Hamilton on pole in France, Vettel only seventh

1 minute ago, fxe1200 said:

....and may be the replacement for Vettel soon.

I would think LeClerc is the natural successor to Vettel, possibly as early as next season. Norris to take over the number 2 seat ? well possible but doubt it

• Like 1

I don't much like Vettel. Poor sportsman and poor loser. His F1 Championship wins were all with Red Bull which had by far and away the best car at the time. I think that if he and Hamilton went toe to toe in identical cars, Hamilton would trounce him, he's just a better driver and much cooler under pressure.

Vettel is not in same league as Hamilton, nearly every time he chokes under pressure and quickly throws his toys out of the  pram, the time penalty was warranted as he did rejoin in a dangerous manner, I know a lot said where else or what else could he have done, but he did come well over on the track to put Ham into the wall if he did not lift (so if he is a top driver as he thinks he could have held on track instead of coming right over to ensure Ham had to lift) penalty was correct, Hamilton was on his a$$ and he binned it into the turn, he would have been overtaken without that incident so result was right in end. 

If Ferrari had any sense they would off load Vettel if he does not start getting results and get Daniel Ricardo in - imagine how good he would be in a prancing horse for a season or two but Leclerc is the better driver there at moment and Vettel knows it, embarrassing yesterday him holding up the youngster, he is starting his pram antics as the only answer to Leclerc's talents in the Ferrari lol... Time to hang up his overalls me'thinks

• Like 1