Razek said:

2000 DonMuang ti Pattaya ..and 200 Bath for the driver for taking the shortest and fastest way.

...although there is only one way to pattaya 555555

There's a 'tourist' guy we call Andy Cap in Kan whose mini bus charge is about twice as much to Swampy as to Pattaya and it goes past Swampy to get there!! ????????????

• Haha 2

The hunt is on - thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my day.

I missed a flight a month ago as I could not get a taxi from Impact (I attended the Thaifex exhibition) to Don Meuang; a trip which takes 15 minutes through some backroads which I've been doing before many times.

The cheapest was B 500; the most expensive was B 1200 - some did not even stop as they had picked up some other victims earlier on. For B 500 I finally had to settle and the guy had to get a refill on liquid gas or something despite me telling him that he had 30 minutes time to get me to the airport.

I got off at Don Meuang and just walked away, left him with the open door; shouting an commotion - I bought a new ticket and will never ever attend any function at Impact anymore.

While the clowns buy submarines and plan new aircraft purchases for a de-facto bankrupt national airline they cannot manage to get basics right like public transport access to its biggest exhibition ground or break the taxi mafia's back!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

The driver was willing to waste 30 minutes and gas, going back to the airport and then go to the back of the taxi queue,  because the tourist wouldn't let him rip the family off.

Ofcourse, there is always an idiot willing to cough up 1500 bath for a 250 Baht drive.  So if he is able to catch a falang or 2 even 1 his day is good. I can imagine he only does this for the falang and charges Thai the normal rate.

Where and how do I report a cheating taxi driver.  I was looking for a GRAB at 6PM at Immigration Bangkok when the only taxi quoted me 200b to take me to IT square.  I promptly took a photo of his ID placard and the license plate.  

I'd like to report him.

28 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Where and how do I report a cheating taxi driver.  I was looking for a GRAB at 6PM at Immigration Bangkok when the only taxi quoted me 200b to take me to IT square.  I promptly took a photo of his ID placard and the license plate.  

I'd like to report him.

Don't bother. I called the number once and was told to call the tourist police. I called the tourist police and they told me to call the taxi complaint number. IF calling the number had any effect, do you think the drivers would still refuse to use their meter. The number is just for show and has no real purpose.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, THE REVERAND said:

When I go to either airport once I get into a cab I ask them is your meter working o.k. and can you turn it on please.  A smile after this question is never given. Put the trains on at both airport 24 hours per day is the solution. 

I had a taxi driver at Swampy refuse to use the meter when I asked before getting in the taxi. He said no, I walked away and he called me back and said okay. Then he drove a long roundabout way to my destination to make the fare what he had quoted to begin with. Memo to self - just keep walking next time.