Elite Visa do I need to file a TM30

I have the lifetime Thai Eilte SE visa which means I am required to file an extension of stay every 3 months. I usually file at the N1 section at changwattana and I am wondering if I will need to file a TM30 as well this time. As far as I can tell the elite visa is just a glorified tourist visa so even though I can stay here as long as I like without leaving the country I don’t “live” here like someone on a retirement or marriage visa.

A second question is do I have to go to Changwattana to get my extension of stay or can I go to Phetchaburi or Hua Hin immigration as even though I generally stay in Bangkok I spend a bit of time in Hua Hin/Cha-am districts 

• Like 1

Many did 90 day reporting without one recently, do you go there in person or send them?

They prolly won't fine the elite agent on your behalf, if u aren't there it's hard to fine you -.-

But in general, yes you are also required to have a tm30

The TE liaison did my 90 day report for me at CW at the end of last month. I had no TM30 receipt (I've never been asked for a TM30 and I have never submitted one in all the years I've lived in Thailand) and the TE rep was still able to do the the 90 day report on my behalf sans TM30.

What happens next time I need to do the 90 day report is anyone's guess, I suppose.

I'm not sure if this was just a "one-time deal" or whether I can expect the same result every time.

Registered with the online TM30 reporting site on 5/23 - still waiting for approval.

As a side note, it's ironic that a background check by TI is required for the TE visa - yet, apparently, the successful completion of this check still isn't enough to assure the powers that be that I'm a "good guy."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, humbug said:

is this another wind up elite thread, not living on a visa like marriage or retirement, glorified tourist visa, jeez, you can say marriage and retirement visas are glorified tourist visas as well, as for the living here,its a life time visa which has been set to 90 day extensions, the newer ones are  12 month extensions, funny you mention n1, no one ever apart from myself mentions n1 section on here, and as n1 section is also education section, up until now there hasnt been any mention of tm30 to get an extension before you do the 90 day report, something fishy about this thread

Nothing fishy i’m Only asking because there are a plethora of other threads saying CW needs the TM30 but none of them mentioned elite visas. I have been using the N1 section for 10 years and can remember when it was a sleepy little counter that predominantly handled diplomats. Then the students came and it became a total zoo. For a while they had an elite poster on the glass outside the first counter and they would give priority processing for elite but sometime during big jokes reign it was removed and there was/is no priority. Even when you get there at the open it’s unlikely that you can get processed before they break for lunch as the IO’s give priority to agents with huge bricks of passports from “students” . 

Thats why I was asking if I can just use Hua Hin or Phetchaburi immigration instead of CW.  From what I can gather the Elite visa is more like a tourist visa rather than a visa for retirement or marriage. My SE visa only allows 3 month extensions which means I can’t get a 5 year license etc. So i’m Wondering if it’s like any other 3 month extension where you can go to any immigration when you are traveling and get an extension. Does anyone know if that’s the case.

• Like 1

Do you have the 20 year SE membership ?

If so each visa is for 5 years and on each entry you get a 1 year permission to stay, not 90 days !

You have to report every 90 days, not extend.

If you wish to stay at the end of 1 year, you extend your permission to stay by paying the fee and that is when the TM30 is likely to me required.

• Like 1

I'm leaning toward yes, you do need to file TM30.  I was at immigration in Kalasin yesterday as I was told by Thai Elite I needed to bring a TM0 receipt to Bangkok or Immigration would not put in my Elite Visa.

Here is the exact email I received from ThailandElite,

Greetings from Thailand Elite Member Contact Center.

Thank you very much for your information; we are delighted to have the opportunity to serve you.

With regards to your inquiry, you can make a reservation for affixing 1st Thailand Elite Visa at Immigration Bureau in Chaeng Wattana at least 5 working days in advance (which means, it will be available from 26 June 2019 onward if you make a reservation today).

- Please confirm if the visa you're holding now is Tourist Visa.

- Before coming to Bangkok to affix the visa, we need yo remind you about TM30. Please find details as following;

Notification of residence of foreigners for businesses (TM30)

The Landlord Notification Receipt, or TM30, is an important document that all foreigners are required to have while staying in Thailand.  It is the responsibility of your landlord or landlady (the owner of the place you're staying) to notify the Immigration in that area when any foreigner stays at his or her property within 24 hours.  If your landlord or landlady doesn't do the report, he or she will be fined 800-1,600 Baht.

Once the report is done, there will be a TM30 receipt. You will have to bring the TM30 receipt with you to contact with the immigration office on any matter. 

