Thai “Village” Women Threatens to Kill Her Husband/My Friend

George36

This might be a first, but you have total disagreement that from your account of the situation there is nothing anyone can do to help.   I am not a fan of all the terms ( especially "bipolar") that crop up to explain the actions  of disagreeable, angry, bitter,  entitled, arrogant people ( feel free to add on).  

I have no "statistics" but many of the nasty people I meet seem to be that way just because they want to be and get away with it.   I am sure there are some cases where there is a real medical explanation but like i said, most often in MY experience these are just not nice people .  When they find someone who will put up with them they

become very attached .  Then comes the desperation when that other person threatens to leave.  Being alone is possibly the worst hell of all.  Even misery loves company .... 

NOTE:  this is just a general rant, if you will.    The OPs friend may or may not be "ill".   We as casual onlookers on a forum have no way of knowing

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being alone is possibly the worst hell of all. 

Off-topic, but I totally disagree!  After going to hell and back with my bipolar wife, (now thankfully ex-wife), I relish the 'heaven' of living alone without some 'nutter' trying to (perhaps unintentionally) destroy my life.  I would never live with another person.

Yes,. many people can't function when being alone.  Others are strong in character, confident in their own abilities, happy with their own company and hobbies.

Anyway, back to the topic ????

13 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Anyway, back to the topic ????

reading all the topics................ i would like to know ONE that stayed totally on topic   ????

would make for a very brief topic 

i am strong enough to not need to stay with the wrong person.   But in my case it is much nicer with the right person.

My observation is that many people seem to not be happy with their partner (and some are).  I always wonder why the unhappy ones stay together . 

I do not think this is off topic because the OPs friend is threatening to kill himself over his relationship.  Wanting or NEEDING to stay with someone who wants out is, as i opined, a desperate situation

OP I’m sure that you are sincere and you are a good friend indeed.

Some years ago my best friend here in Thailand, someone I had been very close to for 25 years, began to criticize my most sacred beliefs and started making nasty remarks about me and to my face. Sadly, he was diagnosed as bipolar around that time. I tried the best I could to ignore the insults, to understand his illness, and to help in any way I could, but eventually it became intolerable and I had to shut him out from my life. His condition deteriorated and he alienated ALL of his friends. Finally he went back to his country alone and dejected and was institutionalized, which was the best possible outcome for him and all those who had been close to him.

OP, I do not doubt that your friend is bipolar as you have said. He will certainly need medical assistance whether he wants it or not. That in itself must be very troubling for you. What makes his situation dire is that his GF is pushing him now to marry her. Of course she will be well aware of his condition and given her background it seems fair to conclude that her motive for so-doing is to get hold of his money now, or (worse) as an inheritance if he dies.

You have to stop the marriage and preferably get the girl far away from him. Obviously that won’t be easy. Good luck.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

What was the question again.....

Let me re-direct you to another thread :   Gin kow ru yang  (have you eaten yet)

should be a little easier to digest

How did they wind up in Georgia? Is the OP's friend Georgian?  If not, it will be highly unusual for the US Embassy in Georgia to issue a visa for him to visit the United States, and even more unlikely that the Embassy would issue such a visa to the Thai citizen (his common-law wife) until a marriage has been formalised (and provided he is Georgian).

Your friends illness is the only logical explanation for why he would want to marry this worm and take her to the US. What on earth is he thinking? Get rid of her immediately. 

The guy is set for life and seems hellbent on ruining his life. 

He needs counseling and medication. 

17 hours ago, George36 said:

My friend, 66, married in the village near Roi Et three years ago.  She is 37 and worked in a beer bar in Pattaya where they met.  Marriage was never recorded with local office so not legal.  My friend is bipolar and is not a very nice person.

everybody relax! what could go wrong?

17 hours ago, George36 said:

has tried to get police in those countiries to shoot him.  If he died in the village of “suicide”, it would never be questioned by his family or friends.

Okay then, just let him do as he pleases. Nothing to worry about.

your friend should be under the care of a physician experienced with treating bipolar, a psychiatrist, if he is not already. perhaps when he gets his bipolar stuff under control he can reasonably deal with the other stuff.

Having been around people diagnosed as bipolar, if the OP's friend is refusing treatment, then there really is nothing he can do, but step back, watch and wait for the inevitable crash.  The fact that he's made it to age 66 is a miracle.  Many people become bipolar in early adulthood and they don't live that long if they're refusing treatment.  Esp. if he's aiming for death by cop.  In the U.S. that could be very likely.  

In my experience, Thai cops are more gentle, esp. with an older crazy person and are more likely to get an English-speaking member of the tourist police to try to "talk down" a bipolar person and then bring him into a mental hospital for an involuntary police commitment.  That would be the best thing that could happen to the OP's friend.  It would help if the OP were around to tell the cops the guy's background and recommend commitment to a mental hospital when the time comes that he creates a public scene that draws police attention.

