I keep a secondary account with KTB with just a minimum balance. Yesterday I was asking them about some fees taken from my account and the lady did not seem helpful/knowledgeable. They took 1,599 baht as an 'annual ATM card fee'. That seems very high and from a little research on the internet I'm under the impression the annual fee should be closer to 200 baht. Maybe I have some special card I'm not aware of?

They were also taking 15 baht per month and said it was because my balance was below 2,000 baht, so I deposited a little more. A few months back the 15 baht increased to 20 per month and the lady yesterday said it was a transaction fee for using other ATM's, which I pointed out that I never did. Then she changed her mind and said it was an SMS fee where they notify my phone for each transaction. I never signed up for it, and don't even have a phone. It seems to have started automatically. 

Any information would be appreciated, especially regarding the annual fee. Thanks.

From the KTB fee webage....you must have below card....that could be one of the most expensive debit cards in Thailand.  Why did you sign-up for that card?  KTB regular debit card is only Bt200/year.  Take a look at below weblink as the list a bunch of different fees for this and that.

https://www.ktb.co.th/Download/rateFee/RateFeeDownload_431062384_E.pdf

image.png.510a5e3abaf97165faf1f6699652f198.png

Thank you for the information. I used an agency when I got my original Retirement Visa and they opened the bank account for me. I didn't choose it and didn't know I had a more expensive card. Since then I've opened my own account at Bangkok Bank and that's the account I normally use. I'll go into KTB Monday and cancel the card. I wanted to be better informed when I returned. Now I am, thanks again.

5 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Thank you for the information. I used an agency when I got my original Retirement Visa and they opened the bank account for me. I didn't choose it and didn't know I had a more expensive card. Since then I've opened my own account at Bangkok Bank and that's the account I normally use. I'll go into KTB Monday and cancel the card. I wanted to be better informed when I returned. Now I am, thanks again.

You've already paid for the next year....KTB may not refund the fee....but you can sure give it a try.

Sounds like the agency signed you up or the most expensive card....I expect the agency and bank are in bed with each other....yes, we will open a bank account as long as expensive debit card is also opened....and maybe other bank services/fees.

Yeah, I doubt they will refund the money and don't really expect them to. My mistake, I should have been better informed and asked more questions. No doubt the agent and the bank are helping each other under the table. The more I got to know that particular agent the less I trusted him, so once I learned how to do everything on my own I dumped him. Even now it still comes back to bite me in the butt. Live and learn!

They will refund it pro-rata. While you are there make sure you cancel the SMS alerts.

You can get LINE alerts for free through their mobile app.

You can also do ATM cash withdrawals through their app without an ATM card.