Quick questions on TM30 - apologies in advance

I know there are a million posts on TM30s already but having spent hours trawling through them, I am still unclear on a couple of things. Thanks in advance and apologies for yet another addition to this topic.

My Thai wife owns our condo. I have done 5 marriage non o extensions and have shown copies of the deeds and our marriage certificate and so forth. We live in Bangkok.

1/ Given that my wife is the owner, and I am doing marriage extensions, do I need to do a TM30? She isn't my landlord or anything, we are cohabiting.

2/ If yes, is it possible to do online? I know it possible for hotels and businesses but haven't read much about individuals. 

3/ Is it needed if I go for a weekend to another province like Hua Hin or wherever?

4/ It takes me an hour to an hour and a half to get to Chaengwattana. So 2-3 hours round trip plus the whole waiting time there. I have a job. Do I really have to take half a day off every single time I travel out of the country (or more depending on 3 above)? I am sure I would have read more complaints from fully employed if that was the case.

I know this has been discussed and debated to death but I couldn't find anything specific about the above for married people in a an owned condo in Bangkok. And we all know that rules are different in different areas. There must be a few people who are not retired but like to pop to a neighbouring country on a long weekend and I haven't seen anyone talking about having to take off half a day of work every time they return, so am hoping I am misunderstanding something. 

Thanks a lot for anyone that replies. I really hope this doesn't kick off a debate or anything. 

29 minutes ago, jrward42 said:

1/ Given that my wife is the owner, and I am doing marriage extensions, do I need to do a TM30? She isn't my landlord or anything, we are cohabiting.

2/ If yes, is it possible to do online? I know it possible for hotels and businesses but haven't read much about individuals. 

3/ Is it needed if I go for a weekend to another province like Hua Hin or wherever?

4/ It takes me an hour to an hour and a half to get to Chaengwattana. So 2-3 hours round trip plus the whole waiting time there. I have a job. Do I really have to take half a day off every single time I travel out of the country (or more depending on 3 above)? I am sure I would have read more complaints from fully employed if that was the case.

1. Yes, CW now enforce filing the TM30.

2. I am similar to you, married, wife's house. but I have always filed as the possessor.

I have now registered to file online. The registration can be completed in English by the owner or possessor. My wife is not IT literate, so I registered using my name and details.

3. If you stay in a hotel in another Province, they should file a TM30, so when returning to Bangkok, you should refile a new TM30. If you stay with friends and they don't file, then there is no need for you to refile as Immigration are non the wiser.

4. TM30' can be submitted by post at CW, or you can register for online submissions.

Edited by Tanoshi

Hi Tanoshi, 

Thanks a lot for this information, I couldn’t find it elsewhere. Appreciated. Two final quick questions.

1/ When you applied the first time had you already submitted a form in person? When I did 90 reporting it didn’t work until I’d visited CW once. Then when I got a new passport, the same thing happened. 

2/ When you do it online do you get a receipt? I am assuming so, or you’d have nothing to show immigration.

Thanks again. I owe you a beer! I guess I will find out both these questions in due course.

1 minute ago, jrward42 said:

1/ When you applied the first time had you already submitted a form in person? When I did 90 reporting it didn’t work until I’d visited CW once. Then when I got a new passport, the same thing happened. 

I assume you mean applied for my first extension.

Yes, I filed a TM30 the day after arriving in Thailand, I'd already read the requirements on the Immigration Act.

When you leave and re-enter the Country you obtain a new TM6 number.

By filing a new TM30 you advise and update that number.

If you obtain a new passport you should get your stamps transferred asap and your new passport number will be recorded on the system.

If you fail to advise Immigration of changes, then you could have issues using other online services because the (new) details you enter don't match the information you previously advised.

10 minutes ago, jrward42 said:

2/ When you do it online do you get a receipt? I am assuming so, or you’d have nothing to show immigration.

Although I've registered, I haven't as yet filed a new TM30.