Without TM30 report receipt, you won't be able to affix Thailand Elite Visa at the immigration bureau. The immigration bureau will not allow you to do any activity if you do not have a TM30 receipt. Therefore, no service can, or will, be provided if your landlord has not done TM30 for you.

Here are the documents your landlord or landlady will have to prepare:  

A copy of his or her photo ID – signed in BLUE ink
A copy of the title deed (house registration book) for his or her property where you are staying – signed in BLUE ink
A copy of the rental contract Complete a TM30 form, signed in BLUE Ink

Here are the items you need to provide:
A copy of your passport photo page signed in BLUE Ink
A copy of the visa page in your passport signed in BLUE Ink
A copy of the most recent entry stamp in your passport signed in BLUE Ink
A copy of your Departure Card (TM6), which you should keep in your passport signed in BLUE Ink

The example form of TM30 is as attached. We are very sorry to inform you that Thailand Elite cannot offer service on this matter, as it's the landlord duty to report your presence.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

---I do not have the lifetime membership, but the 20 year.  I hope this helps.  I should mention, I asked if I fly out of Thailand and back into one of the airports where they can give you the visa at the airport, the TM30 was not required to get the visa, but was still responsible for the owner of the property where I stay to file it.  (They tried to fine the family I stay with in Kalasin 2500 baht for not filing the report within 24 hours of me being in Kalasin.)

2 hours ago, The Fat Controller said:

Do you have the 20 year SE membership ?

If so each visa is for 5 years and on each entry you get a 1 year permission to stay, not 90 days !

You have to report every 90 days, not extend.

If you wish to stay at the end of 1 year, you extend your permission to stay by paying the fee and that is when the TM30 is likely to me required.

He has the original Thai Elite visa that only allows 90 day entries or extensions applied for at immigration.

The one year entries became available in 2013 when the PE visa was started.

It think he may have the lifetime Thai Elite membership that was available long ago.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

Well @ubonjoe, he did mention the "SE" version right at the beginning, which I am looking at for the future and that is certainly 4 X 5 year visas allowing a year per entry.

The SE visa was the original Thai Elite visa that only allows 90 day entries and extensions.

The one that allows one year entries is the PE (privileged elite) visa.

Although I would never in a million years get an Elite Visa no matter how rich I am, it seems people are buying an Elite Visa, paying 500.000 Bt for five years, and getting nothing at the end of it, it seems there are still complications even after giving away 500.000Bt. The mind sure boggles.

Is there nothing uncomplicated where Thai immigration is concerned? It really seems the best way to go now is to use an agent. ????

Yes I have the original elite SE visa which is renewable every 5 years for life. It requires me to get an extension of stay every 3 months. I think the new elite visas are called PE visas. Historically I tried to change it to a 20 year visa but it all got mixed up as elite neglected to tell me I needed to enter by Bangkok airport. I tried to do it a second time at Bangkok airport but the elite rep did not show with the correct paperwork. I wanted to change to a 20 year to get the 1 year extension rather than 3 month.

So my question remains can I go to any immigration office to extend my stay and if I wanted to start using Hua Hin or Phetchaburi what would I need to do 

3 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

Unborn Joe is correct the 5/10/20 year visas plans are PE visas and the lifetime plan is a SE visa. All elite visa are 5 years but the plans allow for extensions of varying length. Only the lifetime plan is a SE visa. They do not issue lifetime plans any more.

7 minutes ago, AJBangkok said:

Yes I have the original elite SE visa which is renewable every 5 years for life. It requires me to get an extension of stay every 3 months. I think the new elite visas are called PE visas. Historically I tried to change it to a 20 year visa but it all got mixed up as elite neglected to tell me I needed to enter by Bangkok airport. I tried to do it a second time at Bangkok airport but the elite rep did not show with the correct paperwork. I wanted to change to a 20 year to get the 1 year extension rather than 3 month.

So my question remains can I go to any immigration office to extend my stay and if I wanted to start using Hua Hin or Phetchaburi what would I need to do 

Don't and if you are crazy to do it still - sell it to me instead and i buy you the 20 year one ????

1 hour ago, AJBangkok said:

Unborn Joe is correct the 5/10/20 year visas plans are PE visas and the lifetime plan is a SE visa. All elite visa are 5 years but the plans allow for extensions of varying length. Only the lifetime plan is a SE visa. They do not issue lifetime plans any more.

Well, the latest ELITE SUPERIORITY EXTENSION MEMBERSHIP certainly has "SE" stamped on the card.

Have a look at the link, all are ELITE XXX XXX MEMBERSHIPS

That's why I queried it.

11 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

Well, the latest ELITE SUPERIORITY EXTENSION MEMBERSHIP certainly has "SE" stamped on the card.