Has this situation been brought to the attention of the American Citizen Services section of the U.S. Embassy?  They're likely to be called by the "authorities", either the police or a hospital, when he crashes and burns and it would be good if they had something in their computer about him, his family and friends, etc.  An email to them would be good.  

Wow, this thread doesn't belong in the "Farang Pub" forum.  I read the OPs profile and saw that he had a good posting history after I posted my comment doubted his OP.  This belongs in the Health forum because he's helping a friend with a serious mental health issue.

19 hours ago, George36 said:

Please provide guidance as to what I can or should do, if anything.  Thanks

the only thing coming to mind is to tell your friend .... RUN ....RUN don't look back

Last night, I was advised by a lawyer friend that posting the links in this forum would not be illegal and an invasion of his privacy as he states in almost all of his video his approval to share and get his videos out to the population.  Also, that he agreed to Facebook rules and they include public sharing when he sets parameters on his Facebook account.

The forum rules indicate that I cannot identify his real name.  The videos do not lead to his name or identifying information.  I would request that the moderators delete if I cannot do this.  Thank you.

Embassy Video: 

Taxi Video: 

26 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Has this situation been brought to the attention of the American Citizen Services section of the U.S. Embassy?  They're likely to be called by the "authorities", either the police or a hospital, when he crashes and burns and it would be good if they had something in their computer about him, his family and friends, etc.  An email to them would be good.  

Yes, when he was in Argentina last month, I sent an email with my concerns about his videos of threatening to jump off a tall building in Thailand, forcing suicide by cop and other dark statements.  I received a call from a special agent in the Diplomatic Security Department at the State Department.  

They thanked me for the email mail and requested that I keep them informed as to what embassies he will visit in the future.  It worked well in Georgia as they were able to be prepared for his antics.  

27 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

he needs medication and psychological help. 

Did he really think it would be a good idea to make demands in an embassy? 

He does think it is good because he is an American and he pays their paycheck.  Warped thinking.

On a side note, in Argentina, he renewed his passport and paid the $60 for her to get a tourist visit to U.S.  They denied her visa so he went ahead and disputed the charge on his credit card because she did not get the visa.  

He, ALSO, disputed the renewal fee for his passport.  I was advised that they could void his passport for that.  

Thanks.

Every bipolar person is different, but most are unreasonably paranoid and obsessive. As others have said, the only action is commitment and a course of treatment. He would need commitment for at least 3 months to have a reasonable chance of sticking to his meds and avoiding relapse at least fora few years.

Given he wants to avoid commitment at all costs, and has a self-harm bent, I've no doubt that he would be involuntarily committed in the USA.

That's not likely to happen in Thailand. He's probably happy to stay in Thailand because he is free to do what he wants. Most Thai people probably just think he is just a crazy farang. Other farang think he is just an <deleted> and try and avoid him.

Maybe you should try to engage with the US Embassy in Thailand. Maybe they can suggest some institution or, at the very least, put him on some watch list of American nationals in case he is brought to their attention at a latter date.

All you can do is stay in regular contact with your friend and be sympathetic. When he is in more lucid phases of his mental illness maybe you can try and push him towards treatment.

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

So they having fights , so she said wants to kill him during heated argument and what exactly is the drama?

I guess drama is in the eyes of the beholder.  I consider the two videos above to be drama and dangerous.  For both parties.  Others may disagree and I respect that.  Thanks.

27 minutes ago, George36 said:

Warped thinking.

Indeed.. but George - why would you even want to know this guy... nothing good can come of it and he may get you in trouble one day... or just ruin your day any time his name gets mentioned.... 

1 minute ago, kenk24 said:

Indeed.. but George - why would you even want to know this guy... nothing good can come of it and he may get you in trouble one day... or just ruin your day any time his name gets mentioned.... 

I have been his friend for over 30 years.  He has alienated all of his family and the only friends that he has are like-minded internet types that feed on his craziness.  He knows that I will be there if he needs me and I take comfort that I may be able to assist when or if he needs it.  

But, you are right.  I chance trouble and pain.  I am 65 and just cannot desert him.

18 minutes ago, George36 said:

I have been his friend for over 30 years.  He has alienated all of his family and the only friends that he has are like-minded internet types that feed on his craziness.  He knows that I will be there if he needs me and I take comfort that I may be able to assist when or if he needs it.  

But, you are right.  I chance trouble and pain.  I am 65 and just cannot desert him.

You are a good man sir - I doubt I could handle anything close to this craziness.... Good luck on getting him the help he needs

Archived