I believe you don't get a receipt as such, but you can always take a screenshot of the approval.

That is great info thanks. 

What I meant was that I had done numerous 90 day reports online and it was good. Then got a new passport, got all visa stamps transferred, then soon after did an extension with the new passport and everything was registered and done.

But then, when I did my first 90 day report online after the new passport, it no longer had my new passport details and I couldn't do it online. So I did one 90 day report at CW to get new details in the system and since then, it has worked online ok again and hopefully will do until my passport expires in 9 nine years.

I was just wondering if I would have to do a TM30 at CW to get my details in the system before I can do TM30 online. But I guess I will find that out.

This is all quite new and none of my friends who live here know about it so thanks. I did my extension in February and it wasn't a requirement in Bangkok then.

When you say it is to update the TM6 number, that obviously isn't the case when you travel within Thailand. It seems like they just need to know where you are at all times. 

Anyway, thanks Tanoshi, you have been most helpful. I guess I will add this to list of stuff I have to do to live here. 

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

I assume you mean applied for my first extension.

Yes, I filed a TM30 the day after arriving in Thailand, I'd already read the requirements on the Immigration Act.

When you leave and re-enter the Country you obtain a new TM6 number.

By filing a new TM30 you advise and update that number.

If you obtain a new passport you should get your stamps transferred asap and your new passport number will be recorded on the system.

If you fail to advise Immigration of changes, then you could have issues using other online services because the (new) details you enter don't match the information you previously advised.

Although I've registered, I haven't as yet filed a new TM30.

I believe you don't get a receipt as such, but you can always take a screenshot of the approval.

The hotel I lived in gave me a screenshot as proof for immigration. I do not believe there is an actual receipt as such.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The hotel I lived in gave me a screenshot as proof for immigration. I do not believe there is an actual receipt as such.

Oh ok, cool. I will try that if I get the online to work. Thanks

Jrward; There is no requirement for the online TM30 to be used, to have been done manually (at immigration) first. I am in the process of applying to use the online system myself (own condo). That said; some of the feed back I found here DOES say that the approval (receiving login/password for the system) was faster for ones who have done it manually prior than the ones that have never done it before.

Some that have applied for using the system have been waiting up to 6 weeks I see here too. I am only less than a week in, so will give it a few weeks and see. Cheers!

23 minutes ago, jrward42 said:

It seems like they just need to know where you are at all times. 

Three years ago a local foreign was killed in a car crash.

Unfortunately he had no ID on his person and when Immigration went to his registered address, they were told he'd moved 2 months previously, address unknown.

It took two weeks to trace his family, by which time he'd been cremated.

Very upsetting for his family who didn't get a chance to say goodbye.

Firefan, Interesting, thanks. Yeah, I had read a few reports of people saying they were still waiting. That is why I thought I might have to go in to CW once first. If it is just quicker I might not bother and just apply online and hopefully avoid any fine they might try and impose if I am there. I am going abroad in a couple of weeks and again less than 90 days later, so will hopefully be up and running online when I return from the second one with a fresh TM6. I hear people are getting fined when doing 90 day reports or extensions.

With a bit of luck they might have changed the requirement in a few months! (Not holding my breath.) Good luck with the application.

As CW have only just started enforcing the TM30 requirement, I suggest you file your first by post, EMS return addressed pre paid envelope.

Copy of passport.

Copy of Non O Visa.

Copy of last extension.

Copy of TM6

Copy of last entry stamp.

Copy of Tabien Baan and ID of owner

(sign all copies).

The online registration is now taking some weeks to obtain your username and password.

CW is probably inundated as the word spreads.

Thanks Tanoshi. I am going abroad in a couple of weeks so will do that on my return.

It is a shame they don't have a way that if you own a property for say, 5 years, and have submitted the same address for every extension, TM6, 90 day report, etc, you can't just tick a box saying 'nothing has changed' and be done. If the online works well, then no big deal I guess.

Thanks for the list. I will try the post.