But what does the visa sticker have on it?

I am sure it has PE on it.

As, I said, I am considering it for the near future, so all I have been doing is quoting from the website.

Maybe a member who has a recent Superiority Extension can tell us what his/her passport sticker looks like.

Apologies to the OP for getting a bit off track, I hope you get a definitive answer to your tricky question, all this TM30 stuff is certainly throwing up some strange issues.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Although I would never in a million years get an Elite Visa no matter how rich I am, it seems people are buying an Elite Visa, paying 500.000 Bt for five years, and getting nothing at the end of it, it seems there are still complications even after giving away 500.000Bt. The mind sure boggles.

Is there nothing uncomplicated where Thai immigration is concerned? It really seems the best way to go now is to use an agent. ????

We get to stay, there is no other visa for us.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:22 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

We get to stay, there is no other visa for us.

Exactly - and not sure what complications @possum1931 is talking about. 90Day reporting and TM 30 have to be done but it is all straight forward and easy enough compared to some of the other options. Paying agent fees for the next 20 years will add up as well and seems lot less clean than the Elite way

52 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

Exactly - and not sure what complications @possum1931 is talking about. 90Day reporting and TM 30 have to be done but it is all straight forward and easy enough compared to some of the other options. Paying agent fees for the next 20 years will add up as well and seems lot less clean than the Elite way

The 90 day reporting is straight forward for some people and not for others. Being told to report to anyone every so often is treating you like a criminal.

Everyone who is happy doing this are the same people who are too frightened to stand up to anyone and are  happy to be treated like doormats in their everyday lives. "Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir". :cheesy:

How much does it cost for a 20 year Elite visa? I would think a lot more than paying agents fees over the same period if you play your cards right, and I am not talking about doing anything illegal. Don't you have to do reporting with the Elite Visa in some way?

I would bet it is not just a case of handing over the 20 year fee, and having the freedom to go anywhere you like. and living your life as you please, within the law of course.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/23/2019 at 10:57 AM, possum1931 said:

The 90 day reporting is straight forward for some people and not for others. Being told to report to anyone every so often is treating you like a criminal.

Everyone who is happy doing this are the same people who are too frightened to stand up to anyone and are  happy to be treated like doormats in their everyday lives. "Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir". :cheesy:

How much does it cost for a 20 year Elite visa? I would think a lot more than paying agents fees over the same period if you play your cards right, and I am not talking about doing anything illegal. Don't you have to do reporting with the Elite Visa in some way?

I would bet it is not just a case of handing over the 20 year fee, and having the freedom to go anywhere you like. and living your life as you please, within the law of course.

Well, they do my 90 day reporting for me, but i usually never need it as i travel for business around...

20 year visa is 50k per year, frankly not a lot of money, got only the 5 year one tho..they pick me up at home and bring me to first class lounge and bring me back home when i arrive, couldn't care less about that bit of money. Not much worse than parking 800k with them forever, getting reentry permit blabla, and having to deal with their bs every year again and again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Well, they do my 90 day reporting for me, but i usually never need it as i travel for business around...

20 year visa is 50k per year, frankly not a lot of money, got only the 5 year one tho..they pick me up at home and bring me to first class lounge and bring me back home when i arrive, couldn't care less about that bit of money. Not much worse than parking 800k with them forever, getting reentry permit blabla, and having to deal with their bs every year again and again.

Like I said, I wouldn't care how rich I am, I would use an agent before I would throw away money like that on an Elite Visa. 

That way you would not need to bother about their BS, that's what you would be paying the agent for, all legal.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Agent for what dude???

There's NO VISA for under 50 year old non working singles that allows long term stay.

Agents also need you to park money, or whatever they do is not legit.

What nonsense.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Like I said, I wouldn't care how rich I am, I would use an agent before I would throw away money like that on an Elite Visa. 

That way you would not need to bother about their BS, that's what you would be paying the agent for, all legal.

The difference I see is the amount, both could be construed as throwing money away. Your interpretation of 'legal' may differ to someone else's one day. If you simply use an agent to do the legwork for you, and no fabrication of qualifications, I of course withdraw that comment. (But then you would be throwing away money another way). 

There seem to some other compensations to using the expensive Elite option. If you are not 'rich' it is likely you would not grasp what you would or wouldn't do. Money is a great time and aggravation avoider, An old wealthy person can appreciate that and the value of that time. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Agent for what dude???

There's NO VISA for under 50 year old non working singles that allows long term stay.

Agents also need you to park money, or whatever they do is not legit.

What the agents do is not legit?? It has to involve immigration, so you are saying the top people in immigration are not legit?